Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away
The wife and I are headed out there from March 1-5 for her birthday. We have MGM Players Club cards so were thinking about using those to get decent room rates but I was wondering about the resorts and timeshares there. Is it worth staying in a timeshare or one of the resort rooms they advertise? I'm asking because I was dicking around on CL and a lot of resort rooms come up but ask for PayPal payment, which seems stupid to me. Anyways, am I better off using my card to get excellent room rates?

We're looking to stay around the Luxor area, if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

WouldDesk posted:

Is this your first trip to Vegas together?

No, probably our 5th. We're looking for decent rates though for her birthday weekend. We have some points on our players cards and we can use our points on a room through MGM but we're trying to see if we can score something for the whole trip (8 of us).

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

MasterControl posted:

For any of those heading to vegas the Luxor - a moderately priced hotel - just reported legionnaire's disease.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/la-trb-legionnaires-luxor-las-vegas-20120131,1,4837005.story

We were just there and got evacuated in the middle of the night for a :airquote: water problem :airquote:
I guess we get what we pay for but on the bright side I may be part of a class action lawsuit! And I've never been part of one of those! :hfive:

Sooo, think it's best to avoid the Luxor when I go in March now or do you think the room rates will kick rear end?

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

Where can I get cheap tickets to shows at? I know they have the discount places but are they legit?