Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

One thing I think MvC3 got right was the VA - there's a lot of it, including lots of situation-specific stuff, and it's all pretty good.

The fact that pretty much everyone is voiced by their original voice actors (if they have appeared elsewhere with voices) is really cool.

Can't wait to hear Daniel Southworth as Vergil again after all these years, he's so dreamy :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Gamest Mook posted:

lol

Goddamnit why do you have to do this. Why do you have to link this so I end up reading and why... w-why... gently caress... :negative:

*fake edit* goddamn that article is passive-aggressive as gently caress

*real edit*

Some dumb in the comments posted:

This is actually the main reason why Dead Or Alive is my preferred fighting game. A few people try to crowbar in the old ways of thinking and talk about tier lists, but the actual high-level players (and not just the loudmouths who claim to be the high-level players) have never spent more than seven seconds thinking about character tiers, frame data, move priority and so on. The DOA community is refreshingly open-minded and reasonable when it comes to these things: the thinking is it's not written into the game's code that character X will always beat or lose to character Y, and if player A is genuinely better than player B then which character they use should almost be irrelevant. Everyone has a better time because of it and it means that high level discussion is more often than not about the players themselves and the psychology of a match rather than fapping over a 2-frame advantage on block and other such trite nonsense.

Plus the DOA community generally don't try to force in stupid terms like "whiff" when "miss" is shorter and doesn't sound as silly, so there's that in their favour too.

Generally 3D fighting game players do seem more willing to ignore the old ways of thinking and it does seem to be mostly Capcom 2D fighting game fans who are hell-bent on picking apart every single animation, studying hitboxes under amicroscope and talking at length about why each character is better or worse than the others. It also seems to be the 2D fans (again, especially Capcom fans) that insist on using arcade sticks all the time while 3D game fans seem to take a well-made d-pad over anything else. It's an interesting divide.

That's it, I'm done. I'm done with the internet and I'm done with video games. Please come to my house and shoot me in the face and throw my computer in the bin. :suicide:

Cinroth fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 31, 2011

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

"Holy poo poo what the hell am I reading posted:

I give this article an 9/10. Why? Cause you didn't touch on a more important subject:
Fightsticks vs. Dpads.

I hate all these rear end in a top hat fucks who claim a wobbly rear end arcade stick makes them a better fighting game player, meanwhile I house them all day on a dpad. Also, button setter-uppers. If it ain't your house, learn to play default.

Ok I'm gonna stop this now before I'm too far gone

Cinroth fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 31, 2011

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

AXE COP posted:

Tier lists are only considered Real Ultimate Knowledge by bad players who are bad and you shouldn't be listening to them anyway?? Also I don't think you know what conflated means

Yup this pretty much sums it up.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
It would be better if people didn't read at all imo and just played video games.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

ZerodotJander posted:

It would be better if people realized that how to enjoy a game is an opinion and not an objective truth, but that how to play a game and win IS objective truth. But you might as well as wish that console wars would end.

It would be better if nobody played video games... :smith:

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
I'm thinking of buying a Qanba Q4RAF, anyone know a good place to order one from in Europe? There doesn't seem to be a place in Sweden that has them from what I have found. I found GremlinSolutions through a friend and I'm wondering if anybody has experience ordering from them? Also interested in hearing what people who own a Qanba Q4RAF think of the stick.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Svampson posted:

Ordered a bunch of stuff from GremlinSolutions to Sweden without a problem, if the items are in stock the shipment should arrive in 2-3 days :)

edit: Altough now I that I think about it I might've payed extra for courier delivery, so your mileage may vary

Do you remember how much the shipping went for when you ordered, as well as the courier delivery? I sent them a mail asking about the shipping cost but they haven't responded yet.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Svampson posted:

digged up the invoice, I paid for Courier service which amounted to
Postage/packing: £14.00

Also keep in mind that they charge you 20% VAT if you have it shipped to Sweden! (No sneaking past customs :()

Alright, thanks for the info! I'll probably place my order this week then. I'll just take the VAT blow in stride.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Question Mark Mound posted:

Is this coming out in US/UK or just Japan?
Honestly, I think if they market a Gundam VOOT-alike properly they could probably even build up some kind of proper scene for it.

Actually, speaking of licensed anime fighters, I watched a little bit of the Naruto: UNS2 tournament at a local games convention (totally not a serious tournament, but anyway...) and it actually looked pretty fun. I saw there's a new one coming out soon. Not that it'll ever be a legitimate or competitive fighting game, but can anyone vouch for it possibly being any good?

I played NUNS2 a lot when it was released and the game is inherently and fundamentally broken in the way that the game comes down to constantly mashing the block button in order to avoid damage with the teleport thing and it's extremely effective. There is no "reliable" way to inflict damage on each other in NUNS2 due to this. At most, you can sometimes land a grab on someone if they are not mashing hard enough, and sometimes a super.

This leads to pretty much 80% of the (very homogenous) cast is pretty much trash because all they can really do is melee. The ranged oriented characters like Deidara, Shino, the puppet users and someone I'm probably forgetting are pretty fun to play though since their gameplans are generally less hosed over by the game system.

Even discounting these things the game is nowhere near balanced in any way because of how the comeback factor transformation thing that characters can do at low health are so ridiculously different in usefulness between the cast. Some characters when they transform will get a wimpy little blue aura and I guess maybe do a little more damage, while others go straight up dragonball and turn into huge monsters that can't take damage and kills you in one or two hits (think x-factor level 3 except more like x-factor level 10).

Now even with all that said, the game is really cool and fun to play in a casual setting and I had tons of fun with it (even though the online was as expected full of xXxGokuIchigoKillerNinjaxXx and ragequitters). It's a shame that the new one seems literally unchanged in regards to the game system because if they reworked the really dumb block/teleport mechanic the game could be both really fun and also have some kind of measure of depth to it, but definitely not as it is now.

Bottomline game is fun (and different!) but really dumb and held back by really bad design choices. Also no matter how much I wish it wasn't it's still naruto and that's gay.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Regarding teleports, they aren't as broken as you think. Doing a teleport costs a considerable amount of meter, which you really need in this game. Spam teleports and suddenly you're out of meter and soon guard-broken.

But they didn't? Unless they patched the game or something the amount of meter it takes to teleport is so neglible it's a non-issue in the long run, especially since you get time enough to recharge your meter to full after pretty much any "knock down"

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
Thank you for making my dream game ArcSys.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
Put in the gas station attendant, who's only move will be delayed one hit ko handshake :tinfoil:

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
DoA is terrible and anyone that likes it is a terrible person in my experience.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
Yeah pretty much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jfzh2s3jlE

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
loving anime, what villainy will they throw at us next!?!

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3uKGAYDidQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=522s

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
sf2feilong, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ultra shin grand master *Kakyoin j.C, throw* :madmax:

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
sf2feilong is a professional salt miner and probably the number one reason why people on ggpo abandon their bizarre adventures with Jojo so quickly. Don't let him get to you and try playing some other more helpful people. Fayk can probably namedrop some cool dudes. I haven't played for awhile so I'm not sure who's active these days but some people I used to play were jedpossum, matt_ca or something I forget his name (hella salty guy) and gamegeezer who's a million times better than me but a cool dude.

There's also the german shin-god level players like toki and ATG that hang out who might be more helpful. I played ATG a long time ago and while he bodied me repeatedly he was always able to answer any question I had.

I would play Jojo more but laggy Jojo makes me saltier than any fighting game ever made, because it's sooo good without lag... :smith:

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
Yeah there's that Under Night In-Birth game that got a trailer a million years ago and then nobody heard anything ever again. Hopefully there will be more info eventually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eFpH_6ReWo

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
You must defeat sf2feilong to stand a chance. :madmax:

Broken Loose if you want to defeat sf2feilong pick Hol Horse and shoot him in the head. :downsgun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8_LSW4QIiU&feature=feedf#t=1m55s

Eventually though most matches with sf2feilong tend to devolve into what you see at 17:28

Cinroth fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Sep 22, 2011

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Im guessing you're a eurogoon then.. yeah sorry the time is set up to try to be convenient for east and west coast US boons. No one cares about stupid europeans!

You're the one who's stupid you... you big stupid poobrain!! :smith:

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
Received my Qanba Q4RAF from gremlinsolutions today and the stick owns and is rad as heck and everyone should own one because it owns.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Cat Machine posted:

gently caress you for saying this because then I went and read all the comments

I'm so sorry. I'll arrange with my assistant to have you brought behind the shed and shot.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Cactus! posted:

How much was the shipping to sweden? Cheer's

It was £35.00, excluding VAT.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Cat Machine posted:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311729

Ahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Finally smash will be taken serio-:unsmigghh:

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
Petshop is not banned. He's soft banned which pretty much means you can pick him but then the next night Yakuza will come knocking on your door and make fun of you and steal all your video games and then you're too ashamed to go back to mikado.

Fayk is probably more in the know than me though.

Cinroth fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 1, 2011

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
Don't worry cabbagepots any woman that sees you will get caught up in your own gravitational field so you can watch them orbit around you

Jmcrofts posted:

I was thinking KoF's Chang.

That's an insult to Chang's good looks.

Cinroth fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 6, 2011

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
Since it's Tekken talk right now, I'm trying to learn Lei Wulong in Tekken 6. Any cool Tekken tryhard wanna give me any pro tips on what I should do with him?

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Brosnan posted:

Lei

Thanks, exactly what I need. Gonna check out that thread as well. And yeah I know he's a handful but I'm still exploring and want to try him for at least a while before I try someone else. I started with Jin and know a few things with him so I got him to fall back on if I'm not cool enough to play Lei.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

canoshiz posted:

Beats the hell out of Funny and Cool Moments #5992 and streams of bad players

Man I can't stand this poo poo. How many goddamn "Funny and Cool Moments" has that guy done?? I mean I guess it would be alright if it was actually new stuff in every video but when he started doing them and I actually watched a few before I realized what a waste of time it was they were pretty much like 70% repeat footage in each video. Why does he keep doing it?? Why do people enjoy it?? And why does every fg site count it as news?? I actually don't want any of these questions answered and just want them all to go away. Maybe I should go away. Hand me a gun and I'll end it right now. Thanks a lot Keits!!!

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
Welp when you get DSP of all people talking down on people for their lifestyle you know its time to jack out the internet cable and shoot yourself in the head, see ya world~~ :suicide: It's amazing how he can be so outstandingly hypocritical on that subject but DSP is a giant idiot baby so it's to be expected.

As for the stuff about the FGC, from my outside looking in point of view I can actually kind of see what he's getting at, personally I think the "FGC" (stuff like srk and eventhubs and "stream monsters" and pretty much everything on the internet regarding fgs, not tournaments) is really dumb and silly but I'm obviously not a part of it so it's not really my place to comment on.

Cinroth fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Dec 5, 2011

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Dias posted:

Anyone gonna play Tekken Tag 2? I know you lot are allergic to 3D fighters, but Tekken Tag is pretty fast-paced and actually entertaining to watch. Unfortunately, my low-tier bitch condition flared up and Jun/Asuka apparently suck in this game. Not that Jun was good in TTT, quite the opposite. Fuckin' Mishimas.

I will definitely be playing. I'm still scrubby as hell in T6 but I have access to some good local players so hopefully I can level up more in preparation for TTT2. To further amplify the stereotype Brosnan posted I'm most likely going to be playing Jin/Jun because I am a horrible person with no clue that hates everything that has to do with making good rational decisions regarding character picks.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

PalmTreeFun posted:

Is a Mortal Kombat, Tekken, King of Fighters, Virtual On, Metal Gear Solid, and shmup character. There are a lot of Raidens.

Except there isn't a Raiden in Tekken.

Speaking of Tekken, since there's no Tekken thread and there are others like me who are excited for TTT2, if you are new to Tekken then this post is pretty much the best possible introduction to TTT2/Tekken in general there is (that I've found) and everyone should read it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443772

Cinroth fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Dec 7, 2011

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Brosnan posted:

While we're no the subject of starting up FG groups, I started doing weekly casuals at my place a couple weeks ago and it's been fun so far. Fayk, rivals, Reckless, and a couple of my non-goon friends usually come over Friday evenings to play Marvel and whatever else people want to try (KOF, Tekken). If any of y'all are in the San Jose area, PM me if you're interested in hanging out with us.

I am super jealous!!

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
Start a maximum shut up broken loose thread and then have him post in it once and then lock the thread so he is trapped in there for all eternity.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
I hate fighting games now, thanks thread

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Fayk posted:

I'm sorry about your insecurities. Maybe you should hide your games in general, they might think you're some kind of 'nerd' or something.

~~Copy this post to your status for at least an hour if you are a proud nerd, who don't need no pride~~

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Fayk posted:

edit: Yes, I realize I am talking about DOA, kill me now.

You had me there for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Bovineicide posted:

Why wouldn't you burst there? Did he think he was trying to bait it for 30 ticks? :psyduck:

He didn't have to burst, he could have just pressed any button to tech. They were just loving around.

• Locked thread