Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scrooger
Feb 26, 2006
QW and TFC are the two FPS games that have the most unintended (yet extremely fun!) mechanics added in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scrooger
Feb 26, 2006

Zand posted:

Why don't people post in the FPS threads complaining about how hard it is to hit people with guns and requesting that every game has auto-aim so you can hit people easier? Or complaining that hitscan weapons only show that you have the ability to follow a person with your scope and don't demonstrate "real skill"? Why are fighting game threads plagued by people who desperately wish to have the ability to compete without putting in any sort of work or effort?

Starcraft also has the same sort of complaints with APM.

scrooger
Feb 26, 2006

Zand posted:

Well bloody roar is that kind of fighting game and theres a new one coming out. So maybe weinerbabies should go play Bloody Roar.

Also how can people bitch about APMs? That is literally just how fast you're clicking poo poo so if clicking poo poo to make things happen is a problem maybe you shouldn't play RTS games? or maybe just step your fuckin game up

People feel like they shouldn't have to have high APM to play they should be able to lean back in their chair sipping wine while their superior strategy destroys the other player.

scrooger
Feb 26, 2006

Fenn the Fool! posted:

If chess had pieces that weighed hundreds of pounds you'd have to work out in order to play; I don't think anyone here would say this sounds like a good idea. If chess can be an interesting and strategic competitive game with the limitations of a turn based system and without any barrier to entry, then surely a game played in real time can also stand purely on the merits of strategy and reaction time. Perhaps the games we play now would fall flat without difficult execution to pad them out, but I certainly don't consider this a strong point in their design.

To say chess has no entry barrier is just being ignorant. A new chess player would be absolutely dominated by anyone who had half a clue.

scrooger
Feb 26, 2006
They can make a lot of money off twitch tv adds if they get pretty popular. A bunch of guys on a league of legends team moved into a house and do 24 hour streaming between the 5 or 6 of them. Considering they bring in 10k+ viewers (last I checked I don't play the game any more) and it's going on 24/7 they make a shitload of cash.

scrooger
Feb 26, 2006
I don't even know the last tourney TSM won, not to mention the tourneys happen so infrequently that almost all their money comes from stream ads.

scrooger
Feb 26, 2006

Nerokerubina posted:

I remember one dude at Socal Regionals was wearing a John Cena shirt can we agree to mock him before we mock fg shirt people.

No one can beat the guy at some major who's name was 'as i lay dying' and he came on stream wearing a norma jean shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scrooger
Feb 26, 2006

Mio Bison posted:

(T-28 days to Polarity explaining how crates/barrels ruined Street Fighter 2)

I know this is a joke but barrels/crates didn't actually do anything in sf did they? Thought that was solely aesthetics.

Also, shame pol was banned for the end of the evo thread. Lots of posts were really bad that I would have enjoyed him calling out :(

• Locked thread