Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Cabbagepots posted:

DaRkSyDeGeOfF has been posting some really funny videos where he takes fans' balance suggestions for AE2013 and implements them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfynuxpNJO0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-LbUsoqq2M

I think this guy helped him with editing the move data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGryat7oWNQ

Juri video was pretty class though. It's almost baffling how 99% of online Juri players are complete poo poo. She has a great bunch of anti-airs and an ultra that gives you great offensive potential for something like 15 seconds or so.

This shitter came into my endless a while ago, he was as awful as the name suggests.

rednecked_crake fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

Supposedly Street Fighter x Tekken for PC is finally getting patched tommorow.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2013/04/19/sfxt-version-108-patch-out-april-22nd-for-msft-and-steam#comments

Only several weeks after the patch appeared on Microsofts servers. Once again, a developer/publisher gets hosed for being dumb enough to use GFW Live

Except the netcode will never be fixed, so there's no point playing it, unless you have a friend in the same room.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Capcom gave the PC port to QLOC, but the Netcode they engineered for console assumed uniform hardware specs. Fine for Xbox / PS3, but awful for PC. Console versions were eventually fixed, but the work involved to fix the PC version is likely out of the question with the contract QLOC signed and it would simply be zero profit for Capcom to do it themselves.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

So I really want to get into fighting games but I don't own any consoles the market seems totally dry for PC. Are there any good 2D fighters I can play until King of Fighters or Ultra SF4 hit Steam?

SSF4 is incredibly popular on PC and has a wide skill range playing.
Skullgirls seems to be popular for now.
Mortal Kombat is garbage but has some players I'd imagine.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Is there a Yatagarasu community where games / players can be found?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Beta gets released and only 23 people are actually playing it.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Roguelike posted:

Juicebox is streaming the King of Fighters beta. So far, the netcode doesn't look so good.

gently caress, he's annoying to listen to. Is he legit autistic or something.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Broken Loose posted:

I'm reminded of the guy who was bragging repeatedly about how he was going to stream himself beating all the SGs modes without even attempting the tutorials (and give out Beta keys on twitch for hits while doing so) and then he jumped online.

Yeah, it's cool. In fact, we were kind of shocked that he was even playable by default in 3SO.

It's funny how he thinks that beating the AI is in any way, shape or form something to be proud of.

:thumbsup: skullgirls_players.jpg :thumbsup:

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Fenn the Fool! posted:

New/bad players aren't saying "I shouldn't have to practice to be good" they're saying "I shouldn't have to practice things I don't care about to be good", it's an important distinction. They're asking "why do I have to learn to do this, it seems unnecessary"; in many cases this execution serves a very important purpose that the new player can't see but in others, they're right, it is unnecessary because it has no bearing on high level play. This barrier to entry is a game design problem, it prevents some non-zero amount of people from enjoying the game (and thereby getting involved in the scene giving us all more/bigger tournaments and games). You can make the argument that the majority of people kept out by it would never get seriously involved in the scene; that's not my personal experience, but either way all you're arguing is the severity of the problem, it still remains a problem with the game design. You can lower these execution barriers in ways that don't impact the depth of the game and doing so is a good thing for everybody.

I really don't understand this argument. When you play any sort of competitive multiplayer game, there are brick walls of learning you need to climb over to reach the next level. In CS:GO, you need to learn spray patterns, choke points, proper movement and so on. In DOTA or LoL, you need to learn an encyclopedic amount of info on items, stats, heroes and abilities, as well as using that information in an efficient way (i.e. kill the other guy before he kills you). All that stuff is as hard, if not harder, than the 1-frame links or option selects that AE has.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Does anyone really play BB:CSE on Xbox? I got it a while ago, messed around in training and story mode for a bit... Went online, waited for 10 minutes, only to get matched up with a guy running around 1500 wins to 1200 losses. I got a message when I declined begging me to add him and play him, he won't even use his main team! I just went back to AE after that.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Arzachel posted:

The term MOBA was made up by Riot to avoid references to Dota and for most people MOBA and LoL are pretty much synonymous. Most western LoL clones also seem to rip it off down to the smallest details, which seems incredibly stupid since why would you play a lovely copy when you can play LoL for free?

For the players who are lovely at LoL.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

For people who have bought KoF pre-order, you can now play the beta.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Press select while hovering on iori and takuma.

I'm assuming you can do the same for the other two characters.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Am I mistaken or are a LOT of specials / supers safe on block? I've had people mash supers, tried to jab-jab-fierce buuuuuuurn knuckle or whatever and they either block it or their jab comes out first.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

Can more people post negative comments about PC KOF13, please? You're all making me hate the fact that I don't have a desktop at home capable of running it and I'm saddled with the console version and its horrible online component.

There are a lot of console players which is, honestly, really boring to get matched up against.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Gotta Wear Shades posted:

So in my last KOF13 match we spent more time repeatedly synchronizing than actually fighting. I mean, I'm pretty bad and all, but it really doesn't help when every time I made a move he had five seconds to react and plan for it.

edit: last night I had no synch issues but there was some noticeable lag. Now there's no lag but also not a lot of fluid fighting because we were reenacting a 15-year-old joke about the impossibility of buffering video.

Those synchronizing players are incredibly annoying, but pretty rare so far. Most matches I find are 3-4 bar and little to no noticeable lag.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Is there some trick to double half circle's in KoF? Doing Raidens super is just silly hard. I can do it if I pause between the first and second half-circle, but doing it quickly gives a half circle followed by a quarter.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Ah, that second link is beltin. Double tapping forward into second hcb makes it much more consistent. Can do it 10 times in a row no problem. Cheers!

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Netcode is good enough that I can hit confirm 3 crouching shorts into super.

The game is super-weird and unlike any other fighting game I've player before, but still, fun.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

This game had some weird inputs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfjU2wSYwsw

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I need to replace a couple of buttons on my Madcatz Arcade Fightstick PRO. Am I right in that I need 30mm buttons? Does it matter if they're screw-in or snap-in as well?

http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/Sanwa-OBSF-30-Arcade-Button.html

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

brian posted:

If anyone is in the UK or europe I'd be happy to help them learn KOF, just message me on steam, my steam id is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brianuk

Oh aye? I'm UK, will add. Pretty bad at KoF atm though.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Broken Loose posted:

Finally, and this is personal preference, avoid the Fightstick PRO models because they have a plastic body that feels cheaper, lighter, and hollow. I have no loving clue what they were thinking when they made those; they feel like children's toys.

I have a PRO stick (£70) and it's been pretty good so far. The only thing I took note of beforehand was I read the coloured buttons give out for a fair few people and my lk did exactly that last week. Spent £10 to get 4 replacement buttons.

Safety Scissors posted:

Hey guys I'm completely out of the loop, and I just wanted to ask a few questions. I only really played SF4 MvC3. I stopped playing super when marvel came out and didn't touch SF4 since. I haven't played ultimate in about a year. Also the only current console I have is a WiiU, and I'm against getting any more consoles, which pretty much just leaves me with PC as my serious gaming platform. What are my options and how good are they? I heard something about GFWL going down. Does that matter? In super all the down back characters like guile, chun, and Honda were strong. Now they seem a lot weaker. What happened?

Don't get SFxT whatever you do, game is broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwMsdmfoxhI

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

deChippewa posted:

Have any of you bought a Guilty Gear title as a PC port. I know you can purchase them off GoG.com and it would just be the single player/Local experience(I Think?). Anyway I have never played a Guilty Gear nor do I have a console, but if any of you have gotten these PC versions would you please reminisce about the game play? Is it worth...6 dollars. This really doesn't sound like too much of a loss if I were to be disappointed.

You can get Guilty Gear XX #Reload and play online versus other people with a netplay patch. I used to play this quite a bit a few years ago when it was still popular, but it doesn't look very populated now. Still, you can play with people at most times of day and the netcode I found to be more than decent. The only problem I had with it was that people could just ragequit and block you if they didn't like playing versus you, or they had a 10-win+ streak and didn't want to lose it. I know I got blocked by a few players for playing S-rank Faust and just chucking garbage across the screen and what have you.

guiltygear.wingdreams.net/lobby.cgi

http://ggxx.wingdreams.net/

The netplay patch is hosted on the Wingdreams server and you can play using their lobby.

http://ggxx.wingdreams.net/

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

This is seriously the funniest match I've seen for a while. Just wait until the timer hits 65.

http://www.twitch.tv/iebattlegrounds/b/453084683?t=175m13s

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Is this out on 360 in Europe? Might give it a bash if it's F2P.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Jeffrey posted:

No one considers it acceptable, but its now sort of something that's fun to play online as opposed to nothing at all. Again, there aren't really any better new games so I don't think we have much choice.

I've found it pretty decent if you're on the same continent, what's the problem with it?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Fair enough, it would probably take me half a year to really notice or get annoyed by the delay. That said, I avoid 2-bars if I can.

Skullgirls tends to have some really awful connections though. Not sure if people are torrenting or what, but having someone on the opposite end of the screen suddenly teleport half a screen towards you isn't fun.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Why do these people keep readying up? Are they seeing 4-bar where I see 1? It's even more annoying when they keep re-joining after getting kicked. The couple of times I try it, the connection is as unplayable as expected.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Yeah, online looks almost completely deserted as well.

What a disappointment, I thought it was officially released?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I'll take an invite, see if it's playable versus Goons.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hobo-With-A-Shotgun

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

Is there any advantage in getting a fighting stick? I understand that having one won’t automatically make me a better player, but does it provide better control than a gamepad? I’ve been playing SSF2THDR on PS3, and I find pulling off some the of the charge moves is hard to do with the D-Pad, because it’s easy to accidentally press it up or down and mess up the input.

I switched to stick simply because I've gone through 3 pads playing fighting games. Handing over £30 for a new pad every 6 months or so is just annoying.

Some things are easier, but it's not a make or break kind of thing.

That said, I still can't play AE very well because all my muscle memory is on pad (and Skullgirls & KoF came out recently so that's an excuse not to play it).

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Throwing it at the wall every time you lose, obviously. :v:

Obviously a stick is heavy enough to make you think twice about it.

Nah, those Madcatz d-pads wear out pretty quickly. Only a few months and the diagonals gradually stop registering, or get stuck. This is from several hours a day though.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

You shouldn't feel too bad about getting hit a lot by (other) new players. A lot of what goes on in Street Fighter (or any fighter) is predicting what the other guy is going to do and reacting appropriately. With new / bad players you... can't predict what they're going to do at all, because they're usually doing some really random, unsafe, stuff.

Probably the only time you can predict what they'll do is when they have <20% hp left and a full ultra stocked.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

General Morden posted:

Is it just me or is the Twitch chat not working?

Just loads forever and doesn't actually show up...

As I remember, you need to clear your cookies from Twitch than restart the browser.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Some guy at level 40 named Tom Sawyer came into my lobby and basically destroyed me in KoF. I did take out his Chin, but I'd basically given up by that point. 2 matches later, I do a quick Google search of him and find this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC9KVcCxKLg

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

god bless the idiots who bought all my cards so far

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

This poongko match made me laugh a while ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VETwEdHlwE&t=4m50s

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I have AC on Xbox but no one plays it online so it was wasted money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Get a madcatz fightpad or a hori turbo ex 2, those d-pads are much better.

• Locked thread