Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

Everyone else already has their VA revealed.
Huh. Was not expecting JapaneseDub!Jack Bauer to voice Ronaldo.

Junichi Suwabe as Yamato...is not as surprising, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Rinkles posted:

Jesus this took way too long for what's a stupid punchline.

e:Eh, I don't think it's NSFW? Unless you look really hard.
:golfclap: Well done.

Of course it's not NSFW. The offensive section is covered by the hat. :v:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The characters all sound good. Nice to see some of the others get little cameos (except for Fumi and Ronaldo, oddly enough).

Looking forward to the finished product. The trailer music is clear that Nakagawa is going to deliver something good, even if a good portion of the OST is going to sound like it came from a mariachi band.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Chapter 3 of the DS2 manga is out.
We meet Yamato, Makoto (properly, that is) and are introduced to JPs. Not much else to say, except that Joe still hasn't shown up.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Snix posted:

Anguished One and Yamato DeSu2:TA videos released.
Okay. I'm just going to get this out of the way. I am NOT going to be able to pay attention to AO in this anime. Because I'm going to be mesmerized by his GIANT EYELASHES. :stare:
Seriously, eyelashes DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! :stare:

Rinkles posted:

Surprise surprise, Devil Survivor 2 Break Code (for the 3DS) was just announced alongside the anime pre-screening. Supposed to be out by Summer.
Not surprised by this. Well, now that means I can get 2 games for the 3DS when I get enough money to buy it. :smith:

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I swear to god if any voice is as annoying as Midori's was this time around, I'm gonna snap, it's gonna be Airi, just watch.
:10bux: on this as well from me.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

If you look really closely, you can see that they're more like scars as opposed to eyelashes. The anime just makes it so much more pronounced that it's really awkward to look at.

Huh. I guess you're right. Although...that'd be something I'd tone down in the anime, not slap about 1000 neon signs on them and have all of the signs say "LookatmeLookatmeLookatmeLookatmeLookatme!", which is what they went for. Still, it's minor...but jarring. Still waiting on hearing how Kotaru Nakagawa's music will sound. And how many mariachi bands he'll bring for the ride.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Playable Jungo, make it happen, Atlus.

The cat
This goon speaks great words of wisdom. :colbert:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dehry posted:

I'm not saying it's bad, just different. We haven't even met Joe yet and they've already defeated Dubhue.
Great. That means they're following the manga adaptation like Strange Quark said...although that means that we're probably not going to see Joe until his death clip where he meets up with Ronaldo.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TurnipFritter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lXGwDoUZ-o

Break Record has animated cutscenes. It's kind of a weird effect.
Hinako's oufit status: Still loving ridiculous.

Seriously, her right boob is trying to claw its way out from her top in that cutscene.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

What about the Hero's hood? Even in those new cutscenes it looks like some sort of graphical bug.
That at least looks like something that makes sense. It's just goofy looking.

Hinako's outfit...is just plain :psyduck:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Hi, Laura Bailey. Also, I recognize the I WILL BECOME A SAMURAI voice from somewhere, but can't put my finger on it. I think it's Steve from Catherine, but I'm not sure. Oh yeah and Kyle Hebert as the loud guy, but that's the most obvious one.
It almost sounds like Yuri Lowenthal trying to be super-serious and/or hiding his usual voice characteristics. Sounds bizarrely forced, to be honest.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TurnipFritter posted:

Shadow Junpei is a sight to see, I tell ya.
Welp, the internet just gained a new reaction face meme image. Thank you, Atlus and ArcSys.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The REAL Goobusters posted:

It's finally Jiraiya's chance to shine!
Disco Ninja Frog can finally show off his disco side!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Alteisen posted:

What possible thing could pose a threat to both Narukami and blue Jesus. :stare:
Final Exams week, obviously.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I have only one request, Atlus. Please, please release information on how the following scene happens soon.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

I find the artstyle really cute, though I agree stuff like the way Yukiko's bangs get all pixelly and weird at the ends is a bit off.
I think that's in part due to Yukiko having her jet black hair being set in front of her very bright red sweater.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Akihiko and Shijiro are shrinking in size, and don't even notice it. :allears:

That said, oh God, Kappei Yamaguchi's shrunken voice. :gonk: I'm getting Beast Wars Japanese dub flashbacks.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hey now, this is before P4 Arena. Aigis isn't supposed to have TROLL.exe installed yet, Atlus!

Also, nice to see Teddie's human form. Maybe we might be able to use that form in battle like The Golden allowed us to.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

New pQ trailers just came out on atlus's youtube channel. Not character-specific, and a bunch of cool glimpses at animated cutscenes.

e: for convenience
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXn3TLAw7Ek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v37yj3jq6SM
I get all of the P4 cast's poses (being JoJo references)....except what is Teddie's supposed to be?

Also, angry Margaret. :allears:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dammit, beat me to the joke.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

What.

No, seriously. WHAT.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

E:

I can't wait for the "Elizabeth attempts to murder Rise for implying other people are cool" storyline. Seriously look at those eye daggers.
Those are less eye daggers and more "What in the world is this bizarre creature?" eyes.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Naoto geeking out over Aigis being an android was something I did not expect.

Although, if they are setting up a Ken and Kanji friendship, I am all down for that.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I cannot stop laughing at how Koromaru floats during dialogue scenes. Although...I can smell the bad comments/fanart/Tumblr posts that the shrunken-down Yukari scene is going to spawn.
:ughh:

Also, Koro beats you out by a mile, Teddie. He doesn't have stupidly annoying squeaking noises when he walks around. Therefore, Koromaru is the better cute and furry companion. :colbert:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Rise is going to have dance moves as her attacks. Calling it now. As for Himiko, there was that time in the P4 anime where it straight up headbutt-tackles Ameno-No-Sagiri with the other Personas, so they might be able to work something out of it.

Ken's spear is going to be one hell of a weapon. I'm betting on him gaining a spear variant of Dante's Prop Shredder move from MvC3.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Mara is a giant dick riding a chariot in every single iteration of the SMT games yes
Except in Nocturne, where it doesn't have the chariot for some reason.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

Rie Kugimiya for Rise makes some degree of sense conceptually but dear god does it get super annoying really fast.

The decision to have Japanese Teddie voiced by a dog whistle, on the other hand, is just plain awful.
I maintain that Kappei Yamaguchi is a decent voice actor when he talks in a normal voice (See: Usopp, Sogeking or Tasuku Shinguji) without needing to go into a high-pitched falsetto.

That said, his Teddie voice is the second worst sounding vocal performance he's ever done. The absolute worst goes to his Rattrap performance.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

alcharagia posted:

Rasputin is the Lovers because that dude was all about the lovin' in Raidou Kuzunoha.
Well, naturally.

He was Russia's Greatest Love Machine after all.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

Someone put together English subtitles for the latest info-heavy Persona Q trailer. It's definitely Etrian Odyssey through and through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-lrvQRx3dA

Turns out there are no canon names for the P3/4 protags, since you get to enter in names for them.
I notice the trailer mentions you can have up to 20 allies to choose from...yet the party selection screen in the trailer only has 18 characters. The early animated trailers did feature Margaret and Elizabeth, so maybe those two are the remaining playable characters despite having other jobs in-game.

Edit: Unless they're counting Rise and Fuuka, despite them being support characters.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Oh god that font. I'd forgotten that font.
At least it's not Comic Sans.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, since Junpei's trailer was posted on the previous page, have (translated) Yukari's trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaPLGgLnyxA

We actually are going to see Featherman henshin sequences.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58z9MHAeUVo
Translated Junpei Ultimax trailer.

Getting the impression that his story mode is going lean more towards comedy, kind of like Kanji's story mode. Also, holy crap ArcSys, did you feed Toriumi ALL of the caffeinated drinks? :stare:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

"Europe" as a game region is an absolute shitshow because it's at least five languages and someone's always left out, including AU/NZ/UK despite being English-speaking, especially now that PAL/NTSC isn't really an issue.
Aren't there also widely differing censorship laws that cause extra headaches? I know Germany has censored things in ways that makes the United States own censoring look tame in comparison.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Someone remind me, who is older between Theo and Elizabeth?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Theo is the youngest and picked on quite a bit by both Liz and Marge. They fed him dog food one time without him knowing.
Ah, okay.

Now I have a feeling that the apron Theo is wearing in Q was picked out by his sisters just to mess with him.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Krad posted:

Give us a Jack Frost operator for a change.
I completely hee-port this-ho.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dehry posted:

Persona Q has a part that lets you live out all your Persona slash fiction.

E: The second dungeon is some sort of matchmaking cafe and at the end your choices determine who you have a scene with. It appears to be repeatable according to one poster.
I am rather curious as to how the Koromaru version (assuming there is one) plays out.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Butt Ghost posted:

Now I bearly understand my sexuality. :(
Well, let me make things worse (better?)...

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

I hope Kanji's voice actor molesting Teddie didn't dock him any popularity points in Japan. :ohdear:
Considering the sheer mountain of roles Tomokazu Seki has done, I think he can afford to lose a few Kanji points.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Walking in here to add to the growing list of "Why the gently caress didn't we get Yakuza Big Boss Junpei?" people.

It's like Rockabilly Pompadour Kanji all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I have no idea why Turnip Fritter forgot Elvis Impersonator Teddie from the DAN scans, but okay.