Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

9999DMG
May 20, 2007
Gently caress this poo poo.

Alteisen posted:

Did you enter the final stage before you did the 5th kalpa? If you did then you locked yourself out.

And yes to question number 2.

Well poo poo. Looks like it's just regular demon ending for me, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

MarsDragon posted:

Goddammit Soejima.

Atleast in my opinion I think Tatsuya's looking pretty rad. It has Kaneko's eyes and lips but drawn with Soejima's style and coloring. It's also a clear improvement compared to Soejima's innocent sin art.
Also check out http://p-atlus.jp/p2x/ for a nice rendition of the map theme.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

MarsDragon posted:

Huh, the dungeon screenshot looks like there's a change to the mapping interface of just the fading out feet instead of highlighting. I wonder how that will work for the mapping quest, unless they bring back the highlighting on the minimap if you have a map quest open.

And that art of Tatsuya is literally just the original EP art in a more generic style. Goddammit Soejima.

You know, in the original it was still Soejima illustrating Kaneko's designs. Nothing has changed.

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Friday Friday in the club on Friday, we we we so excited
Just started my NG+ in DS2 and I decided to answer "Let me die" when Tico asked if I wanted to live. He's all like "you sure?" And I'm like "yup. Positive." Tico basically responds "but thou must!" and I go "nope."

So he lets me die and I get a mission failure. drat you Atlus

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Hell, I completely missed Devil Survivor 2's release (forgot it was coming out entirely!) and now apparently the nearest local store that has a copy is... in Arizona?! Time to go mail-order, I suppose.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

The Hater posted:

Just started my NG+ in DS2 and I decided to answer "Let me die" when Tico asked if I wanted to live. He's all like "you sure?" And I'm like "yup. Positive." Tico basically responds "but thou must!" and I go "nope."

That's awesome.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIPh4IxwV6k&hd=1

P4 dude talks about the game in Japanese. Plays it a bit so we can see what it looks like on an actual Vita.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Mar 9, 2012

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Policenaut posted:

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIPh4IxwV6k&hd=1

P4 dude talks about the game in Japanese. Plays it a bit so we can see what it looks like on an actual Vita.

At around 1:34 in you can see Marie sitting with Igor and Margaret in the velvet limo so I guess that confirms that she's part of their troupe.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.

Dastardly posted:

At around 1:34 in you can see Marie sitting with Igor and Margaret in the velvet limo so I guess that confirms that she's part of their troupe.

Oh wow. I wonder what her role will be in the Velvet Room? She doesn't seem to be replacing Margret, so maybe there's some new zany option in the Velvet Room that involves her?

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Dogbutt posted:

Oh wow. I wonder what her role will be in the Velvet Room? She doesn't seem to be replacing Margret, so maybe there's some new zany option in the Velvet Room that involves her?

It better have something to do with controlling which abilities carry over to newly fused personas, dammit. The one thing I truly hate about this series is having to keep pressing the same two buttons until I see a skill set to a persona I actually like.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.

TheLoser posted:

It better have something to do with controlling which abilities carry over to newly fused personas, dammit. The one thing I truly hate about this series is having to keep pressing the same two buttons until I see a skill set to a persona I actually like.

In Devil Survivor they did that. So maybe they'll implement it in other SMT games hopefully. Actually, did Strange Journey come before or after Devil Survivor? I know you had to do the button thing in that.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Get her social link to rank 10 to be able to choose which skills are carried over.

Social link becomes available at the end of December.

:toot:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Dogbutt posted:

In Devil Survivor they did that. So maybe they'll implement it in other SMT games hopefully. Actually, did Strange Journey come before or after Devil Survivor? I know you had to do the button thing in that.
It came after Devil Survivor. Come and play the fusion game.
To be fair, Devil Survivor's demons have a more restricted ability set. They get three in active skills, three passive skills and one, fixed racial skill. Most of the time, the demons will have some number of preset active and passive skills, too, so you don't get to pass on too many skills. Whereas in the other games, demons have like 8 skill slots or something and can inherit a lot more skills.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.

Nahxela posted:

It came after Devil Survivor. Come and play the fusion game.
To be fair, Devil Survivor's demons have a more restricted ability set. They get three in active skills, three passive skills and one, fixed racial skill. Most of the time, the demons will have some number of preset active and passive skills, too, so you don't get to pass on too many skills. Whereas in the other games, demons have like 8 skill slots or something and can inherit a lot more skills.

I guess that's true. I honestly don't mind spending a half-hour pressing 2 buttons over and over again to get the perfect demon. But maybe that's just me.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hmm I just noticed Tatsuzou Sudou looks a bit like Andrew Breitbart COINCIDENCE???

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

The Hater posted:

You can do this on your first runthrough. You don't get NG+ for doing it though, unlike in Soul Nomad. Beating Soul Nomad in the first ten minutes is the best.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

gently caress the last boss on the path I was on for DS2. What a dick. I got sick of the stupid gimmick so just hopped right over and crushed it with Holy Dance, Drain, and his own stupid physical attack. How was that dipshit the administrator of anything SMT if he can't even understand the concept of Phys Repel and why using a super powerful Physical attack on someone with the skill is really stupid?

And with the Amazing Revolving Demon Door the rear end in a top hat was abusing, I went from Level 66 to 70. Oh well, on to NG+.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 9, 2012

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
P4 spoilers, the anime reached Namatame's dungeon, and the show will follow the same "well that settles it!" plot point for revealing Adachi. My issue is, why did Naoto made such a huge deal about what Adachi said? It made perfect sense for him to say that, even if he werent the murder. It bugged me then and it will bug me eventually when the anime reaches that far.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
As far as I remember, Adachi was acting completely clueless when the group was talking about personas and rescuing people. They never even mentioned specifically who was saved during their adventures. The only people who actively suspected that the kidnapping victims had something to do with the murders were Dojima and Naoto. That's why it was so weird for him to say "Oh, I guess that settles it." when Naoto reads the list of victims from the journals. He still shouldn't have much of a idea of what's happening if he's not the killer.

TheLoser fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 9, 2012

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Friday Friday in the club on Friday, we we we so excited

TheLoser posted:

As far as I remember, Adachi was acting completely clueless when the group was talking about personas and rescuing people. They never even mentioned specifically who was saved during their adventures. The only people who actively suspected that the kidnapping victims had something to do with the murders were Dojima and Naoto. That's why it was so weird for him to say "Oh, I guess that settles it." when Naoto reads the list of victims from the journals. He still shouldn't have much of a idea of what's happening if he wasn't the killer.

That coupled with the fact that any time Dojima was hinted at having doubts about the case or connecting the kidnappings with the murders Adachi would sarcastically quip "is this your Detective's intuition or something?" and would kinda brush it off, but the second it came up with the crew he's all "welp pack it up boys"

vv I have no idea how you're having that many problems with DS2. I beat the game with minimal grinding and the only fights I REALLY had trouble on were those on the last day sans the final boss, who I beat on the first try without any problems (AND my MC was physical/agility based!)

The Hater fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Mar 10, 2012

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"I am Ronaldo Kukiri and I will show your sins"

*one shots my overleveled MC like it was nothing*

And that is how I found out that DS carts bounce extremely well when thrown to the floor.

gently caress this game, this poo poo keeps happening again and again regardless of my skill set or preparation, I'd rather face a thousand Beldrs than this crap.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Alteisen posted:

And that is how I found out that DS carts bounce extremely well when thrown to the floor.

gently caress this game, this poo poo keeps happening again and again regardless of my skill set or preparation, I'd rather face a thousand Beldrs than this crap.
If that pissed you off, hoo boy, beating him produces something even worse. In fact, that's the part I'm stuck on right now because god drat.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I mean, so far the only time I had trouble was with fights specifically intended to fake you out, and prior to that I played riskier than I should have.

I am talking about the Day 4 Septentrione, of course.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Alteisen posted:

Yeah, Ronaldo is a pretty taxing boss. The game's difficulty is pretty weird, to be honest. The day 4 boss is a real rear end in a top hat, but the day 5 and 6 bosses are chumps and it's not until day 7 that the game resumes throwing hard fights at you. Fortunately, by day 7 you've unlocked Evil Flow which makes pretty much everything a joke.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Alteisen posted:

Kukiri isn't even the hard part of that fight honestly. The way I beat him was put a Kishin in my main character's team, ignored everything else, and ran my MC up to him ASAP then killed him in two rounds. It is a lot less about leveling and just picking skills/demon racials 100% suited to the task at hand

Heavy neutrino posted:

. . . and it's not until day 7 that the game resumes throwing hard fights at you.

When I saw the Day 7 Boss's gimmick I just suspended my save and said "gently caress it I'm going to bed." When I came back to the game, and actually attempted that portion of the fight I killed him no issue. A lot of the fights in the game are a lot tougher than they look. I honestly feel the Kukiri fight and the immediate follow up to that and the last boss are the two "bullshit" fights in the game

MotU fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 10, 2012

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.

Alteisen posted:

Just get an Orcus, beat the poo poo out of the Bawhatever, and you're good.

Trust me, there's a much worse battle coming up...

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
I had a really hard time on the second fight of day 7 in Saiduq's path because I hadn't leveled Hinako's Fate so I was stuck with two characters against a group of 10 that includes a boss and a sub-boss. Most of the fights in that chapter can be tough because it's full of human enemies who sometimes come with good setups (Rage Soul + phys amp + attack all + devil flash, holy poo poo) which you have to be prepared for.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

As usual in SMT, there's not really a middle ground between "instantly annihilated" and "easy victory". That mission kicked my rear end until I abused the Jack Frosts in the free fights to get a Lenan Sidhe for all 4 teams. With that and everyone else at 24/25 both parts of the fight became ridiculously easy. I even took my time wiping out the followers first.

Basically, if you're curbstomped despite heavy preparation then you need to prepare more. Despite how soul-crushing it seems it's worth it when the team you've invested so much in just destroys everything. Of course, sometimes it comes down to an unlucky freeze/shock but Ronaldo is generally free of those.

At the end of Thursday now. Free fight enemies are disappointingly low-level but I find things work out if you always have the MC finish off bosses/big boys.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 10, 2012

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

The Hater posted:

Haha, yeah, that was the first thing I did when I originally booted the game up. I wanted to see if it would let it happen, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Pierce
Apr 7, 2007

Fool!
Alright, day 8 in DS2 Polaris via Daichi's path is beating my rear end Any tips?

9999DMG
May 20, 2007
Gently caress this poo poo.
I was pissed when I found out I had apparently locked myself out of the True Demon ending in SMT:N. Then I remembered that I keep multiple save files for a reason. So I loaded up a save from back in the Diet Building. I'm not actually upset about having to do 10+ hours of gameplay over again. It gives me a chance to do things over with foreknowledge. I'm planning out my fusions so I can have exactly the demons I need without spending too much macca. I'm not doing anything too insane, (like that one guy someone linked to a few pages back,) but I am setting myself up for success.

One thing that I wish I could do over is NOT buying the magatamas from the Collector Manikin. If you're not planning on getting Masakados (which I'm not,) you really don't need them. Vimana and Kamurogi are redundant because you don't need that many physical attack skills, and there are plenty of great phys skills on other magatamas. Granted, most of those are from sidequests, but I feel like the sidequests are easier and more fun than grinding up a bunch of money. I can understand buying Sofia, since the only other magatama with high-level healing skills is Geis. If you really don't want to do that annoying minigame, it might be worth it to just buy Sofia.

The reason I say this is, I'm trying to complete the compendium. The biggest obstacle to completing the compendium is fusing the highest level demons. Michael, Metatron, Vishnu, and Mot especially. Michael alone will cost at least 130,000 macca to make. The enemies in the final dungeon drop a lot of macca, but I want to avoid grinding too much. But what's done is done, and I don't think I'll have any trouble reaching my goal.

One thing I wish this game had: the option to kick Lucifer's rear end without joining him.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

9999DMG posted:

One thing I wish this game had: the option to kick Lucifer's rear end without joining him.

Maybe in the next remake? Who am I kidding, they'll never add that in. :smith:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Pierce posted:

Alright, day 8 in DS2 Polaris via Daichi's path is beating my rear end Any tips?

Reflect physical. Pierce doesn't get past reflect, so you can turn its own attacks against it.

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Mar 10, 2012

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Momomo posted:

If that pissed you off, hoo boy, beating him produces something even worse. In fact, that's the part I'm stuck on right now because god drat.

There's something else? Are you serious?

He did have a kishin, a garm, it didn't matter, his 2 demons took them out with multi hit spells and ronaldo finished me with mow down.

All I can figure is to dogpile him with everyone.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.

Alteisen posted:

He did have a kishin, a garm, it didn't matter, his 2 demons took them out with multi hit spells and ronaldo finished me with mow down.

All I can figure is to dogpile him with everyone.

If you beat him, everyone leaves. But if you don't beat him fast enough then, the others will escape.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Beating him brings out the next big bad who splits into two parts. Said parts can form back into one again to replenish their HP and MP fully. Not beating both fast enough will result in the one left over to magically form back into two. Oh, also you have to protect Ronaldo's stupid rear end from getting killed. They replenish your health and you can relocate skills and stuff, but you can not save between these two fights. It's like they're trying to piss you off.

To be honest, I didn't find the first part that bad (my physical MC kind of steps all over everything), it's just that what comes after requires you to be on your toes, and loving up makes you start it all over.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
You can save during that part using Suspend, the Suspend data remains as a "fourth" save file even after you load it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Momomo posted:

Beating him brings out the next big bad who splits into two parts. Said parts can form back into one again to replenish their HP and MP fully. Not beating both fast enough will result in the one left over to magically form back into two. Oh, also you have to protect Ronaldo's stupid rear end from getting killed. They replenish your health and you can relocate skills and stuff, but you can not save between these two fights. It's like they're trying to piss you off.

To be honest, I didn't find the first part that bad (my physical MC kind of steps all over everything), it's just that what comes after requires you to be on your toes, and loving up makes you start it all over.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold up.

The two halves reforming does not replenish his HP. I know this for a fact because Ronaldo and my MC murdered him with Drain a couple of turns after he'd reformed, and no way we could do that with a full HP Phecda.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I remember it doing so, but even if it didn't, he's still immune to every element when they're combined. When I finally killed one half the other just combined into a full one and I just said gently caress it and turned the game off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Pureauthor posted:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold up.

The two halves reforming does not replenish his HP. I know this for a fact because Ronaldo and my MC murdered him with Drain a couple of turns after he'd reformed, and no way we could do that with a full HP Phecda.

It seems to depend on how much damage you to do both forms while it's split. In my first attempt at that battle, I killed the weak to magic form and barely scratched the weak to physical form, and when it recombined it was only missing like 20% of its health. When I tried the battle again, I killed the weak to magic form and had the weak to physical form down to critical health, and when it recombined it was in yellow health.