Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is like the best OP I have ever seen. Brosnan is like a role model to me, now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

I remember someone explaining JoJo to me and how the girl is the worst character because she only has 1 infinite.

Hahaha, yup.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well you do fight for control of space and have step bonuses which are like combos... so you could say Catherine is actually a fighting game!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

Someone please measure the fun achieved by doing Dan's super taunt tia

Dan's Taunt against a Scrub = Hilarious
Dan's Legendary Taunt against a Scrub = Awesome
Dan's Taunt against a Good Player = That player is a bro.
Dan's Legendary Taunt against a Good Player = That player is a super bro.
Dan's Taunt and Legendary Taunt against Daigo Umehara = "Rare footage of Daigo actually laughing."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Buhbuhj posted:

Heads up if the ST tourney does well and people aren't going to be retarded about GGPO I'm going to do a Jojo's tourney next.

Game's fun and I want to play it more and so should you.

Yes, a game I can actually beat people in!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
BBCSEX thread is up for those who really care about anime fightan' that isn't MBAACC. I didn't even know people requested it, I just saw there was no thread for it and realized it was midnight and I wanted to type up a lot of poo poo about Relius... then I realized I had to put more info about other stuff and I was like :smith:.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If this actually gets made then I will flip my loving table and tape a video of it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think me and Cinroth are the only people playing it on PS3.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Happy to see a new JOJo game even if it is becomes a generic fighting, I just hope Araki gives Capcpm permission to put an HD JJBA out so I can have a new JoJo game and a good JoJo game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

redmercer posted:

Has there always been a chance for Boingo to fall out from Hol Horse's DP, or is that new for Jojos HD?

That's always been there.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The genuinely great initial idea for SFxT was "Oh hey, we're going to make two separate games that use both styles of their respective series and have them crossover in a really cool idea since people have been wanting to see this crossover for a while." Then the game showed SF4 levels of slow speed, dumb gimmicks being inserted, game mechanics being terribly hosed, and a glitched up mess which was at that point comical as all get out. Oh and let's not forget the dumb console exclusive marketing that was going on too. Basically, what made SFxT a giant mess is Capcom's desire to riddle their new games with large amounts of unnecessary complexity rather than just go with the straightforward good idea of adapting the TTT style of tag mechanics and Tekken characters to the SF style.

I can only hope Tekken x Street Fighter will be better, but Harada's said to expect the girls of TxSF to be very cutesy, so gimmicks are definitely going to be a thing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

redmercer posted:

Are you kidding? Tell me you're kidding. loving lie to me if you have to

I have no idea what you're directing this at. That I have any sort of expectation for TxSF or that it can't possibly be worse than SFxT.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

redmercer posted:

I don't keep up on every bit of news from the gaming world so I didn't know that TxSF was going to even be a thing

Yes, Tekken x Street Fighter was announced back when SFxT was. It's been far more downplayed though because the game was announced two years ago when TTT2 was the biggest thing Harada was working on at the time, so the game's only about 10% done currently, don't expect to hear anything about it until next year probably.

Although Harada has already stated a plan he has for the game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just make the thread now, Chillydog got the best title.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
P4A's story really isn't that much better than most fighting game stories, it's just a bit less stupid, but overall still pretty dumb and lengthy as gently caress for what pretty much is the exact same conclusion every time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hopefully they do their best to gently caress up Smash for all of the dudes who show up to play it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you're looking for tons of single player content then Blazblue or Persona 4 Arena are your best bets. I'd choose the later as it's actually an okay game, but Blazblue has a ridiculously long storlyine and other poo poo like score attack, Unlimited Mars (You basically fight Super versions of the characters), and Abyss which is basically fight until you reach the lowest level and you can upgrade for character stats and whatnot.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Friendly Factory posted:

They should have just made Super Street Fighter 4 x Tekken if that ends up being the case

That's what SFxT is.

Gutcruncher posted:

What I dont understand is that the American Capcom games have the good button config (3SOE, HDR, DSR, etc), but the Japanese ones have the bad button config (SF4, MvC3, SFxT). Is it really some kind of crazy cultural difference that Japan likes lovely button configs?

Japan likes to use O on a Playstation controller as their confirm button and X as a cancel, that should tell you everything really.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

interrodactyl posted:

In my quest to learn more about the deep and rich Tekken storyline, I watched the movie.

And the anime. :psyduck:

Also, let's not forget the BlazBlue LP...

Someone explain to me why Blazblue has an LP.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

S-Alpha posted:

There are LPs of straight up VNs, so having an LP of a game that at least has some actual gameplay sections isn't exactly earth-shatteringly absurd.

It's a fighting game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

S-Alpha posted:

There are worse things in the world than badly written FG stories.

Yeah, like doing an LP on said bad FG stories that take loving forever to finish just playing it, let alone the entire concept of LPing VNs is loving stupid to begin with and you've got a recipe for a dumb idea x10. Whoever the hell thinks Blazblue needs an LP is wrong.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

How does Shadow Naoto have the smuggest face of a series of characters with smug faces? That's beautiful.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Evil Canadian posted:

So what is the first actual fighter(not divekick) coming out to ps4?

Injustice Ultimate Edition

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Other things Capcom hates: It's own fans.

It's hard not to when your fans are Capcom fans.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

New 5th character model leaked! If she happens to look exactly like Cammy that's just a coincidence. We spent $5,000,000 developing new character, we hope you enjoy!

I do not understand this at all.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Everything about this new character and the reaction towards it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Broken Loose posted:

There is a nonzero chance that Marvel might actually die.

Let's take a trip down memory lane.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's still an awesome story.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's probably a really good reason why EX doesn't show up under anyone's radar except when talking about character designs.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Doctrine Dark, Skullomania, and Cracker Jack are cooler than every new SF4 character

Also this is objectively wrong, Juri's one of the best designs SF has had in a good while, Hakan's fun and goofy, and Gouken fuckin owns.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Kind of dumb its Ultra, but what do you expect? Although they certainly cant claim poo poo like we're not x game because it wasn't released soon enough.

What's up with no GG? Isn't Xrd Sign out like next month?

The Arcade version is, yeah. There's been no word of when a console version will be released.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mintergalactic posted:

I can't be the only one who thinks that SF4 looks like garbage visually compared to Third Strike.

There are a lot of people who think this. 3rd Strike is a game with a lot of great presentation and animation. Characters are lively and pop out at you, the music is unique and all of the sprite animations are fluid and look fantastic such is the benefit of the engine it's crafted on. While I agree 3S is better looking than SF4, the aesthetics of SF4 are also very good. Characters 3D models are faithfully adapted from the old 2D sprites, motions look great, and due to it being in 3D faces are now a lot more detailed allowing for goofy poo poo like eyes bulging out of heads and seeing Akuma turn into a twister.

Which one you prefer is of course up to you, but I think most people can agree 3S looks better.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

getitoffgetitoff posted:

At least those Xboxes mean Chris G can finally win Marvel.

He will lose again like last year.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gutcruncher posted:

Where were the Old Anime Men to vote in Melty last year, huh?

Too busy funding Smash

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Got a source for this? Just wanted something to show everyone in my local scene that I'm not crazy for not buying a Xbone.

The fact that Xbox has been a dead console in Japan for loving eons is not source enough?

Gutcruncher posted:

Also youll notice a logo missing here

Why/how in the world does our Xbox Live have +R but not PSN?

It really is going to be a mystery for the ages.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Of course it's Calamity Trigger, why would it not be Calamity Trigger? Can't wait for GG Judgment to be put on Steam and then someone at ArcSys makes a video of them burning a GGXX disc.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AnonSpore posted:

Also Eddie is Zato=1 again? Can someone who's kept up to date on the story explain this?

Eddie is the symbiotic creature that ate Zato-1 and took over his body. The reason Zato became Eddie is because Zato's voice actor died, but now they've brought him back. The reason for this seems to be his soul was pulled back by the Senate, but Zato's soul is apathetic and unresponsive. The Senate locks him up until they can use him and Zato only responds to anything when he sees Millia.

The actual reason they're using Zato again might have to do with them kind of going back to GG1 in terms of some aesthetic choices. Axl's got his denim stuff back and looks a bit more muscular, Sol's got All Guns Blazing back, and well, literally every base character from GG1's roster is in the game except for Kliff.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AnonSpore posted:

I know the story reason he was Eddie and the real life reason behind that, I was just asking why they brought Zato back to life when previously he'd been a corpse worn by a symbiote.

I said why in at the end of that first paragraph dude. The senate brought him back to use him for their goals, but can't because his sole is apathetic and unmoving unless Millia is involved.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I literally died when I saw Sol go into Dragon Install in mid-air.

Why do I have to wait for the console version ArcSys? WHY?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The PS3 version'll probably be fine considering that's a console everyone in Japan owns compared to the PS4, which everyone in Japan might not when the console version comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I do like glowsticks, would I like Killer Instinct?

• Locked thread