Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Jessica Drew calling herself Black widow and donning a significantly worse new costume was pretty bad. I could understand giving herself a new identity outside of just being the girl version of Spider-Man, but renaming yourself after the famous traitor to the Ultimates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
With that group of characters, why the gently caress isn't Bendis writing it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Ultimate Styx and Stone? Really?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I'll continue to be upset that Loeb ruined the Ultimate Universe and now he's ruining the animated universe too. I wanted to like USM and Avengers Assemble, but it really is running the asylum :rant:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

It's like they want to stick Loeb somewhere not important and preferably keep him there.

e: and the Black Widow thing is probably to cash in on the movies (no, it won't work).

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 9, 2014

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, seeing a teen team having no idea what to do is fun, but everything else in the comic's pretty bad. I think i'll give it an issue but i'm pretty sure i'll just drop it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I actually liked it! The art threw me off because of how used I was to UCSM's style but it wasn't bad. Jessica changing herself to Black Widow while still trying to claim SHIELD status seemed odd for her but the rest of the cast was ok.

Story reminds me of early, early TMNT.

Only way I can see myself dropping it is if UCSM continues to use the full cast but let me be honest. I followed Ultimate Comics X-Men for a year, it's going to take A LOT for me to stop getting this.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will take Ultimate Spider-Woman however I can get her. I think there's a ton of potential in her character, so I'll put up with mediocrity if need be. Dammit.:colbert:

Still, I'd prefer this start off strong.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Dacap posted:

Jessica Drew calling herself Black widow and donning a significantly worse new costume was pretty bad. I could understand giving herself a new identity outside of just being the girl version of Spider-Man, but renaming yourself after the famous traitor to the Ultimates?

Yeah, that bugs me. I wonder who came up with that idea. Worse name, worse costume. Oh well.

Also, isn't there already a second Black Widow that was working for SHIELD after the original went traitor?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DFu4ever posted:

Yeah, that bugs me. I wonder who came up with that idea. Worse name, worse costume. Oh well.

Also, isn't there already a second Black Widow that was working for SHIELD after the original went traitor?

Running shield, yeah

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

All-New Ultimates was gently caress awful. I don't think there's anything about it I liked besides the cast, all of which seemed to be written really, really inelegantly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

net cafe scandal posted:

All-New Ultimates was gently caress awful. I don't think there's anything about it I liked besides the cast, all of which seemed to be written really, really inelegantly.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty much poo poo. I wish Bendis would drop an x-book and helm the whole UU.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd say the biggest issue I had with the issue is the art, which needs some tweaking. The case they're starting with also kinda reminds me of some cyberpunk story.

I'm not making GBS threads on it, but it was certainly...different.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I actually liked it! The art threw me off because of how used I was to UCSM's style but it wasn't bad. Jessica changing herself to Black Widow while still trying to claim SHIELD status seemed odd for her but the rest of the cast was ok.

Story reminds me of early, early TMNT.

Only way I can see myself dropping it is if UCSM continues to use the full cast but let me be honest. I followed Ultimate Comics X-Men for a year, it's going to take A LOT for me to stop getting this.

Spider-Woman being a SHIELD agent and/or (not)Avenger gotta be one of those Bendis Commandments by now, right? :v:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sooo did anyone pick up Ultimate FF?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sooo did anyone pick up Ultimate FF?

It's pretty bad. The art is horrendous.

MagnesiumB
Apr 13, 2013
Not a big fan. I also don't really remember much at all about Ultimate Doom enough to care about him as a returning character. I'm honestly way more interested in their weirdo evil Reed.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So everything's back to the Ultimate Universe Status Quo of ignore everything that isn't Bendis' Ultimate Spider-man.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So everything's back to the Ultimate Universe Status Quo of ignore everything that isn't Bendis' Ultimate Spider-man.

I would give it more than just one issue.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

bobkatt013 posted:

I would give it more than just one issue.

It's not exactly the first time they've shaken up the line. It pretty much always comes down to "Follow Bendis, ignore everything else". If that doesn't turn out to be true, you can always come back later and reread.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I liked Ultimate FF despite the art. But that makes the fourth rear end ugly new comic I've read so far in the Marvel relaunch. And two of them are good enough that I'll read in spite of that. Somehow I completely missed that All New Ultimates came out last week. I'll have to hit up Comixology for that later.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MagnesiumB posted:

Not a big fan. I also don't really remember much at all about Ultimate Doom enough to care about him as a returning character. I'm honestly way more interested in their weirdo evil Reed.

Ultimate Doom was great in the Warren Ellis series.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
Fiffe's All New Ultimates was actually pretty good and showed a lot of potential for the series. I say that as a fan of Fiffe who has never read an Ultimate comic book before. There was a little bit of awkwardness that read more like it came down from editorial rather than from the writer, but that's to be expected on a book from the big 2. I was legitimately surprised to see everyone here panning it. Fiffe knows how to write a story arc, he's great with an ensemble, and the people in his books actually talk like people do. I dunno.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

chime_on posted:

Fiffe's All New Ultimates was actually pretty good and showed a lot of potential for the series. I say that as a fan of Fiffe who has never read an Ultimate comic book before. There was a little bit of awkwardness that read more like it came down from editorial rather than from the writer, but that's to be expected on a book from the big 2. I was legitimately surprised to see everyone here panning it. Fiffe knows how to write a story arc, he's great with an ensemble, and the people in his books actually talk like people do. I dunno.

What else has Fiffe written? I'll give it a few more issues, I read all of Spencer's Ultimate X-Men, so Fiffe deserves a chance at least.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Did all that stuff from way back at the beginning of the last xmen reboot with Sinister and all the dead people ever get resolved?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Opopanax posted:

Did all that stuff from way back at the beginning of the last xmen reboot with Sinister and all the dead people ever get resolved?

Hahaha, nope.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Skwirl posted:

What else has Fiffe written? I'll give it a few more issues, I read all of Spencer's Ultimate X-Men, so Fiffe deserves a chance at least.

The main thing he's done is Copra, a really intense action book that's his love letter to Ostrander's Suicide Squad, but there's a lot of references to Marvel stuff like Dr Strange and Punisher in there too. It's self published, so it can be a little hard to track down, but it's worth it. A collection of the first 12-issue arc is due out very soon.

A PC Game
May 7, 2007
Copra is great but Fiffe's Ultimates was way too wordy and awkwardly written too. I guess when the art is as bad as it is on that book it's hard to show not tell.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The art style on cover of All-New Ultimates makes the interior art look like a wet fart. I was expecting something similar to the new Ms. Marvel's interior art, but NOPE.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Skwirl posted:

Ultimate Styx and Stone? Really?

Knowing what little I do about Fiffe's tastes, that's exactly the kind of thing I expect he would pull. Not sure why more writers haven't tried to rework some of those Z-Listers into major threats in Ultimate books, actually.

There's a lot of stuff to like about All-New Ultimates, but it was a really clumsy re-introduction to these characters. Why isn't Kitty staying with her mom like she was an issue ago? What was the point of having Ganke be the one who got attacked? For a joke about Legos? What is Lana's deal? She's on probation, or in foster care, or out on her own but under supervision?

Having Miles' book come out last was probably the dumbest thing they could have done for scheduling. He's the main character of the Ultimate Universe, and the only real plot point they have to follow up on beyond Cataclysm that anyone cares about is his unmasking to his dad, so that's what they make people wait for?

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 23, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I bought the giant USM bundle a while back, and someone gave a timeline but I can't find it.

I have like 3 Peter Parker issues left so I read all that stuff.

I remember someone mentioning Spider-Men fits in around issue 15 or so of UCSM Volume 2, but the bundle also came with Cataclysm: UCSM and I saw mentions of an Ultimate Fallout.

Where do those go?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

I bought the giant USM bundle a while back, and someone gave a timeline but I can't find it.

I have like 3 Peter Parker issues left so I read all that stuff.

I remember someone mentioning Spider-Men fits in around issue 15 or so of UCSM Volume 2, but the bundle also came with Cataclysm: UCSM and I saw mentions of an Ultimate Fallout.

Where do those go?

ULtimate Fallout happens after Peter dies. Cataclysm: UCSM happens after Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #28

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

FALLOUT takes place after Death of Spider Man and before UCSM Miles relaunch.

UCSM Cataclysm takes place after Miles' first volume wraps up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What about USM200? I forgot about that one.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

What about USM200? I forgot about that one.

That is after cataclysm and before the new volume

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Someone on 4chan leaked the ending to Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man that comes out tomorrow:

Peter Parker returns from the dead..???

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Flameingblack posted:

Someone on 4chan leaked the ending to Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man that comes out tomorrow:

Peter Parker returns from the dead..???

Highly unlikely it's almost assuredly one of the Peter clones that was unaccounted for.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Deadpool posted:

Highly unlikely it's almost assuredly one of the Peter clones that was unaccounted for.
Thus the question marks, but the whole comic is up on 4Chan now if anyone's so inclined to spoil/steal it.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Time for Ultimate Scarlet Spider. So I presume Miles is going to be the Havoc of the Ultimate Universe, always in someone else's shadow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Deadpool posted:

Well if past precedence is anything that is basically the same thing.

• Locked thread