Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Horseshoe seems like a good value proposition yeah? We're trying to do a Vegas mini-vacation on the relatively cheap. Tuscany also seems like a valid option.

Also planning on Penn & Teller, Cirque du Soleil, Mac King. Any other cool shows?

Was going to get tickets for Piff the Magic Dragon when I saw he's on tour to our area around that time frame so got tickets for that instead!

Grand Canyon - is it worth renting a car or is a day trip tour thing fine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Judgy Fucker posted:

Horseshoe was recently renovated, so if the price seems decent definitely go for it.

Cool, I think we'll just do that.

Video detailing the MGM/Caesar's/real estate shenanigans that I had no idea about. I'm sure this all known to the regulars here but I thought it was interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dAp1PmhH8g

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Gucci Loafers posted:

As far as budget options go, Tuscany ain't bad while not fancy good enough with a walk or quick cab/uber to Strip. The Plaza downtown can also be a decent catch.

After looking at maps, Tuscany is a little further from the strip than I realized.

What's the best Vegas buffet these days? Bacchanal?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

A Fancy Hat posted:

My wife and I are going to Vegas at the end of March. We more or less have our whole trip planned out, but we weren't sure about a couple of things:

Is there a "best" Cirque de Soleil show? We're leaning towards O because of the water tank being a cool gimmick, but any recommendations for a different one?

Is Penn and Teller worth it or should we check out a different magic show?

We decided to do both O and Love in February. Also seeing Penn & Teller because why not? We were going to do Piff the Magic Dragon as well but he’s coming to our area in a couple weeks.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
We did both Wynn and Bacchanal. Wynn does some things better but overall we both preferred Bacchanal. For what it’s worth.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Wish we knew about MGM being non-smoking, it was by far our biggest complaint. Some were better than others. Our hotel, Horseshoe, was among the worst.

Excellent location and rooms for the price though.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
That's awful to hear. I am so grateful I don't have whatever brain wiring it is that causes people to do that.

Sports betting I can get but slots? I don't see the appeal. It probably didn't help that most of the time I had no idea what was going on with some of those crazy involved slots.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Apr 5, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
The alley/walkway to the ferris wheel is a good place for people watching. I think it's called something to do with the Aria? Where Ramsey's Fish + Chips is located.

The busty BDSM ladies with the paddles stand at the entrance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

smellmycheese posted:

The Cosmo bar was where I got to the quintessentially Vegas thing of having 2 hot hookers offer me a fun time together and flashing my wedding ring and saying “sorry ladies”. Then we got back and she bankrupted me lol

So you've brought it up a couple times and now I'm curious. Are you going to stay together? She getting counseling?

How did the reveal happen? How many quid we talking?