Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I've been working on FO2 the first time and things have gone pretty well. I got into a bar fight with some jerk brothers at the Gecko bar because they kept insulting my tribal heritage.

Knife to the eyes, knocking them over (and I like to think writhing in pain) and allowing me to finish them off. I got some sweet loot. A crowbar being one of them, which I've been using since.

This point is where I really got my first taste of the true fallout 2 experience. I had played and beat FO1 over a year ago, but this game was even harder to get into. I found a melee build (following suggestions from ultimate guide) to make things much easier.

My main criticisms with this game so far is finding items on the ground is hard so things can be missed. Second problem is how finding a gun AND enough ammo to be a nightmare and it's part of the reason I went melee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
:aaaaa: I am but I wasn't aware of that hotkey. While on the subject, are there any other useful hotkeys in these games and their respective mods that I should know about?

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Honestly? Following a walkthrough, especially for early into the game is really advisable. I think once you get on your feet so to speak, you should be able to play without a walkthrough.

I personally feel no shame in using one for these games as they are really unclear and you can easily miss out on a lot of quests.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I'm really considering restarting my playthrough of FO2 (which I haven't beat the game yet) which isn't very far in to do a stupid one.

Reading some of that infamous FO2 LP with Trogg has really made me want to do a stupid run. However I'm wondering if it's a good idea to do that without beating the game first. Also does anyone have some builds they recommend for a stupid playthrough?

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Thanks, another question: Is perception important for a melee build?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

coyo7e posted:

What a shame that Fallout 3 and New Vegas didn't come anywhere close to the previous Fallouts, except in levels of jank..

While New Vegas doesn't have as much awesome dialogue, there is a fact to consider. Which is you're dealing with voice acting and don't have the luxury to record as much dialogue as older fallout games. That being said, there is plenty of memorable dialogue in New Vegas and perhaps you haven't played it enough to notice. They even have a good amount of low INT choices.

Fallout 3 isn't worth defending however, it has almost nothing in terms of memorable dialogue and most of what's memorable is actually really hard to find (like andale).

• Locked thread