Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Why is it taking so long for Tekken 7 to come to the United States? Hasn't the arcade version been out for like two years?

The Mishima Zaibatsu wasn't built in a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Take red dude out and put Craig back in you fucks.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
maybe we'll get lucky and they'll add a totally different capo

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Brosnan posted:

Take red dude out and put Craig back in you fucks.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Gonna cut into the Tekken talk here with some anime. I posted some Ignis stuff I messed around with over in the Nitroplus thread on Dustloop. It was mostly testing a couple combo patterns using Kaigen assist and optimizing damage for equal meter expense situations. Here's the post: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/9897-nitroplus-blasterz-heroines-infinite-duel/&do=findComment&comment=949185

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Ready for SFV!

Got my Brook Universal Fighting Board and spent my night installing. Had to muck about terrible Microsoft Xbone drivers to let me be able to update the board's FW, but all good now.

http://imgur.com/a/TJaiK

Wired up the turbo button to act as touchpad button and both control mode and lock switches on the panel are operational as well.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Ready for SFV!

Got my Brook Universal Fighting Board and spent my night installing. Had to muck about terrible Microsoft Xbone drivers to let me be able to update the board's FW, but all good now.

Wired up the turbo button to act as touchpad button and both control mode and lock switches on the panel are operational as well.

That's cool, but the real question is what stickers did you get?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Sarchasm posted:

That's cool, but the real question is what stickers did you get?

Stickers?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I got a bunch of chibi Darkstalkers stickers with mine. I assume they were just leftovers that the Arcade Shock guys had on hand and I wanted to see what random poo poo other people got.

I also got this terrifying one of Nekoruru from Samurai Shodown.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i have a ps4/ps3 TE2, but it doesn't have a touchpad button. does anyone know if they put an unused touchpad button connection on the board that i could reroute to the the share button or something?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Ready for SFV!

Mind posting a review of the Brooks Universal board? I've been thinking about getting one because Eightarc is still trodding the "We're waiting to make an announcement" as far as PS4 sticks go, and at this point if it's possible to drop a new board in my Q4, I'd be happy with that. The Brooks Universal sounded too good to be true from the first announcements, so I was a little skeptical and figured I'd wait until they were in the wild.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Coca Koala posted:

Mind posting a review of the Brooks Universal board? I've been thinking about getting one because Eightarc is still trodding the "We're waiting to make an announcement" as far as PS4 sticks go, and at this point if it's possible to drop a new board in my Q4, I'd be happy with that. The Brooks Universal sounded too good to be true from the first announcements, so I was a little skeptical and figured I'd wait until they were in the wild.

Yeah, people have been focusing on the "it works with everything!!!!" part without posting possible input lag figures. Need numbers.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Gonna cut into the Tekken talk here with some anime.

Seriously can someone fuckin' ban this guy

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Sarchasm posted:

I got a bunch of chibi Darkstalkers stickers with mine. I assume they were just leftovers that the Arcade Shock guys had on hand and I wanted to see what random poo poo other people got.

I also got this terrifying one of Nekoruru from Samurai Shodown.

Oh, I got mine from Paradise Arcade Shop. Their "bonus" was wiring up a pin header to the TP/R3/L3/GND points that I then I had to remove because I honestly didn't want that and made extra work for me to remove.

Coca Koala posted:

AnonSpore posted:

Yeah, people have been focusing on the "it works with everything!!!!" part without posting possible input lag figures. Need numbers.

My review is going to be just as simple and more or less the same. I got it based on these posts though they are from people involved with pre-production and may not be as independent to some. I just looked at other Brook product videos and their input lag on them seemed to be on par or better. I just figured the UFB will be as good and made a gamble honestly. I leave frame count measurements to the experts, I'm just a scrub. Anecdotally, I'm able to hit bread and butter combos I remember for Ryu in USF4. So take that as you will. I know barely anything with regards to frame links and such. The board just let me use my old stick for 80 bucks rather then spend another 200.

Overall it does work my PS3/4 and PC through 360 and Xbone mode though the FW update requires the Xbone driver to be installed and it was a pain because the driver that was on my machine apparently wasn't the right one and had to uninstall it and reinstall the proper driver. After that I was able to update the Brook's FW.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Ready for SFV!

Did you have to do anything special to get the joystick working, or just plug in a regular USB B->A cable? I have very little idea what I'm doing when it comes to circuitboards.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

burger time posted:

Did you have to do anything special to get the joystick working, or just plug in a regular USB B->A cable? I have very little idea what I'm doing when it comes to circuitboards.

I soldered it to the nearby points next to the USB B connector as I already had a cut cable there from my previous mod. You can just plug in a USB B cable if you don't want to solder and it's fine.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

They make your stick go faster.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Yinlock posted:

Well I could always mash faster I suppose...

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Yinlock posted:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
nice stick zand

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dang, that's old school, Zand.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad Goku found his way onto it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the ring of rhinestones makes it badass

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
bratz is 100% style

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
where can i order one

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Why do concave buttons even exist

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

inthesto posted:

Woh it like, totally fits the shape of your fingers, dude!

*fingertips proceed to bleed*

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

inthesto posted:

with happ pushbuttons you can easily rest your fingers in there. they still suck

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Universal Board already sold out. :(

I was gonna go for it but I might just drop the extra $20 and let the dude at a SFV launch event mod my Q4 for me since I've never modded one before anyway. Though only getting PS4 compatibility. Decisions decisions.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I don't know about you guys but I just can't trust a product that carries the name Brook(s).

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Chaotic Flame posted:

Universal Board already sold out. :(

I was gonna go for it but I might just drop the extra $20 and let the dude at a SFV launch event mod my Q4 for me since I've never modded one before anyway. Though only getting PS4 compatibility. Decisions decisions.

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/home/1658-brook-universal-fighting-board-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-xbox-one-pc-.html

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I just had a Brook PS4/PS3/PC PCB installed in my Qanba Eightarc and while it works fine, it will flat out not work if I plug it into my PC's front USB ports.

Anyone know what's up with that?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Night Blade posted:

I just had a Brook PS4/PS3/PC PCB installed in my Qanba Eightarc and while it works fine, it will flat out not work if I plug it into my PC's front USB ports.

Anyone know what's up with that?

I had similar trouble with the Universal board. Is the PS3/4 board supposed to appear as a Xbone controller in Windows? If so, you might need to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

http://support.xbox.com/ms-MY/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Buhbuhj posted:

I don't know about you guys but I just can't trust a product that carries the name Brook(s).

>:[

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Brosnan posted:

Seriously can someone fuckin' ban this guy

The inconvenient truth is that interrupting Tekken with Anime Chat is really just interrupting anime with more anime. Let us rub animes together, friend.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

The inconvenient truth is that interrupting Tekken with Anime Chat is really just interrupting anime with more anime. Let us rub animes together, friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo-uRb_O-Ak

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Less Chloe, more Kuma please.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Keep your airdashes to yourself, thank you very loving much.

Devil Jin notwithstanding.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I had similar trouble with the Universal board. Is the PS3/4 board supposed to appear as a Xbone controller in Windows? If so, you might need to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

http://support.xbox.com/ms-MY/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

Thanks, but the weird thing is; it WILL work when plugged in directly to the motherboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Brosnan posted:

Keep your airdashes to yourself, thank you very loving much.

Devil Jin notwithstanding.

Jinpachi. That makes it multiple airdashers just FYI. Several

• Locked thread