Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Satorr posted:

Anyone have personal experience with Qanba Q4RAF sticks?

Might need a new PC/360 stick soon and I figured I may as well get one that is dual-modded so I can use it on my PS3 as well, even though I already have two PS3 sticks.

I'm suspicious of the price. How can it be so close to a Madcatz stick price but be ready for any platform out of the box, and with Sanwa parts? Are Madcatz prices just inflated?

I'll take any other pre-fab'd dual mod recommendations, too. I don't want to be doing the modding myself.

These are the standard in my scene and we all love them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
How long until they announce ABA? Soon, I should hope.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Xrd screenshots from the loketest:

http://www.radiokaikan.jp/press/?p=17669

Bunch of first impressions coming in now. Some stuff from Elven Shadow starting here: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...l=1#post1527583

Sounds like it's pretty similar to the old GGs, similar speed and all that. RCs can be used to cancel anything it seems, so you can use them like you used to use FRCs.

Edit: The server is making GBS threads itself hard so you may have to reload a few times to get it to show up correctly.

Edit2: Here's a better link for the screenshots: http://bbs2.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/do/ruliweb/default/ps/93/read?bbsId=G003&itemId=1&articleId=1164029

This can't come out fast enough.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

ether posted:

Did some digging to find where I got it last time and refound the thread ;-)

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/152176/mlg-fightstick-button-layout-markman-pls-read-if-u-see-this

My brain hadn't stored the fact that MarkMan himself replied in said thread though, that's official enough for me =)

Pretty sure that this is referring to which button is assigned to be A/B/X/Y/etc rather than the formation of the buttons though.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Divekick was a funny concept and also a funny youtube video. I think few people will argue that.

Mr. Fun fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 22, 2013

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Doesn't the term moba already mean 'exactly the same as league of legends'?

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Thwack! posted:

You could say that every single game ever made are RPGs.

Every game has been a pokemon ripoff since 1994 or whatever.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

HMS Boromir posted:

Man, I bear no ill will towards Marvel players, I'm sure it's a fun and deep game, but damned if MvC3 isn't the ugliest thing to watch in action. I don't think there's a fighting game I wouldn't take over it as a spectator. Maybe SFxT and Injustice.

I find Marvel is fun to watch if the commentators are good and really into the matches. It is an absolute chore to watch otherwise.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

dhamster posted:

What do people usually bind the 7th and 8th buttons to on a TE? FA/Taunt? PPP/KKK?

The only use I've ever found for them was more buttons to mash when you're making annoying noises.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
To me it seems like the problem might be that SF4 and Marvel just aren't very good games.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Wow, that is... I mean, there's anime and then there's anime.

Yeah, looks great doesn't it?

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Countblanc posted:

My best FG event memory was going to Michigan Masters a few years back to play SF4 with my friends but just finding a guy to play AH3 sets with for four hours

This past weekend I was at a tournament where a guy managed to organize a 19 man AH3 side tournament.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Presented without comment

Looks like videogames are art after all.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

dj_de posted:

So after finding out the US version isn't coming out until the end of March, I'm probably just gonna import BBCP. Are there any other good places to check besides Play-Asia (66 free shipping) or Amiami (60+shipping)?

If you don't need the disk, send me a PM and we can work out a gameshare on the downloaded version.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

dj_de posted:

I don't have PM, are you on any of the fight game IRCs? I don't think you can share with more than 1 other person anymore either.

I'm not, but you can send me an e-mail on gmail at acton.sean.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

kaujot posted:

Can someone please explain why KI is going to be lovely game other than because it looks like garbage (something I don't necessarily agree with) and the f2p model (which can be avoided)?

I think it looks extraordinarily dull.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Been playing Aquapazza and having a good time. Having a lot of trouble figuring out the utility of various assists and what I need though. I'm just using Ma-Ryan always because fireworks are cool.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Broken Loose posted:

Found it!

This is possibly the douchiest thing I've ever seen from the FGC.

I hate that man.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

ChibiSoma posted:

The BlazBlue community might be the most insufferable cunts I've ever seen in any game's community. Not met a single pleasant person. This what happens when you play a niche game? Everyone's a giant, smug, poo poo-eating rear end in a top hat?

The online's completely hosed. Why yes, game. When I search for someone 'around my skill level,' that secretly means 'match me with someone 50 levels above me so I can get stomped in 10 seconds.' That's a great unlisted feature!

Are they "insufferable" and "assholes" because they are beating you at the game, by any chance?

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Waterbed posted:

I hope it's violent ken so 1/4th of the game remains shotos.

Even More Evil Ryu

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I'd also be down for going in on half, I can probably start a share if no one else does it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

dj_de posted:

Do it do it. You should still have my email from when we did BBCP.

Oh that was you? Totally forgot. That's perfect then. I'll send you an e-mail soon as I organize it.

Edit: My e-mail got bounced because it says your address isn't valid anymore. Reach me at acton.sean at gmail.

Mr. Fun fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 27, 2014

• Locked thread