Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
It is kinda lazy, no way are you going to do a standing 720 if you need to buffer that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

ArcticZombie posted:

Tricks like that are pretty much standard in KoF (and useful in all other fighters), how else are you going to cancel a jab into HCBx2?
Well, if thats all you ever do, much like every other skill, you will get worse at making GBS threads it out quickly if you need it.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

El Estrago Bonito posted:

If you're gonna pad, do it right and get a saturn pad and run that poo poo through a converter. I guess you could use a 6 button Genesis pad as well, but that requires two converters, while the Saturn PS2 pad is only one.

Its basically PS2 Saturn Pad > Madcatz/Nubytech > Everything else

Saturn pads are a limited resource, we've long gone reached peak saturn pad.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Groghammer posted:

I'm looking for a cheap, decent quality PS3 fightstick and so far found this sketchy $40 one and the Hori Fighting Stick V3. Are either of these good ideas? Are there alternatives?

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Arc...howViewpoints=1
The ps2 version has lots of reviews. Mayflash is a cool Chinese company imo they're the ones that made Magic Box controller converters.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

nickmeister posted:

Okay, I've been trying to use GGPO, but when I log in, I'm the only one in the room, and I lose my connection in about ten seconds after logging in. I've googled the problem, and found about two threads that are basically:

"Hey, I'm having this problem."

"Oh, really? Never happened to me before. Sucks for you."

"Oh, yeah, try this."

"I tried that, didn't work."

"How 'bout this?"

"No."

"Did you try THIS?"

"Yeah, still doesn't work."

"How about--"

And so forth. I opened the proper ports, etc. Anyone know what to do?

I had a real lovely router that didn't handle port forwarding properly. see if you can do it as a straight connection and change the ports through the modem.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

South Town guy posted:

It would be kinda funny if the hoveing meant he was invulnerable to foot sweeps.

Day one purchase for Ivan Ooze.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

just a butt posted:

My local FGC has been saying good things about the Mayflash PS3/360/PC/PS2 adapter. It's supposedly lagless, but that may just be a placebo effect (same with people claiming it does introduce lag)

It's important to note that microsoft isn't implementing directinput (the thing thats used by nearly every joystick and adapter ever made) in windows 8. They're only going to be supporting xinput, I imagine so they can charge more companies loyaltys for needing to use their software.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
No, anything that's going to work with windows 8 needs to use xinput, which is microsofts special xbox controller driver. Companies that make converters, controllers for windows 8 will have to pay microsoft to use xinput for their products.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
Looks alot like sfxtekken and sf4 graphically.

Hopefully they just arent sticking it into the same engine.

EA Sports fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 12, 2012

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Question Mark Mound posted:

And it's also possible for some women to have a strong jawline:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Chyna.jpg

That's not comparable since she's known to roid up.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Mega Comrade posted:

I wasn't aware steroids had an effect on your skeletal structure.

Oh yes, HGH especially is known to cause manlier looking faces with larger hands.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
Oh yea I remember that. I got it to stop doing that by playing it in that beta scaler dx 9 mode in fullscreen. It still played wonky in window with those settings.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
You got SNK in my tekken.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
I just bought Kofxiii from steam and was wondering if anyone else is getting a huge input delay (even offline)? I remember playing it on my friends ps3 and there wasnt any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

a cop posted:

The dota international prize pool is over 10 loving million lol

Meh thats just valve economic trickery. Anyone who can take advantage of the systems they have in place can do the same thing.

• Locked thread