Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

P. random question but does anyone have that special kung-fu technique of wrapping up the chord for the TE-S to fit into it's little cubby hole? I always gently caress it up and end up having to smash it in and shove the lid closed. I'm terrible at wrapping up chords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cinroth posted:

Click my rap sheet.

Man, who has archives on these dumb forums

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

interrodactyl posted:

edit: Would people be interested in more GGPO tourneys? Probably weekly, various games, in rotation most likely.

I would love this more than anything!

WIND JAMMERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Elephunk posted:

GGXX: AC on the naomi emulator netplay

on the do what now

the nullDC naomi emulator? if it is and you can explain how to set that dang thang up, I would be eternally grateful.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

UberChair posted:

Oh cool, what games?

At this point it'll be 98, 98, or 989898989898989898989898989898989898989898

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

uncleKitchener posted:

That one connects through browser. I'm trying to connect through a client.

pick synIRC from the server list thing and then /join #goonsgarden

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

just a butt posted:

I am kind of waiting for impressions before picking it up myself. Here is a trailer or something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH6brwiQ9Lo

I got it so I can mess around with it, but I'm at work right now. Buhbuhj also got it, and his initial impressions are as follows:
11:58.45 ( &Buhbuhj ) hm
11:58.53 ( &Buhbuhj ) well game seems ok idk
11:59.14 ( &Buhbuhj ) movement feels good and damage is pretty high

So I'm a little bit excited to try it out. We're gonna try online later if we can, it's apparently delay based netcode but it's a bunch of menus and stuff you have to go through to create/join a lobby. I also found this:

http://www.orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3639

which is a character by character guide with some combos and stuff.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Countblanc posted:

If I buy it can I put it on as many of my machines as I want, or is there something preventing me from having it on my laptop and desktop?

There's no kind of drm, its just a .rar with a folder and all the files in it.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Ghostpilot posted:

If this was indeed made by ex-SNK folks, man, I really expected better.

Well, it was just 3 guys, and the only ex-SNK dude was the artist (obviously.) And yeah it's pretty derivative but it's something 3 guys made in their spare time out of bedrooms and such, and it feel's pretty fun 5 minutes in. vOv

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Harada's Twitter posted:

Katsuhiro Harada ?@Harada_TEKKEN 5h
*This is TEKKEN Project support team*
There appear to be some news articles worrying for Harada-san's safety (cont...

Katsuhiro Harada ‏@Harada_TEKKEN 5h
...cont)
However, we were able to confirm he has been logged into Steam daily, so we believe he is OK, but just has not shown up for work.

DOTA claims another poor soul ;-;

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Platypus Farm posted:

Uh wow this looks really good.

There's a version of it that they sold digitally a few months back ( http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/yatagarasu ). I like it a bunch, but a lot of the characters don't feel finished and there are two different clone characters and the netcode is not amazing. The parry system is cool because it's two different buttons, and it's really good looking in motion. I hope this gets lot of money and they add a bunch of new characters and ggpo. Anyways buy that version and play with me.

Do it.

e: http://www.orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3639 also here's a p. good character and systems guide.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

RBX posted:

On TTT2 I get one bars in player matches and 5 in ranked. In this there's only player matches at this point and everything is 1 bar (Some even have 0) so I have no idea what the gently caress. Im trying to play and I literally can't do poo poo without an extra move coming out I didn't want because the game is so laggy and behind.

There are some Tekken ps3 goons who are dying to play people, hit up the Tekken thread, they've put their GTs up (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3492311)

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Fingers McLongDong posted:

That actually sounds pretty great, when I heard about parries I was worried it would be too much of a 3s clone. Do you have to be in neutral to parry or can you hit the button while holding back? What you described sounds like it would go a long way towards making it a more footsies oriented game to me.

You can parry while holding back, but if you whiff parry you come out of guard so you can get hit. Also, if you hit forward + parry (it's actually called Button Locking), you get "greater return" aka red parry with a bigger reversal window.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

AXE COP posted:

I can't wait for the League of Legends fighting game!

I hope you were joking and didn't already know about http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/180381/league-of-fighters-a-fan-made-league-of-legends-pc-fighter

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

univbee posted:

but since Arc Works region-locked all versions of Persona 4 Arena

It hasn't been confirmed (I don't think) either way, but it was Atlus's decision to region-lock P4A, not Arc Sys.

e: actually, the playasia listing for the game says "No Region Protection".

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Fauxtool posted:

Can you point me towards a current wiki where i can look up the various gimmicks? It seems like everyone has a unique meter or # above the super meter.

Gwyrgyn might have a better one, but http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=BlazBlue:_Chrono_Phantasma has some combo and strat stuff on newer characters, and frame data for everyone.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

easiest way:
http://www.play-asia.com/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-paOS-13-49-en-70-6h6h.html

cheapest way:
wait until march when it drops in english

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

dj_de posted:

So after finding out the US version isn't coming out until the end of March, I'm probably just gonna import BBCP. Are there any other good places to check besides Play-Asia (66 free shipping) or Amiami (60+shipping)?

^^ If you do get the disc, don't get the free shipping from play-asia. It's worth it to pay, Ixiggle pre-ordered with standard shipping and still hasn't gotten his game 2 weeks later :[

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

a story of salt in two pictures

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Pomp posted:

Good lord, I hate Street Fighter 4.

What the gently caress are you talking about? No one was even making that comparison and illezt does not ever play sf4

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

remember when we just had juggle limits

No old man, go lie back down in your coffin

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i hold the opinion that combos are for scrubs, and that real honorable samurai players dont use them, like daigo, and tokugawa ieyasu

this but unironically

it has nothing to do with the fact that I cannot do combos

really

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MrJacobs posted:

It's gonna be AC+R. Which would be hilarious instead of Xrd.

tbqh I am still ok with that. If it has any kind of playable netcode (it won't). I mean, obviously I'd rather it be Xrd but I'm stuck in the #r ghetto on pc soooo...

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

interrodactyl posted:

I have a Q4 and because of my intense training with it I was able to beat Kurahashi in ST at Evo.

didn't he beat you like, 10 straight games after that one game

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

oh no its a great accomplishment

for everyone except interro

because he plays vega but even on top of that, is also a big dumb poo poo turd

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

interrodactyl posted:

last time we played i didn't even use claw and i bopped you

p.s. st sucks

e: p.p.s. fighting games suck

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

TheTofuShop posted:

Grudge matching in the thread should come back. 40 OZ, defend your tekken pride against Brosnan!

Also record it cause I can't watch at work.

this would not be entertaining and a huge waste of time for everyone involved.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Are the "10 strings" just 10 hit blockstrings that are preset for the character with hi-low mixups built in

they aren't even full block strings, there are parts which are true block strings though and yes mix ups are built in. They are real easy to evade or parry and punish if you know how to play tekken (I do not know how to play tekken)

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Spermgod posted:

ok so there's no point to discussing a game's merits because everyone is going to play it anyway? then what is the point of even posting?

because you cannot talk poo poo about 40 oz's chosen series Street Fighter and he must be sure that you know it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Nativity In Black posted:

Good luck getting new people to play a game with no netcode. I get that FGs are designed to be played in person, but I don't see how you are going to attract anyone new if you tell people that the easiest way to play isn't the way it was meant to be played.

Actually, if they're smart, they'll do some big story mode or a bunch of single player modes that are somewhat interesting. Gotta get the dollaz from those people who only play for nostalgia and do not care about competition.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

It is kinda weird because even though I am stoked for SF5, I was kinda hoping the announcement would be dragons dogma 2, and in a way I feel a bit disappointed :smith:.

Oh well I wonder what lessons will be learned for sf5, my only guess is the game will probably not be near as link heavy to appeal to the larger crowd.

This was an early leak for their panel that they will have at Playstation Experience over the weekend, so Dramga2 is still a possibility :3

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lol at all these gross moe nerds outing themselves immediately

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Broken Loose posted:

irc circlejerk crew aside

lmao shut up and get over yourself broken_loose

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Beef Waifu posted:

this is awful

pleas stop

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I'm emptyquoting Brosnan.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

<jamesman> gently caress the police

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

"I am a very experienced Guilty Gear player. I placed 9th at the singles tournament at Evolution one year. In a team tournament at Evolution, I beat an entire Japanese team of 3 myself once."

the point he's making in that part is good and I agree with it, but this line made me laugh

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

can you buy uniel on ps4

no

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lmao if you don't buy every single major fighting game release

just lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Saoshyant posted:

A good time to ask: how is the netkode for MKX? For a dumb, several pages long discussion on how it works to be ongoing in that thread I imagine it's not very good?

On PS4 it seems to be passable, on PC it is pure, unfiltered hot garbage.

• Locked thread