Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does ssf4 ae run at 720p or 1080p max on the ps3?

Also, does anyone have a link to the actual test results for latency on the evo monitor? I've heard 8.3ms average at 1080p, but need to know the 720p latency (testing other monitors)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The kitty is barely harder (you are just plugging in cables here, and some very minor stripping for the usb cable), and you get multi console capability, on the fly button remapping, and that goofy thing where the turbo area lights up on corresponding button presses and directional movements. The teasy strike is better if you are going to hook up an led mod to it though.

I dont trust spring loaded pins over an actual cabled connection.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Buhbuhj posted:

Those are good vids, here's another game I want to play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ0c3S_W8PI

Of all the games for capcom to lift moves from...

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
congrats your a srk poster with a 2009 regdate

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ImperialGuard posted:

Speaking of SRK, why do the guys in what is basically their stick subforum :spergin: out when they see 8-button layouts?

Rokstar, I'm with you on trying that. American parts don't fit in a TE without extreme modification. I already have a bat-top for my TE's JLF, clearly this could be done easily.

You could just buy a replacement top plate from that one guy with the holes cut for a happ/il competition stick.

That's not that extreme

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Heres some stick pics from recent trade show

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think I went through the entire lineup of seimitsu sticks until i just said gently caress it and went with a regular jlf

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
im a bad player btw

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ImperialGuard posted:

I think I've seen those, but the thing is, American joysticks do not have clearance to fit in a TE unless you basically cut the shaft in half and move stuff around as needed. That's what I was talking about with "extreme modification."

Dandy J fit one with just some small spacers on the bottom plate. This was before they made that new top plate so there might be enough clearance now w/o those. I'm asking right now!

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Sep 21, 2011

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
p360 is optical, and also poo poo unless you get a 10 year old wico one. AIAB stopped selling them because they all broke.

Toodles was working on a sanwa flash clone (old optical pcb for jlf) I dont know if thats for sale yet however. He WAS selling near EVO time but I havent seen the thread in a while.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

50 Cent Bulletproof posted:

I was under the impression that they had taken his stuff after he'd already been home, not at the border. Makes a little more sense. Did he not let them search his stuff?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-world_hypothesis

edit poo poo the kotaku comments are fuckin rife wit dis

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

40 OZ posted:

Get sanwa or semeitsu, you have a bit (a lot) of reading to do, especially on how to do the lighting. You will probably end up with semeitsu, because they have more color choices (although sanwa is expanding). Get the stuff from lizardlick.com if you are in the USA.

Start here:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?forums/tech-talk.6/

and http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick.html

seimitsu isnt easily mounted in that stick, the sanwa is (maybe ls 56 if you gotta do seimitsu)

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The cheapest controller with a decent dpad would be a dual shock controller with an adapter xbox 360 (I'm assuming you want it for your xbox?).

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There also should be a list of modders in SRK tech talk if you're still uncomfortable, but a teasy strike or a te kitty are pretty easy to install. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/official-kitty-class-boards-thread.129829/

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Nerokerubina posted:

Play puzzle strike. It's a good game.

Is there a strategy guide for characters in puzzle strike and a suggested puzzle pieces setup (or are the puzzle pieces random in competition). We tried playing again last night and it was immediately apparent arg is very good with the default puzzle set as he could just buy all the Really Annoying and wipe out the other 3 people.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I thought noone considered sentinel health to actually be a/"the" problem?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Translucent plastic is never ugly!!

VVV 8 button layout w/ blast city is garbage btw VVV

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 26, 2011

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Im sure its the same art area with a different bezel

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You can probably resecure another set of nuts in those same areas with loctite - you probably would have to take it apart and come in from the bottom.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Broken Loose posted:

My team in Skullgirls is going to be Big Band/Panzerfaust/TJ Maximum

hmm yase chainsaw motorcycle dinosaur unicorn monkey cheese lol!!! please send the skullgirl devs my goon regards (goongards!!!)!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The mvc2 had a different (better) button layout. The oldest ones had pcb problems, I haven't heard about anything other than that.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Klaus Kinski posted:

How hard is it to swap the stick on a wwe brawl stick? The default one doesn't register diagonal up unless I really grind it into the gate and I have a bag of sanwa buttons + stick laying around.

Just need a screwdriver.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
madcatz brawl stick is probably the best choice for low end sticks, followed by the hori fighting stick v3/vx. All the stuff in the brawl stick is easily replaceable, and at least the joystick is easily replaceable on the hori product (mounting holes for a jlf).

Dont get the tvc stick unless you really want a wii stick

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 3, 2011

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

I just saw one dirt cheap and bought it, am I screwed?
Is there something wrong with the tvc stick + converter aside from low quality (but replaceable) buttons and joystick? Are there any latency issues or something? :ohdear:

I dont know of any actual latency tests for any of the wii -> usb converters, and since the brawl stick is identical parts wise and you aren't actually planning on playing a wii game with it, it makes more sense to just get the native stick.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There is a button config like every other fighting game but that's it. What is the difficulty you are having?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Dizz posted:

Is there one that allows me to use a 360 TE on a PS3? I can't trust myself with curring wires and using soldering irons. Someone might die :(

No. The TE Kitty is easy to install, no soldering required (you strip a few wires on the usb cable, but thats it). There is also the teasy strike

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That shirt is honestly better than 99% of fgc related clothing.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How does the girl with the giant pair of arms on her head weigh less than filia

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
but they include the giant painwheel for painwheel's weight!

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

uncleKitchener posted:

The VF5FS season 4 was streamed a few days ago.

Looks like they're really going all out with the customization system in this one, like Tekken 6 levels of ridiculous.

I thought they already surpassed tekken 6 with the custom intros

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Groghammer posted:

How long does it take to get used to a fightstick? I'm considering getting one (because pretty much all I play these days are fighting games), but my execution is already pretty drat iffy and I don't know how long it'll take to get up to par with them.

Also, there's the issue that I only have a PS3, most tournaments use Xbox, and the only options for dual-mods are that Eightarc stick that's perpetually sold out, fiddling with the circuitry on a MadCatz, or making my own.

the TE kitty is very easy to install in a 360 TE, but you could always grab a ps2 controller and xtokki adapter if you are used to the ps3 controller and just wanted to stick to that.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

AXE COP posted:

How quick would you transition from a keyboard? :sweatdrop:

You can play fighting games on xbox/ps3 with a keyboard, with the right adapter. I know i've seen at least one pic of a guy with a little happy hacking keyboard do it

edit: heres a terrible video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qDVvNEemw

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 24, 2011

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

MrJacobs posted:

You can say this about any video game/toy.

speaking of Mario cart, is there any kind "scene" for racing videogames?

There definitely is for the realistic/semi realistic ones like iRacing or gran turismo

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Bebopaloobop posted:

Reminder that DSP doesn't have a job (or the last I heard he didn't) and gets disability and lives off his lovely youtube channels that he basically has an obligation to update.

I think by the time you get signed on with a youtube network like machinima you get to call it a job. A dumb lovely youtube based job, but its still an entertainment job.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Who is the guy who wore the white SWAG shirt in sega font at NEC that keeps making references to thanking his based god and holding the phone up to mic and doin the hand thing. I've never seen him play ever, or contribute anything interesting to the commentary.

Why does he exist.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wish he would stop being in the community for a very long time.

edit Yes I am aware of loving little b. jaha was funny the first time I saw him but thats it!

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 6, 2011

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Im 50 seconds in when does the funny start

is it the part where he talks about a child sticking his dick in things or

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 6, 2011

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My local lan cafe tried doing Brawl tournaments but they never bought anything ever, just got dropped off and picked up by their moms or friends, went to the back and didnt even purchase a fuckin soda.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

dat fukkin dog!! posted:

Ha ha, yeah they sure are dude.

welp only half

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Fauxtool posted:

This came in today.
I cant help but be impressed by qanba's packaging

The one for empire arcadia is almost embarrassing though.

• Locked thread