Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I agree. I think a lot of the under 24 players that show promise will be tested at one point or another. I keep thinking Nagbe would be a great addition if he would just pull the trigger a little more often and show a bit more aggression. Then he might get a little more attention from the national level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Harry Shipp is seriously so good. I haven't been this impressed with a young player for a long time. He's the only bright spot on an otherwise depressingly mediocre Chicago team.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

El Jebus posted:

I agree. I think a lot of the under 24 players that show promise will be tested at one point or another. I keep thinking Nagbe would be a great addition if he would just pull the trigger a little more often and show a bit more aggression. Then he might get a little more attention from the national level.

Did he get his citizenship changed yet, heard them mention on a Timbers broadcast that it was in the process or something like that.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Bankok posted:

Did he get his citizenship changed yet, heard them mention on a Timbers broadcast that it was in the process or something like that.

I don't understand the legalities of it but from what I've read (and according to Wikipedia) he can gain citizenship next year.

RE: young talent elsewhere: Joe Gyau just moved from Hoffenheim to Dortmund; he'll play for Dortmund II for awhile, of course, but that's pretty cool.

I imagine we'll see guys like Joe Corona re-enter the fold, too.

Next year's Gold Cup gonna be fun as hell.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
What's next? Gold cup? that's before olympics right?

INKRO
Feb 7, 2012
Gold cup in 2015 and Copa Americas in 2016 right?

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
We have a friendly scheduled for Sept. 3 in Prague vs. the Czechs, for what that's worth. If past World Cup years are any indication, we might get a friendly here in October or November.

But yeah, as far as meaningful poo poo, Gold Cup starts next July.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Was unpleasantly reminded how many of our players were over 30 for this WC. Hope we've got more kids in the pipeline. And in Germany.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I was pleasantly surprised to find out how young Guzan is (for a keeper). I thought he was a lot older than he was for some reason, and while not on Howard's level, he is quite close.

INKRO
Feb 7, 2012
Yeah I'm not worried about our GK situation come 2018 because we'll likely have Guzan between the sticks, it'll be the cycle after that before I start sweating it.

Much more concerned about our flank play atm.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I'm glad one of our American bros brought back the safe space thread so quick even though there is another US thread everyone was using. Those trolls were getting f*cking brutal

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Much like Landon Donovan this thread should be closed and forgotten about as it is hella old and deprecated. No need for 2 USA threads.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

vaginal culture posted:

Much like Landon Donovan this thread should be closed and forgotten about as it is hella old and deprecated. No need for 2 USA threads.

This thread is pretty bloated

INKRO
Feb 7, 2012
Close em both and make a new one for the new cycle I say.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Luis Gil (19) can and should be a part of the next four years. We might see Diego Fagundez (18) and Andrew Farrell (21) in there too. Amobi Okugo (23) will get at least a look in defense. Hopefully Benji Hoya (20) continues to develop as he can be really fun to watch.

Continue to watch MLS Homegrown Players. I can only really speak to the Galaxy signings (Bowen, Villareal, Zardes, Sorto, McBean, Mendiola, and Bradford Jamieson IV), but they all show great potential and have now grown up watching and playing high level soccer. That hasn't always been the case for our youth players and now it's a reality. A lot of the guys already mentioned are homegrown.

The MLS academies will be producing more legitimate national team talents as they grow. It's only going to get better.

Also: JA Brooks (21), Will Packwood (21), Duane Holmes (19), Paul Arriola (19), Julian Green (19), Omar Salgado (20), and maybe possibly Gedion Zelalem (17).

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
FC Dallas has this homegrown midfielder, Victor Ulloa, who was nearly cut but actually looks to have a bright future. I still think Jack Mac and Shipp have a shot to emerge.

It will be fun to see who gets a shot over the next few years.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
What the hell is this thread for

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Pissflaps posted:

What the hell is this thread for

seriously just post in the usa thread

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Women's World Cup in Canada next year!

To extend our streak of making Canada hate us and doing it on their home ground. Awesome.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Was Taters posted:

To extend our streak of making Canada hate us and doing it on their home ground. Awesome.

Thanks, but I prefer not do die of boredom just yet.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFOkUFlWVZQ

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Was Taters posted:

Sydney LeRoux booing is going to reach a fever pitch.

And then she'll score a hattrick of hattricks :getin:

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
sprinkle some high school teams into the women's world cup to make it interesting

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

fat greasy puto posted:

sprinkle some high school teams into the women's world cup to make it interesting

They should let an under 15's boys team compete.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Nybble posted:

Sydney LeRoux booing is going to reach a fever pitch.

And then she'll score a hattrick of hattricks :getin:

this is literally going to happen because that piece of poo poo can't not loving score on us

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Azerban posted:

this is literally going to happen because that piece of poo poo can't not loving score on us

Don't worry, she'll get sent off for taunting the fans. She also can't not do that.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
That was fun. Next up...regional U-20s in January!

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

This is the thread where we post Harry Shipp videos and hope for the best over the next 4 years. Much better than the thread filled with euros

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Tetrix posted:

welp time to change this avatar. I got it in 2006. Requesting pics of Julian Green looking like a dreamboat

By the way:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Hello guys, Im going to close this thread because it's very old and a lot of things have changed since the World Cup! Feel free to make a new USMNT discussion thread, but please post in the ongoing international threads when you have qualifiers and tournament games. Don't be afraid!

• Locked thread