Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Blazblue's story is pretty dumb, but I like its presentation within the game and the joke endings are usually pretty amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
The new blazblue literally has a side story called "Remix Heart Gaiden", where we are introduced to a male protagonist transformed into a female attending the military academy with the main cast.
The problems not getting better, it's getting worse. People liked joke endings too much and now there is a whole sidestory that is just one big awkward joke ending.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Remember that official Street Fighter lore has a canonical reason for Guile being low tier in Street Fighter Alpha 3

Street Fighter's story owns because of how obviously they don't give a gently caress

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The canonical reason for Birdie's skin change between SF1/Alpha is "he had the flu, he got better".

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Big Scary Owl posted:

Weirdest part of Blazblue though is that crazy story. I remember trying to play the story mode in the first Continuum Shift and I had no idea what the gently caress was going on. Does Guilty Gear have a story like that too?

The King of Fighters games are probably the best 2D fighting games with regards to handling the story. Like it has different sagas spanning 2-3 games and then there's the dream matches. It's pretty cool.

Guilty Gear's story within the games themselves stays about as grounded as you can expect a game like that to be.

That said, the expanded stuff with the drama CDs about the original timeline (the GG we know was created entirely by Ino's meddling iirc) where Dizzy awakened to her powers and took over Justice's place as the evil command gear bent on human extinction is pretty wacky poo poo.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I-no works because her personality shines through in game, and the t&a isn't exactly out of place with the rocker chick aesthetic.

The former applies to the rest of GG too, I guess. Nothing about Slayer's moveset makes me as salty as him having the time of his life casually blowing my face in.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jul 6, 2015

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I thought people liked blaze blue because they got an arc sys fighter and their anime story on the same disk. Fan serivcey stuff while it may be cringey to you, is like exactly like most games in japan, my advice is to ignore it.

It's hard to make stories in fighters relevant to people casual enough to care because your working with 30 years of characters in some franchises.
It's kinda hard to make a riveting tale within 8 matches.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
inos cool

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
one time i playd ppl in blazblue ct in the aracde and they refused to play me anymore and i overheard them taking and they said tager was cheap and that they were just gonna wait to play the story mode when it came out on console lol

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I-no is the poo poo.
Then again I find myself having a hard time not liking a guilty gear character. (design wise)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SectumSempra posted:

I-no is the poo poo.
Then again I find myself having a hard time not liking a guilty gear character. (design wise)

ramlethal is stupid but the other chars are ok imo also all the gg2 chars are terrible

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Does blazblue have any Zato tier rear end?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

ramlethal is stupid but the other chars are ok imo also all the gg2 chars are terrible

I'd say elphelt is stupider all round, but at least ok.

i constantly forget gg2 exists.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

Wait, you're isolating Ramlethal, not Elphelt?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

Wait, you're isolating Ramlethal, not Elphelt?

trigger warning please

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

SectumSempra posted:

I-no is the poo poo.

Jam turdberry

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

The Gorp posted:

Jam turdberry

I actually think she's alright.

Unfortunately if I had to go by most forgettable, it'd be anji.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

The Gorp posted:

Jam turdberry

whoah look at this tough guy!

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Elphelt did nothing wrong

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

weird bleep posted:

For the good strong fighting game players who appreciate Tekken rather than falling asleep when they see it, Tekken Crash is back with English commentary. http://www.twitch.tv/tekkencrash_en/

I don't care what anyone else thinks, Tekken 7 looks entirely awesome.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Does anyone have strong positive opinions about any of the new Tekken character designs? I've heard lots of bitching about Lucky Chloe and/or the cultural accuracy of Josie Risal and Sexiest Arab Alive but beyond that, noone seems overly fussed about any of them, not even octo-Yoshimitsu.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Yatagarasu comes out tomorrow and even tho the game is bad and dumb I play it anyway. Someone play me so I can do this combo on you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlw0tpkQTik

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Street Fighter has some of the less inspired designs of all fighting games and I never minded it. Somehow though Yatagarasu beats it pretty drat hard on having even less inspired designs to the point it's distracting. Like, look at that hulking gray dude. He's entirely one color. Compare to Gief or Hugo.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I backed Yatagarasu so I guess I'm gonna have to try it out, but the campaign was two years ago and I just don't care about it at all anymore.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Spuckuk posted:

I don't care what anyone else thinks, Tekken 7 looks entirely awesome.

I don't even like Tekken and I agree.
I'm instabuying it if they bring back Doctor B.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Fighting game characters look like they do because the only force on this earth strong enough to make a man stare at the same set of cartoon tittys for 13000 hours is Boner. Boner is what fuels a fighting game's development. Boner is what determines the game's audience. Boner is the deity that gains power from your manipulation of the stick, a tool of worship for Boner and Boner only. Gather round and hear the sweet song of Boner, spread it to faraway lands. Trust in Boner; Insert Coin.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
best fg story will forever be soul calibur

it also has voldo and yoshimitsu, which are p. much the best fg character designs imo

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

weird bleep posted:

For the good strong fighting game players who appreciate Tekken rather than falling asleep when they see it, Tekken Crash is back with English commentary. http://www.twitch.tv/tekkencrash_en/

wow so thats where laugh went

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Makoto's hot, idgaf that she has a squirrel tail

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Yatagarasu comes out tomorrow and even tho the game is bad and dumb I play it anyway. Someone play me so I can do this combo on you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlw0tpkQTik

lol this game looks like rear end

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Beef Chief posted:

it's basically 3s, and i will definitely play it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Synonamess Botch posted:

it's basically 3s, and i will definitely play it.

Beef Chief posted:

I think he also agrees.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

3s didn't look like rear end. C'mon, man.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Saoshyant posted:

3s didn't look like rear end. C'mon, man.

Don't be so literal, man.

Also, Yatagarasu improved on the titty ninja front, so shoutouts to them.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ibuki was classy titty ninja though, this is just gratuitous

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

The Gorp posted:

The new blazblue literally has a side story called "Remix Heart Gaiden", where we are introduced to a male protagonist transformed into a female attending the military academy with the main cast.
The problems not getting better, it's getting worse. People liked joke endings too much and now there is a whole sidestory that is just one big awkward joke ending.

maybe anime isnt for you.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Remix Heart is not new, it was a loving manga series that finally got adapted into the games because Mori's head is severely up his own rear end

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I didn't really like the few times I played Yata but I'll still buy it because of reasons.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Beef Chief posted:

Remix Heart is not new, it was a loving manga series that finally got adapted into the games because Mori's head is severely up his own rear end

Nah, Remix Heart isn't the sign that his head is up his rear end.

That's his canonizing of Alpha that did that.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Dias posted:

Also, Yatagarasu improved on the titty ninja front, so shoutouts to them.
Improved as in more titty ninjas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I too will not tolerate criminals.

• Locked thread