Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

interrodactyl posted:

The best French bread game is Ragnar OK battle offlube

that game is good. I wish it took less grinding to get to the good skills for some classes though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
Male Acolyte is the best character

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any important changes in the Darkstalkers Resurrection version if I'm looking to pick up vsav?

Pomp fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 8, 2015

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Pomp posted:

Are there any important changes in the Darkstalkers Resurrection version is I'm looking to pick up vsav?

Not really. You just gotta set the borders and "HD" stuff off in the options. Mizumi wiki has more info, which I'd post if I weren't on a phone.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

does the HD stuff mess with the framedata or something?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NuclearPotato posted:

Not really. You just gotta set the borders and "HD" stuff off in the options. Mizumi wiki has more info, which I'd post if I weren't on a phone.

found it

Mintergalactic posted:

does the HD stuff mess with the framedata or something?

at the very least it looks ugly as gently caress, and that's the greatest sin

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
Finally got an Xbone, is there people that still play KI? A decent community?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

There were a handful of people talking about Blade Arcus in the Dengeki stream chat last night, but it looks like the game won't be shipping with netplay.

Sorry Gutcruncher. :smith:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Sometimes I wonder if life is even worth living

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Interstellar Owl posted:

Finally got an Xbone, is there people that still play KI? A decent community?

I'd be down to play sometime. My gamertag is Agoat944. I don't know that much about KI but I play SFIV and MKX.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I was struggling the first couple days in Dengeki Bunko with Shizuo, but then picked up Rentarō and started having a lot more fun. Learning to use EX moves as OTGs is helping a lot as well.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I actually play a lot of KI. My xbox tag is ManSeriesSA.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Ill play KI once it drops on PC.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

iastudent posted:

I was struggling the first couple days in Dengeki Bunko with Shizuo, but then picked up Rentarō and started having a lot more fun. Learning to use EX moves as OTGs is helping a lot as well.

Well, that is like going from a minivan to a ferrari. I started with Shizuo originally too, but he has problems, along with Miyuki. Rentaro though generally sits right below the unchallenged gods that are Kirino and Shana.

Mind you, I don't know what if anything changed for Ignition so going into that will be an experience.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Big Scary Owl posted:

Anyone know a good guide to Tekken for beginners so I can learn the basics a bit? Thanks!

I don't know any good ones personally but this seems alright. A more basic review with some tag 2 stuff is here too.

There's a lot to learn in tekken. It can get kinda overwhelming really fast. Learning your Top 10 moves for a char is a good place to start when staring at the 100+ move list. You can find lists of your most useful moves and practical combos in the char specific Tekken Zaibatsu forums. Once you get those down you can start really drilling in movement or exploring your characters situational options and punishes more. The section on wakeup is really important; even if you don't understand the face up head away stuff, knowing more than 1 way to wakeup will keep you from losing a lot of games by backrolling into a wall and getting murdered for it.

Anyway hoped that helps! Tekken is good and i cant wait for 7.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Those are good places to start (avoidingthepuddle, the second link, also has a shitload of tutorial videos to dive deeper into the concepts).

I also wrote a bunch of "how to start out" stuff in the Tekken Tag 2 thread OP, which sadly is now archived: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3492311

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

So I'm enjoying Injustice a quite a bit. Are there any other fighting games on the 360 that have decent single player and are good for casual offline vs? If they are good for learning to better at fighting games in general, even better.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

il_cornuto posted:

So I'm enjoying Injustice a quite a bit. Are there any other fighting games on the 360 that have decent single player and are good for casual offline vs? If they are good for learning to better at fighting games in general, even better.

Mortal Kombat?

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
Soul calibur 2 HD.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Persona 4 Ultimax

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

God's Gift

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Praise be

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Xrd has, imo, one of the best 2d fighter tutorials out there, and it has a lot of fun and productive single player stuff as well like MOM mode if you care about that, challenge mode for combo practice, mission mode for advanced fundamentals and matchup advice

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

il_cornuto posted:

basically any fg is good for casual offline vs. I don't know what constitutes a decent single player experience (because for fighting games this is not a thing) but soul calibur 5 is really good for beginners and very fun as a casual game. check out the xbox live arcade and get HDR for casual play, its got 1 button throws, fast walkspeeds, and quick rounds that all make for a good casual game.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mintergalactic posted:

God's Gift +R

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Death cargo

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Seconding Soulcal 5, that game has quite a bit of single-player stuff and is a blast as a party game.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
You need to spend money in SCV to get the only good character.
It's not a real fighter until you get the bottom tier wiff punisher. :colbert:

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm not sure if Mortal Kombat will feel like more of the same after injustice and guilty gear doesn't seem to be available on 360? Shame because the tutorials sound great. SC2 is the only real fighting game I've enjoyed before though, and I loved Persona 4, so I'll probably check out SC5 and P4AU.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P4AU is same developers as Guilty Gear, and it also has a pretty solid tutorial and isn't as technically difficult as Xrd. Enjoy.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I'm trying to get into KoF XIII again but am really bad at it.

If anybody wants to beat up on someone terrible to feel better about themselves and maybe give a few pointers, add me on Steam and if you already have me on steam, hit me up for a match or ten if you see me online.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

P4AU is same developers as Guilty Gear, and it also has a pretty solid tutorial and isn't as technically difficult as Xrd. Enjoy.

Team Blue works on the persona games, those are the blazblue guys

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

In Training posted:

It also actually made an attempt at having decent single-player content. It's not a great amount but it at least exists. Ultimax is probably one of the better entry-level anime fighters around, even though I don't actually like the game that much I'd still probably recommend it for that purpose.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Hobojim posted:

I'm trying to get into KoF XIII again but am really bad at it.

If anybody wants to beat up on someone terrible to feel better about themselves and maybe give a few pointers, add me on Steam and if you already have me on steam, hit me up for a match or ten if you see me online.

Sent you a friend request. I am also bad. Let's be bad together!

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Kantesu posted:

Sent you a friend request. I am also bad. Let's be bad together!

same

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Anyone up for some Dengeki Bunko tonight?

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...

iastudent posted:

Anyone up for some Dengeki Bunko tonight?

Ah, sorry, didn't see this until now. You going to be around tomorrow?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
DOA5LR for steam is currently half price at humble bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/deadoralive5_lastround_storefront

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Neo Helbeast posted:

DOA5LR for steam is currently half price at humble bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/deadoralive5_lastround_storefront

does this game have netplay yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Zand posted:

does this game have netplay yet?

Officially in last patch

• Locked thread