Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

40 OZ posted:

This all reminds me of the first 300 pages of the marvel thread where some smug random guy would come in a month after release and declare that everyone is just "sleeping on" Viper, X-23, or whatever acting like they are incredible visionaries that saw what nobody else saw.

They're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Only one clip looked like jojo's.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Rise appeared in a screenshot as some sort of announcer or something, so I suspect she's not playable. Teddy seems likely to be playable since they bothered to give him the funny new outfit.

Wouldn't be surprised if the remaining characters were Dojima and Margaret.

So basically you don't know.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Assists all day.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

ninety posted:

According to their website it's ps3's across the board at season's beatings, which sucks for me since I have just a 360 stick. SB would be the first tournament I go to, do these things have 'house' sticks? Is it a big deal to borrow one from somebody to lose my matches with?

Unless it's visually apparent that you are a leper you can bum a TE off any random player standing behind you.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Jmcrofts posted:

Yeah that doesn't mean mk9 isn't a bad game though (it is)

The current generation of fighters are so bad that Pol actually thinks MK9 is good.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Jmcrofts posted:

Yeah and a poo poo sandwich is better than a vomit taco.

I would rather eat a vomit taco.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Thank god panty shot the game is coming to save us from our modern fighter hell.

And yet it's still less embarrassing than MK9's female cast.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

systran posted:

I'm kind of worried it will end up playing too much like Marvel though,

Funny, your worries are my hopes.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

BUTTERWORBS posted:

I seriously disagree.

You're seriously blind.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Schmendrick posted:

Except there's the option of buying a digital version of AE for $15 (which they're not going to do for UMvC3 because they want to milk this game/genre).

SSF4 had no such option, so why are you phrasing it as if UMvC3 is the only game doing this?

FossilFuelUser fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 30, 2011

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Any Floridians going to EXPcon?

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
I will play Skullgirls and masturbate to the characters. If this makes me sexist then so be it.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Mai stance or not, I want to gently caress That Nurse.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Broken Loose posted:

The only times you'll see a fighter revolve around moves that materialise out of thin air more than a fraction of the time are in MUGEN.

Frank West, Peacock, Filia, Cable, Sentinel (MvC2 especially), Doctor Strange (A lot of his normals have deceptive range because the magic mist they create make a larger hitbox), Dante, Zero, Arakune, Cody, Haggar, that maid robot maid from melty blood, the unused Machine Man model from early mvc3 development...

FossilFuelUser fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 12, 2012

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Cat Machine posted:

Faust from Guilty Gear.

MvC2 Storm (gently caress that bitch)

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
dit: eh never mind

FossilFuelUser fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 12, 2012

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Jmcrofts posted:

I'd make Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Me too.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

NecroMonster posted:

Maybe it's comming from guilty gear, but I just cannot stand the idea that you can passively invalidate mixup.

Have you played MvC3? like, at all?

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

AXE COP posted:

His current voice is really good though. C-C-C-C-CALM DOWN

So long!

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Dandy J posted:

I'll take skipping and loving up sound over 3f of lag any day. I had a lot more fun playing sfxt online than any other recent game (cept maybe sc5 but I didn't try it online) just because I could play the same online as off. Too bad the game sucks.

I feel like a lot of the criticism for sfxt online comes from people unaware of how GGPO works. Everyone is used to input delay now.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0upuJptjBH4

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

scrooger posted:

No one can beat the guy at some major who's name was 'as i lay dying' and he came on stream wearing a norma jean shirt.

300 pound guy wearing an ICP shirt playing MTG.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Are there any good guides for using Zappa in AC+? I thought this was good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCjPRG9Yxok

Until I got to the part where they showed the combo at 2:04. I don't know if close S > 2HS is a tight link or it was just removed from AC to AC+.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
It's definitely standing close slash into crouching hard slash.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Yeah, Swole Badguy had to be crouching for it to work right. Thanks for the help!

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Are there any english sources that can show me Babby's First Zappa Combos for Accent Core?

Antillese posted:

If I want Guilty Gear what should I be searching for on XBLA? I know that the update isn't out yet, but I thought I'd pick it up and when I search for the phrase "Guilty Gear" all I get is the Xbox original version with a bunch of warnings about it not emulating correctly. Should I be searching for something stupid like "GGX2AC" or whatever? Thanks Bing™!

GGXXAC+, the acronym.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I haven't watched through it myself but have you watched this tutorial?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EABh2_Zhmw
Yes I did. It's a great help for learning what Zappa is all about but it doesn't really have any combo notations or the like.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
I expect to be great at anything the first time i pick it up, which is why my only hobby is playign casual video games. Everything else takes TOOOoo much time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Gutcruncher posted:

That diagram looks way more complicated than it actually is while youre playing.

Hey man, us fighting game players are Gods Of Execution and you need to be mindful of the New Players who can't press buttons as good as you and I.

• Locked thread