Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I think the OP needs at little description of what "canceling" means. It felt like for a little while the MK thread was nothing but "What does xx mean" and "ok so how do I do it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Endorph posted:

Someone please measure the fun achieved by doing Dan's super taunt tia
Dan's super taunt is actually measured in mega-funs. One super taunt is worth almost 50,000 selecting metaknights.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Has any fighting game been ripped apart more thoroughly than MvC2 other than like SF2? The amount of crazy poo poo people seem to be aware of, even if it's not really something you'll probably be able to do in a match, is just silly.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
The 3DS DoA game is slightly more fun to play than SSF4 3DS because it's not really a fighting game so much as a rock paper scissors simulator/dress up anime barbie doll.

Of course neither have anything on true 3DS fighting game king

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Back in high school my friends and I probably would have played Injustice for hours. But we also played the Star Wars fighting game and the 3D Mortal Kombats and that one X-Men fighting game where one of the characters was Professor X in a wheelchair.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Haha what's with the animations when he knocks Wonder Woman into the sign at about :30 in? It looks like someone's dragging her around with a mouse.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
How is the netcode and online community for Persona 4: Arena? Playable?

Not that I would ever actually be good at it or even play it for more than a few days but you know. I'm just not very smart.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I hope Injustice is going to be fun to play online. I'm sure it won't be because MK's netcode was totally awful and watching little 10 second cutscenes every time the screen changes or someone does an ultra is probably going to be tedious but there's not a whole lot on the fighting game horizon at this point and everything new has been rubbish or has an impossibly high barrier for entry because it's part of a series that people have been playing for a decade or more.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Alcoholism posted:

Just play a lot and lose a lot and get better, man.
I know but none of the current fighting games are even fun enough to enjoy losing to get better.

Maybe I need to try to get into persona again.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

There were a ton of tier lists posted in January but I can't find anything newer than that from anyone reliable. Here's a few different ones:
Oh noooo Tao is good now. Now I have to get it and not play it noooooo.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
While it doesn't look like the Mane6 people are going to be getting the skullgirls engine unless there's a big surprise push they did post a preview of some of the new character designs.

I kinda like it actually. It looks cute.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

systran posted:

I honestly can't even fathom why a casual player would pay loving $60 for a fighting game. The value just is not there if you aren't going to get deep into the game.
This is me. I do this. A lot. I can't stop, help.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Papstr posted:

Every charge character in KI could do that I believe, and I agree. It's a pretty creative idea, though I wonder about the consequences of it balance wise. Guile walking forward and throwing a sonic boom sounds like a mess.
You can sort of get a feel for this by playing SSF4 on the 3DS which has helpful super move buttons on the touchscreen you can tap so you can do instant flash kicks and sonic booms no matter what you may be doing.

Yeah it's kind of a mess.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Do you guys think that one of these 20 dollar street fighter x tekken fight pads would work ok for PC Skullgirls? Is there a better fight pad option?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

miscellaneous14 posted:

Uh, where are you seeing $20 for those? Because I gotta grab a couple if they're selling for that much.
Amazon?

Are they usually more than that?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Potemkin looks just like Panzerfist from the Skullgirls character votes.

I never really understood how May was supposed to play. She always felt like a joke Dan character with her dolphins.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I hope Faust makes it since he's my favorite to play (even though I'm super, duper bad at him). I can't imagine he wouldn't though.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn posted:

Please play Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
What if I play the wii u version. What if that's the version I buy and play.

Does anyone on earth still play it online?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Mio Bison posted:

Putting aside Tekken 7 I will bet any sum of money on Capcom publishing a new FG next year. Arcsys being Arcsys I will also bet that at least one of these games beats Xrd to western console release :shepface:
I bet the disk and download PS4/XB1 versions of the upcoming SF4 upgrade with the new characters will have exclusive content too.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
An arcade/bar opened near me opened a few months ago and it's pretty cool but I think they picked their games totally on nostalgia rather than what would actually be fun to play. They have Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat, and a Marvel vs Capcom cabinet which is fine I suppose but it seems like any of the sequels would have been more enjoyable.

Also they have VF 3 but I'm not sure how that one ranks in the Virtual Fighter canon because the whole series is a mystery.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Remember Mane6? The little quasi-legal fighting game that probably should have rolled over and died months ago? Apparently still kicking.

I'm kind of just interested in seeing another team develop something for the Z-Engine.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I'm sure they're just holding on to R. Mika to get us hype for Tekken x Street Fighter! That's still a thing that's happening, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Zand what do you think about the next indie fighting game on the horizon being the similar-to-but-legally-distinct-from my little pony fighting game being made by nobodies with a donated copy of the skullgirls engine? Think it will have any legs beyond what is no doubt going to be a massive kickstarter?

• Locked thread