Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yo Xbox dudes, want to download Injustice for free?

No idea why Costa Rica is getting Injustice for free, but there you go.

From what I tried here earlier, this has been patched up and it is full retail on both the Slovakian and Costa Rican marketplaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So I have a question. My girlfriend got me a 360 for my birthday, and seeing as my PS3 can't internet anymore, I'm planning on making my Xbox my new fighting game box. I have a MadCatz Soul Calibur V Fightstick, this one to be precise:

http://www.quill.com/mad-catz-xbox-360-accessories/cbs/301999.html?cm_mmc=SEM_PLA_T_301999

What parts would I need to dual mod it, how difficult is this, what tools outside of 360 parts would I need, and is it something that someone with no experience should attempt?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

My stick is a PS3 stick I was wanting to give 360 compatibility to.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Get a ps360+. I have it in my ps3 mlg te stick and it works great. I'm grabbing another one soon for my old ps3 brawl stick, just for the heck of it. They're very easy to install ( don't have to solder at all), and they work on ps3, 360, and PC.

Focus Attack has them.

Is there a guide for how to install?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Thank you so very much.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

LeninVS posted:

I know some ps3 TE sticks dont work on a PC. Do you guys know if the ps3 Soul calibur stick works on PC? I couldnt find an answer online.

Mine does.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I used to watch his Marvel tutorials when I was getting into the game, but I recently saw his Dante one and just the way he acted came off super forced. The only reason I watched his Killer Instinct video is because I'd never played one, and that game is super interesting to me for some reason.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So for anyone who ordered the fight stick deal from namco on black friday, did anyone get a notice saying one or more of your items have been changed out. We are replacing it with an item of equal cost?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Nothing on SRK or anything. I don't know what else they could replace the stick with, it's the only stick they sell on their site. Unless they give you a SCV Madcatz stick.

Which would suck because I already own that stick. I checked the package weight and it was 10lbs so I think I'm fine. They probably just swapped the game.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Yeah, I would think so. Swapping out the stick would be pretty loving dick of them.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they won't let me return the games due to the sale either if the one they gave me I didn't like. Either that or get ready to learn the poo poo out of some Naruto fighting game.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

They're replacing the stick with 150 bucks worth of Tekken Revolution credit

Yeah my PS3's internet crapped out for some reason I never figured out, so that would probably be the biggest gut punch ever.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I have never been so angry in my life.

Anyways, so I got my TE-S today from Namco Bandai and it's pretty slick. Can't wait to put some custom art on it.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

lamentable dustman posted:

So I my new Namco Tekken Hybrid stick arrived and picking artwork is now consuming all my time instead of playing with it....

Do you just make the template then print and slide under the faceplate or is there a special way to do it?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

lamentable dustman posted:

You print something out and put it under the plexi glass. Should just have to use a hex wrench to remove the screws after taking the bottons/stick off from the looks of things. I was going to have http://www.tek-innovations.com print it for me unless there is some better.,

I was just gonna use a template and take it to kinkos.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Tek innovations does very good work.

Yeah after looking at their stuff I am seriously reconsidering just paying for a fancy art piece from them.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Here's mine that I had made- it's really well done and cut well. I highly recommend them

I could finally have the stick art of my dreams:

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

getitoffgetitoff posted:

What a bunch of shitcunts. Total douchecanoes

e: ChibiSoma are you a secret DSP account. Be honest

Why are you hitting me? I thought Persona was all about friendship and poo poo. Oh you picked Chie? You're loving watching my stream and counter picking me because I'm Akihiko.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Grab the Soul Calibur TE. It's usually 70ish on amazon and a PS360+ PCB.

Fixed for misreading information.

SethSeries fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 14, 2014

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

What?!? I haven't heard that.

Yeah I misread that. That's completely on me. Still go with PS360+ though. Good stuff.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I've never really played a Guilty Gear/BlazBlu ever, and the Xrd videos really make me interested. Is the PSN Guilty Gear A Core Plus R worth grabbing beforehand? I played some of P4:A, which I liked well enough, but didn't want to devote my time to really learning it.

Guilty Gear is pretty much Persona on steroids and no autocombo. It's a good game, but it's pretty intricate to pick up and learn.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

interrodactyl posted:

Honestly, Melty getting into Evo showed more about how embarrassingly unmotivated the BlazBlue community was than anything else.

Care to explain? I just got into the FGC about a year and a half ago so old stuff at EVO's is usually interesting to me.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So a buddy of mine who's new to the community showed me what got him into wanting to play better and it was a loving DSP video. I watched it with him and jesus christ man.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

All it took was one match before I just couldn't take it anymore. Is counterpicking in AE so bad you have to complain? Is it really so bad?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Thanks for clarifying. The secondhand embarrassment still hurts.

On a better note, so do I need to go to the individual threads or can I just post here for people to play with tonight? I get home from class around 10:30 EST and want to practice some AE and Marvel to get back into the swing of things.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Well for anyone interested I'm on Xbox for Marvel and AE, but I can throw AE on my PS3 if needed. My GT is ManSeriesSA and PSN AlexSanteria. I'll be on at 10:45pm EST.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lp3I80B7eE

So this may be the best thing I've seen out of Skullgirls.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Still disappointed at the lack of a next gen port.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

THE loving MOON posted:

Has anyone taken a crack at the new Blazblue? I've been mashing buttons on it for a couple days now, but I never really got too much further in previous versions than putting together a pretty nasty lambda game and being pretty incompetent at anyone else so I guess I really don't have a good frame of reference for how much better the mechanics are now. Overdrive is a pretty neat system, I definitely like it better than the way bursts worked before. The new characters are all pretty interesting, and I've been having fun just cycling through them to see if anything clicks. Terumi is a boss, for sure :black101:

I've gotta relearn Nu now- I remember reading about it before, but it's still really weird needing to switch stances now. That's okay I guess, I've been comfortable doing basically the same old poo poo since CS1.

I've been playing it. I've never played a BB and a friend of mine talked me into it, so I picked it up. I'm digging it but there's definitely a learning curve, even for someone who has played fighting games for years like myself. We have a thread for it if you wanna pick up matches and just general talk.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

cumtini... on ice posted:

What do other people use to carry their sticks? I have an Eightarc stick that I really want to get a bag for, but I'm not sure if there are ones that are particularly cheap/convenient/good quality.

I just have a stick bag I snagged from a tournament, but honestly any messenger bag with a wide bottom should be fine. My best friend has one put out by MadCatz that he's a fan of.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Pretty much this, it's one of those strap bags that have like two big holes so it allows me to just slide the thing in there.

I also saw a dude who added a handle to his fightstick at Magfest that was pretty neat.

I've seen a few of those mods and they are pretty dope. I know some sticks come with them now.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So I wound up getting the last bits of my fight stick customized. All I need now is to get some clear sanwas to slap art in and I'll be ready to go.

http://imgur.com/abWwr5g

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Medullah posted:

Uhhh what's going on there

http://youtu.be/vtfon4QtA9U

Corrections.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Oh man, that's amazing and I now want to totally rip you off and do the same thing with my stick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zXQYsYwmxo

Seeing as I stole the idea from a fellow on /m/ feel free. Tek Innovations is your friend.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Sarchasm posted:

What's the matter kid? You say you want to play a terrible fighting game, but also want to jack off to big-breasted cat women? And you only have time for one?

Well you're in luck!

This is the first paragraph of text. It has a missing preposition, a missing apostrophe, and a triple negative. But don't despair!

And what about stretch goals, you ask? Why, if this abomination reaches $75,000, it will be made significantly worse by the addition of Maximilian as a playable character!

Truly, this is the game no one in the fighting game community wanted! Good job, everyone!

God man. I quit watching his stuff ages ago once I got a foothold with characters I liked in Marvel, and every time I see something else he does it is just the most cringeworthy thing. I used to like his tutorials until he became the PewDiePie of fighting games.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Any word on some Baller rear end deals on fight sticks for evo yet?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So does anyone know if the TE-2 is moddable yet. I want to slap a ps360+ in mine. I grabbed it for a really decent price and loving love the thing.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Mantle posted:

Can you take some in focus pictures of the insides? I want to see what the PCB looks like and the layout of the guts but I can't find any shots online.

So here's the kicker. See that black box in the corner? That convers the PCB.

Also just a follow up for anyone interested. If you don't give a gently caress about immediate Xbone support you can rip that pcb out and slap a ps360+ in there. However if you want to keep that functionality, you have to install a crossbone pcb then wire the 360+ into that. You lose LED function either way but the non KI sticks don't have them to my knowledge.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I think for sake of just having loving fun, everyone should play Gundam Extreme Vs. There's enough depth in it to matter but still be super fun.

Serious answer SF4 for reasons above. Maybe play TTT2 so you can bang your face into a wall.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

The fact that I want one as much as I do is upsetting and disturbing to me. My TE works just fine, dammit!

I bought one of the Xbone one and stripped that poo poo for a PS360+. Best decision ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So is KI essentially dead? I picked up season 2 on a whim for TJ Combo and it's just barren.

• Locked thread