Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

DeathBySpoon posted:

Persona 4 questions! So I was exploring the September dungeon when I happened across a room where Yosuke and Teddie were just hanging out chatting. Does this just happen randomly? I haven't seen it in any dungeon up to this point. Also, I remember reading that in the next month or so is where the good ending / bad ending decision happens- with minimal spoilers, what do I have to do to not get the bad ending? Is it worth having a second save to see what happens for both, or should I just go for the good one?

Yeah, it's random and very rare, though I see it more in later dungeons. As for the good/bad ending split... be patient and be observant, and remember the primary theme of the game is seeking truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

DeathBySpoon posted:

-When Teddie is having his existential crisis, they go into the TV to look for him. They can't find him, so they just... leave? How? It was a pretty big deal for most of the game that only Teddie could get people out of the TV world.

Stack o' TVs that Teddie summoned the first time he let the gang out. They're there for the rest of the game, I assume he just never magicked them away.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Muntu posted:

How's P3FES' The Answer, story wise? Replaying the game for the nth time and playing with cheats because I really just want to see the story again, and I'm thinking if The Answer is worth it. Never played it, and I do kind of remember reading the epilogue isn't very good at all story wise.

The Answer's story is very front- and end-loaded. There's some stuff between dungeon doors, but as best as I can remember it's not a lot. I personally really like it as it's some really good closure for Aigis, but I had a really tough time getting through it because it's all dungeon. There's no schoolin' to break that up, and it wore on me pretty quickly. If you're using cheats, though, then you should be able to finish the Answer in maybe six or seven hours.

Also, Fuuka's voice actor shapes up big time for The Answer.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Oh, I forgot to mention, once you re-acquire Junpei, never let him out of your party. They readjusted his skillset in The Answer, and as a result he is practically unkillable. On top of that, I swear he has like 4x the crit rate of any other character, and consistently outpaced everyone, including Aigis with 20+ levels over him, in damage because of it.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Snix posted:

I also wouldn't mind another Raidou game. Developed by platinum. I'm not holding my breath for that one either.

:stare:

I just wanted another Raidou game, but developed by Platinum? I... I don't think I could contain myself if that ever happened.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Replace every character with Koromaru, problem solved.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
gently caress Cielo, having a weakness to status effects automatically makes him the worst character ever. Any area where I was mandated to have him in my party I just killed him and left him dead because he was more of a liability than an asset.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I believe DDS was Atlus' first game with voice-acting, and it shows. Scene-to-scene, things come off pretty goofy, but when you take the story as a whole I found it pretty rad.

Then DDS2... well, it kind of becomes the reverse. Scene-to-scene is a little better (along with overall voice acting), but the story as a whole is stupid as hell.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I've always suspected it's some sort of mandatory public service these companies have to engage in in an attempt to corral these crazies in one place.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Snix posted:

As long as he isn't replaced by Marie.

Replace him with Elizabeth, get berated/confused every time you go into the Velvet Room.

"Welcome to the Violet Room.
... Viola?
Voila...?
... Violent."

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Or it actually is an announcement for Persona 5 and Teddie's replacing Igor in the Velvet Room.

I bearly understand these tarot cards at all!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

PunkBoy posted:

I think I recall reading that it takes place a week after Arena. I guess the time between the regular ending and Golden's True Ending was very busy!

In the bonus ending in P4G when Yosuke mentions that "stuff in May" he was really underselling it.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The JP voice acting for P4 is way worse than the English voice acting though! Easiest way to see this is to watch a bit of the P4 anime, they all have really generic voices and Teddy is unBearable

Changing Teddie's verbal "kuma" tick into horrible bear puns is the greatest localization decision ever made.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Jakuzure Nonon posted:

DDS2 is cool (and has a sick soundtrack, just like DDS1) but it definitely fell completely apart at the end.

This this this. DDS1's soundtrack is great, but DDS2's is loving bonkers good.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The other day I discovered there's a manga adaptation of Persona 4 Arena. It's, unsurprisingly, super-faithful to the game's story, but it's done pretty well, and there's some fantastic gems where they re-interpret some scenes, like this from the first chapter:

It's obviously going to follow Yu's plotline, but it's playing out like an actual tournament with brackets, with (the minorest of spoilers)Yosuke versus Chie and Kanji versus Aigis.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The manga also appropriately highlights the greatest thing about Chie.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
It reminds me of Imagine, of all things.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Policenaut posted:

What happened to Belladonna, the Demon Painter, and Nameless?

Elizabeth happened.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Butt Ghost posted:

Take this with a grain of salt, but word on the street is that recent Famitsu scans confirm the existence of Persona 3 for Vita.

I'm going to buy Persona 3 for a fourth time.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

The_Frag_Man posted:

Wasn't Metis Aigis's shadow? I only ever read the LP because The Answer seemed really dumb.

Metis was the manifestation of Aigis's humanity that she "lost" after Minato died at the end of P3.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

laplace posted:

It's not offensively bad in the same way that P4A was. It's not a good movie by really any stretch of the imagination (what is pacing) but it's not horrible. Just definitely not worth paying for.

It really just felt like a bunch of contextless cutscenes stitched together with the dumb in-game calender screen.

P4A was "offensively bad?" This if the first time I've heard such a severe complaint lodged against it; it wasn't without its flaws, but I thought it was good, doubly so for a video game adaptation.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Butt Ghost posted:

PQ's soundtrack is so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIMkhFK1Fzc

edit: this is a remix of the P3 version of the battle theme, btw. I think it comes on the arrangement CD or something.

I was about to come in here and post that very same video. Both the P3 and P4 versions of the battle theme are great, but this particular version is a step above even those.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Gourmet King:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGTRMuznvzU&t=162s

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Instant Grat posted:

I only just now found out about all the voice actors getting replaced for Ultimax and Q. I legit don't know if I even wanna play them anymore if Troy Baker isn't Kanji :(

Matt Mercer did Kanji in the second half of Persona 4 The Animation, and it honestly took me a couple episodes to notice. That's the change you need to worry the least about, I think.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Vargs posted:

Now that I've finished it there is a stupid anime video game shaped hole in my life. Maybe I'll check out the story mode of P4A. It can't be as bad as The Answer, right? Right?

It's longer than it needs to be and it's a super-wordy visual novel format, but they bank on the characters' chemistry carrying you through and at least for me it worked.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

StandardVC10 posted:

Persona 3 question: I'm almost at the end I think so it probably won't do me much good to find out, but I've been seeing this little Maiko kid at the shrine for in-game months now and I still have no idea what "hot, round, soft" food she's looking for.

Takoyaki.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

UberJumper posted:

Wow the Persona Q OST sounds amazing.

Yeah it does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FinOnBkPvA

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Poison Mushroom posted:

Speaking of Persona 3, oh my God, Fuuka's voice actress is terrible.

"Junpei COON defeated an enemy! :downs:"

It's a shame, she's probably the most improved in the Answer, and if you're playing FES or P3P, you'll hear the new voicework in some of the added scenes in the main storyline, and it's super jarring.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Raidou 2 is great because I play like a champion and pump all of my points into Luck and let my critical hits do the talking, then for the first fifth of the game the story tanks your Luck and it's like I was level 1 all over again :downs:

Then you get to manipulate your Luck in the totally opposite direction and all of a sudden I was unstoppable.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Strange Quark posted:

I've emulated both Raidou games on PCSX2 with zero issues, though Nocturne never gave me anything other than being weird with shadows. It seems more to me like the PS3 emulation simply isn't up to snuff.

In PCSX2, the shadows for Nocturne were "fixed" a handful of months ago, basically by disabling the Demi-Fiend's shadow entirely. The rest of the shadows seem to work just fine.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Neurion posted:

:monocle: Oh my god! I can finally enjoy the game the way it was meant to be!

Now you can get curbstomped by Matador in glorious 1080p :unsmigghh:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Doesn't a (totally optional) news report on the TV in P3 make a veiled reference to Detective Katsuya? That's as close as I remember them getting.

EDIT: Welp. http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Who%27s_Who

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Accordion Man posted:

But its true, Persona 4 will never be as beautiful as Duwang.

That's ridiculous, nothing matches up to a Beautiful Duwang.

chew

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Catherine also has some of my favorite voice acting in a video game, including the best "what the gently caress"s ever uttered in all of history, courtesy of Vincent in one of the endings.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I already beat it.

It's too anime.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
in Persona 5 you summon personas by tweeting about anime

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Junpei Hyde posted:

No that's #FE.

No, in #FE you tweet about your favorite ships

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Resonance of Fate is a game that you will burn out on at about half way through, but until then it is fun as gently caress and super stylish in many ways

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The P3 version of the battle theme carried me through PQ. It was just so goddamn good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I feel like they could have put together a sizzle reel from any footage, because the presentation of the entire game is so goddamn slick.