Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Endorph posted:

a character from a piece of japanese pop culture has traits consistent with other characters from japanese pop culture!?!?!?!?!?

Leos fighting style is still pretty cool though.

Although nothing next to Miguels drunken swaggerbrawling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He punches dudes really loving hard and that's all I need.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Cody, Miguel, and Shen Woo have taught me that learning real martial arts is a waste of time, you only become REALLY strong by not giving a gently caress.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

http://store.madcatz.com/Ultra-Street-Fighter-IV/

USFIV TE2 sticks are up for preorder now. 199 bucks.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

The fact that I want one as much as I do is upsetting and disturbing to me. My TE works just fine, dammit!

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

The fact that I want one as much as I do is upsetting and disturbing to me. My TE works just fine, dammit!

I bought one of the Xbone one and stripped that poo poo for a PS360+. Best decision ever.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Welp, you got me madcatz.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I really want one for my PS4 but I really don't need one until Xrd.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Godamn I never really looked at the TE2 but that is a nice looking stick. I don't really need a 3rd stick but really want the PS3/4 one...

For fighting games being the most poverty genre it sure is expensive.

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 23, 2014

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

How is this in comparison to Hori Pro V4 stick? It's $50 cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Real-Arcade-Hayabusa-PlayStation-4/dp/B00L6AVN5E/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

TE2 has a hinged top with a compartment for the cable/spare buttons/secret weed, the top plexi comes off very easily for replacing artwork. The HRAP used a Hayabusa stick and Kuro buttons, while the TE2 uses a Sanwa stick and buttons.

The HRAP4 is a good stick of course, if you're cool with the Kuros and Hayabusa.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

TE2 has a hinged top with a compartment for the cable/spare buttons/secret weed, the top plexi comes off very easily for replacing artwork. The HRAP used a Hayabusa stick and Kuro buttons, while the TE2 uses a Sanwa stick and buttons.

The HRAP4 is a good stick of course, if you're cool with the Kuros and Hayabusa.

Dare I ask what's the difference between Hayabusa/Kuro and Sanwa? I know nothing about fighting sticks but was thinking of getting one since I kind of have a bunch of fighting games on PS3 that I like and will have more on PS4 (new DAO5, Tekken, GG, MK X). I really don't care that much about secret stashes or artwork, but would pay more for better feel/buttons/durability/whatever.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oblomov posted:

Dare I ask what's the difference between Hayabusa/Kuro and Sanwa? I know nothing about fighting sticks but was thinking of getting one since I kind of have a bunch of fighting games on PS3 that I like and will have more on PS4 (new DAO5, Tekken, GG, MK X). I really don't care that much about secret stashes or artwork, but would pay more for better feel/buttons/durability/whatever.

The most in-depth review is probably from SRK
http://shoryuken.com/2014/02/24/srklabs-review-hori-hayabusa-and-kuro/

Justin Wong also did a little interview about the fighting edge
http://www.hori.jp/us/press/f_edge_review_j_w/

quote:

Hayabusa Stick Lever
1. What are your thoughts regarding the "Hayabusa" stick lever?

I notice it was different and I have a better grip than most joysticks.

2. Are you able to execute combo smoother and more precisely with the Hayabusa stick lever compared to other stick levers?

While I was testing, I didn't miss any combos but after reading this question, I notice now that my inputs are more precise.

3. What are your thoughts on the new V-Cut Housing design that we have implemented for this stick?

It explains a lot but with this new design people should have an easier time to implement their moves.

4. Is there a significant difference you can feel/see when using the "Hayabusa"stick compared to when using Sanwa

or Seimitsu? If yes, what are the differences?
I do feel a difference and it's that the Hayabusa is not too loose and the clicks are more consistent.

5. What is your overall rating for the "Hayabusa" stick lever? (out of 10)

It's a 10/10 since I have not dropped any combos while playing on it.

Kuro Buttons:
1. What are your thoughts regarding the "Kuro" buttons?

The Kuro Buttons are interesting to me. I feel like they sometimes might get stuck which I am very afraid off.
It might be a mental thing for me since I am not use to it at all.

2. Are you able to feel that the housing has been improved so that the buttons do not move around as much

compared to other buttons?
I can see that but I am still not use to the fact that it sticks sometimes.

3. Are you able to notice that the deterioration rate of the buttons have been cut by 60%?

I can tell when I push the button down and how responsive it is.

4. Is there a significant difference you can feel/see when using the "Kuro" buttons compared to when using

Sanwa or Seimitsu? If yes, what are the differences?
You can definitely feel the difference but as I said before, I am afraid of the buttons being stuck.

5. What is your overall rating for the "Kuro" buttons? (out of 10)

I would give it a 7/10 just because I am still use to Sanwa parts only.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
The Kuro's feel a lot like the buttons from the PS1 Namco stick (which was made by Hori so that makes sense I guess). The Hori is a good stick but it's probably going to fail just because they are using components that are in house and no one really trusts them vs the tried and true Sanwas. What I've been told about the Hayabusa is that it's a J-style stick that was heavily patterned on the Suzo 500 and LS-40 which are very popular in certain circles for their really high precision inputs and tiny throws. It certainly has a much more "sharp" feel if that makes sense. From what I've seen of the internals the production quality is very high and doesn't have the problems with mold lines and poorly formed plastic that the other generic branded Hori sticks have (the DoA one for instance). I think this is because, as a lot of people including me have suspected, they changed production companies away from MD who are the standard cheapass button and stick makers and have either gotten an in house production facility or are using a better company like Jyueeang.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Reminder that Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!!'s US release is today, for both PSN download and disc.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
The Hayabusa is a good stick, the housing is humongous though.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

taser rates posted:

Reminder that Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!!'s US release is today, for both PSN download and disc.

Mines in the mail and I cant wait! I plan to stream myself trying to re-figure things out for the curious. Its a good game and all you goons ignoring it because "oh no animeeeee" are big jerks.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Mines in the mail and I cant wait! I plan to stream myself trying to re-figure things out for the curious. Its a good game and all you goons ignoring it because "oh no animeeeee" are big jerks.

I think a lot of people are interested its just that you only get so much computer time in prison.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I wish they ported Daemon Bride, but knowing Japan, this'll never happen and I might one day go to Japan just to play all these obscure arcade fighters that don't consist of a roster of children and I actually hate children.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I think a lot of people are interested its just that you only get so much computer time in prison.

:drat:

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
Well also Persona 4AU is coming next week. That's going to be significantly more popular.

On fighting sticks I read through so. E previews and it looks like those new Kuro buttons are supposed to be a lot more durable vs before but they may be somewhat tougher to press or may stick. Overall construction seems durable though.

I guess I will wait a bit and see. Is madcatz stick going to show up on Amazon?

BTW, anyone importing Dengeki Bunch? . The game looks pretty great.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

oblomov posted:

Its me. Im the weirdo importing it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Same. Well, doing a gameshare, but close enough. By all accounts it's the very definition of a braindead game, but I don't care, it looks like dumb fun.

I wanna get AH3:LM too, but budget is kicking my rear end this month and AH's neutral is so far beyond me that I'll never get it.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

oblomov posted:

I would so hard if I owned a loving console that could play it.

do keep me posted on the game though, I'm interested. Is my favourite anime top tier? Important questions.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

The only thing you gotta know about Dengeki is "Basketball"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYWp3proxqM

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

S-Alpha posted:

Same. Well, doing a gameshare, but close enough. By all accounts it's the very definition of a braindead game, but I don't care, it looks like dumb fun.

I wanna get AH3:LM too, but budget is kicking my rear end this month and AH's neutral is so far beyond me that I'll never get it.

Neutral isn't that hard, the main thing you want to keep in mind is that in terms of potential threat you're pretty much always at what would be considered mid-range in other games (kind of ironic considering how enormous the stages are). It's definitely weird and different, but you get used to it quickly. If anything, the people I've taught the game to have a lot more problems with understanding how clash works than with neutral.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Gutcruncher posted:

What the heck was that attack? That was pretty hilarious.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

Basketball waifu gonna be top tier solely by virtue of existence

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm probably gonna scrub it the gently caress up with Bunko on Vita with Kirito and Selvaria because gently caress it it's not like I'm gonna seriously play it with people I know, no need to get my stick out.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

That doesn't look like an appropriate outfit to play basketball in! Outside of not constantly dribbling when she has the ball, she looks like an absolutely fabulous character.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
Ok, PS3 version pre-ordered! Decided I want to see the hilarity on a TV screen instead of Vita.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Speakin of Anime Waifus, just got AH3LM in the mail and am gonna do a run through the new story mode as a refresher. Come laugh at me

http://www.twitch.tv/gutcruncher/

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am so bad at Arcana Heart 3.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Beef Waifu posted:

I am so bad at Arcana Heart 3.

Me too! Get it and we can fight!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gutcruncher posted:

Me too! Get it and we can fight!

I have it, Crunchy.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I hope T7 ends up looking good at least. I actually am kinda okay with the new character design since it's not anything like Lars or Alisa.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

uncleKitchener posted:

I hope T7 ends up looking good at least. I actually am kinda okay with the new character design since it's not anything like Lars or Alisa.

Yeah I would def rather have "looks like a DOA character" than "looks like a Dragon Ball Z character." It's Tekken so at least I can put a shirt on her.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Brosnan posted:

Yeah I would def rather have "looks like a DOA character" than "looks like a Dragon Ball Z character." It's Tekken so at least I can put a shirt on her.

DOA 6 is going to be great if next gen only. Team Ninja is working with SKV team on destructive clothing. :ohdear:

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

oblomov posted:

DOA 6 is going to be great if next gen only. Team Ninja is working with SKV team on destructive clothing. :ohdear:

Would you say these two statements are related?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I may have just gotten beat by Duckator in Arcana Heart. If not, his imposter is pretty good

Edit: If you wanna watch maybe-Duckator steamroll some fools
http://www.twitch.tv/gutcruncher

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 25, 2014

• Locked thread