Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Hey, so, I hate to be that guy and burst into a thread without reading the majority of it, but I could use some help from people who aren't technologically retarded like I am.

I've been wanting to play some old arcade fighters on my PC, FotNS especially, and I've been directed towards Demul. I've gotten the game running at a fairly decent pace but the sound is super choppy and here's where I'm at a crossroads.

What do you guys recommend I use for playing the game? Stick with my setup of Demul and tweak around the settings or go to some other program entirely?

Also, if I'm posting in the wrong thread, let me know so I can move my sorry rear end over there instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Naturally everyone's waiting for All-Star Battle! ...Right?!

Well I preordered it off an import site so I'm pretty hyped for it, then again I'm a huge fanboy of the series.

At least it looks pretty and it's full of references to the poses the characters make, that's enough for me. Scene's gonna be dead before it begins anyway.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Gavok posted:

Wrong, Jarek! This is not a brutality! This is the final post for the Top 200 Fighting Game Endings!

Part Ten (#20-1)

Just chiming in after marathoning through these, they were really well-done and I learned a lot about Capcom lore that I never knew before. Thanks for taking the time to do these articles.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I'm not very familiar with Maximilian, is he really that much of a detriment? Seems like he does his best to try and acclimate new people into the genre, but again this is from a limited viewpoint so I might be totally mistaken on this one.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Just in case people aren't sick of handcam videos of Xrd by now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhTdzMBvrmo - Closeup of Sol's DI and special victory pose. Cool Divekick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki2iHqGgRSg - A few actual matches. If you wanted to see Potemkin's 3 new moves, they're in there towards the back end.

I'm not sure about how Chipp's rapid attack super being changed to look all flaily armed. I mean it looks good on May, but should the President really be stooping to such an undignified level of behavior?

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

So if I'm allowed to ask for a minute, I'm fairly familiar with the characters in BlazBlue but I've just recently gotten into Guilty Gear. What's Potemkin got that makes him better than Tager exactly? Sorry about the noob question but I'm trying to absorb as much Guilty Gear knowledge as I can from as many places as possible so I can try to be halfway decent before Xrd comes out.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Sorry if this was already known but do we know whether or not Xrd will still have 1-button throws or will they be switching to 2-button like BlazBlue?

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Thanks for the quick responses and the links, I'll be sure to read up on them.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Fayk posted:

I should probably prepare for a lack of robo-ky if it's not a given that everyone will make an appearance in this game. Still, I've got hope - glad to see everyone announced so far. If I can't get Robo-Ky I can at least hope for Baiken in addition to Faust, I guess!

Speaking of characters, has there been any word on whether or not we'll be seeing characters that are new to the series?

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Waterbed posted:

Even GGPO has a history of desynchs. 3SOE and basically every game actually put on GGPO has had desynch issues. GGPO is not a magic button because you license it.
They messed up, but they messed up on a thing that gets messed up on all the time and simply is not very easy to test unless its out in the wild.

KI is a bad game and that video is funnier because of the DSP part, but call KI bad for the hundreds of reasons that have to do with design decisions and not a stupid bug that's likely going to get patched out in 2 weeks or something on a feature that's pretty good otherwise.

Speaking of this, can you give me some compiled list as to why the new KI sucks so much? It's not that I doubt you or anything but I like lists.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

getitoffgetitoff posted:

What a bunch of shitcunts. Total douchecanoes

e: ChibiSoma are you a secret DSP account. Be honest

I like to think of them more like bitchquakes and fartnados.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

As someone who's played a bit of Eggnogg, how do the two games compare?

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I wanna see the original street fighter cabinet make an appearance at EVO, the one where you have to physically punch it, that'd be good for a few laughs I think

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I can't be the only one who thinks that SF4 looks like garbage visually compared to Third Strike.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Waterbed posted:

Guilty Gear Xrd releases in one week from now (the 20th) in arcades.

Still no date on home release here or Japan?

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Chickenfrogman posted:

I have only recently just started playing this game and I can concur. This poster is the poster you should listen to.

Melty Blood owns and hopefully UNIB will own too.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

interrodactyl posted:

UNIB gameplay still looks like garbage, but it looks like fun garbage now.

Fun is all I ever hope for in my bullshit anime airdash games.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Xrd will be on PS3 and PS4 both right?

How much worse do you think the PS3 version will be compared between the two

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Realtalk: instead of this, do the same thing with Puzzle Fighter

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Zand posted:

Twitch delay ruins all of these ideas

It'd be possible to replicate the idea on hitbox or instagib right?

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Vifs posted:

Assuming hitbox or instagib has irc chat, or something like that, then yes.

I fully support a puzzle fighter player-controlled stream

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Accent Core +R is out on PSN now

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Orgia Carnaval posted:

In the United States? I didn't hear anything about this.

From what I heard, yes finally

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

So is this coming out on consoles at any point because I want to dunk on people as a little anime girl

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Pomp posted:

"Fireb-fireba-fire-fireb-gently caress it, I'll just use normals."

That's basically me right now but with DPs instead

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Are fightstick pros compatible with/easy to install PS360s on?

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Gratuitous engrish is what makes a quality anime fighter.

It's true, I know Xrd is supposed to be 3 x's but what the gently caress even

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Barudak posted:

Is that what the gently caress that's supposed to mean? It all makes sense now.

I don't know for sure but it's what I assumed, considering they went from X to XX and now it's Xrd

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Guilty Gear 2: Overture getting buried.

We don't like talking about Guilty Gear 2

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Is there even a legal way to obtain Guilty Gear #Reload for the PC anymore? I could have sworn it was on GoG but it doesn't seem to be there anymore

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

Nope, just Isuka! God has a sense of humor.

Well, at least I had the sense to grab it while it was still there

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Thanks a lot for these, they should definitely come in handy.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I like the GRD system, it seems fairly unique

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Played my first sets of local UNIB today, and drat it feels good

Right now I'm leaning towards either Hyde or Akatsuki, is there some trick to Akatsuki's counter that I'm missing because I feel like half the time I whiff it, maybe it just has a shorter duration than I'm thinking it does

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

In the game of full-screen normals, the guy who only uses fists and still wins is king

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

On the topic of Blitzkampf, is it actually a decent game?

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Is there some semblance of a tier list for UNIEL right now? I'd imagine Gordeau and Waldstein are near the top

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I'm not used to seeing grapplers in the top tier, my whole worldview is shifting

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Hyde and Nanase seem pretty similar mechanically, how do the two stack up compared to each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

This year's best event for me was probably either Ultra finals or Blazblue finals

• Locked thread