Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

El Negocio posted:

Fallout 2 is the greatest game for giving you the choice to either spend 20+ hours progressing through the game the "right" way, or you could just beeline to San Fran, steal from the shopkeepers and do the Navarro Vertibird quest, netting you 15,000 + XP and the best equipment on the mainland in less than an hour.

Also I recently discovered that despite Sulik being only mediocre with SMGs, he's scary good with the .223 pistol, which is great if you don't want him to run into the middle of Gatling Laser/Bozar firefights.

Aren't there a bunch of enclave patrol random encounters in the way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
So does the first game play it completely straight? I've only played FO2(and the new ones) and the impression I got from reading complaints about FO3 was that the first games were all about jokes and humor.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

drat, so I'm stuck again in Fallout 2. I finished all the sidequests I could find in the Den and went off with Sulik and my new, crappy buddy Vic to Vault City (I'm guessing that's my next destination). The trip there is loving brutal though, almost every random encounter destroys me. The guys who carry Hunting Rifles use them to kill my PC in like 2-3 hits. What am I missing, I have some decent guns (me with a magnum and hunting rifle, Sulik with a sharpened spear - I gave him a SMG but he just kept killing Vic - and Vic with a pistol), I just get hit for 18 damage a few times and then that's it. My armor is a pretty nice leather jacket that I found somewhere.

Hit up Modoc, it's a little closer.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Evil Agita posted:

If anyone is having the color corruption problem try this site.http://blog.macuyiko.com/2009/07/solving-color-problem-red-grass-purple.html

#8 worked for me and is super easy, though its annoying not being able to alt-tab out to check email and stuff.

I did a lot of the stuff in this article a few months ago to get it working on my netbook, but it turned out that it was way easier to download the hi-res pack and change the colors to 32-bit or whatever. Fixed it immediately. Alt-tab works and everything on both of my computers, one is running 7-32 and one is 7-64.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
If you play Fallout 3 first you'll probably think it's a fine RPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Fallout fanatics may get a kick out of Tim Cain's postmortem on the game. It was given at GDC this year and has been posted online here:
http://gdcvault.com/play/1015843/Classic-Game-Postmortem

Some stuff will make you :aaaaa:

• Locked thread