Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Ultimate FF is picking up. Today had a Homicide reference and also Ultimate Spider-ham!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What was the reference?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

What was the reference?

Tony saying that he wanted to be Pembleton and Doom going You're no Andre Braughter. Tony responds with Touché

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

bobkatt013 posted:

Ultimate FF is picking up. Today had a Homicide reference and also Ultimate Spider-ham!!

I thought Doom was dead?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sithsaber posted:

I thought Doom was dead?

Nope that was a fake Doom. It was a female Doom!

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Sithsaber posted:

I thought Doom was dead?

I mean at this point, there's really no harm in just blatantly ignoring anything in Ultimate Comics an individual writer doesn't like. Hell, Iron Man's two solo minis were retconned into being an unlicensed Japanese television show.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

notthegoatseguy posted:

I mean at this point, there's really no harm in just blatantly ignoring anything in Ultimate Comics an individual writer doesn't like. Hell, Iron Man's two solo minis were retconned into being an unlicensed Japanese television show.

What the gently caress?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Orson Scott Card's run where it revealed that Tony was made entirely out of BRAINS which is why he's SO SMART was mentioned offhand by Rhodey as a lovely unlicensed anime.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

bobkatt013 posted:

Tony saying that he wanted to be Pembleton and Doom going You're no Andre Braughter. Tony responds with Touché

That is really specific.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Guys you're all glossing over the real issue here. Miles Morhames, the Ultimate Spider-Ham debuted.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I was out of town for a week and just got caught up to comics from two weeks ago. This was an actually... not bad issue of Ultimate FF? How weird. That ending...

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

We also found out who Ben killed. It is going to make his wedding really really awkward.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yeah. I just looked at the UFF preview pages. Should I be reading UFF?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

We also found out who Ben killed. It is going to make his wedding really really awkward.

Sue's dad?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Well, poo poo, gonna pick up an extra comic this week.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

It ties in as it was Mom

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

It ties in as it was Mom

How the gently caress does that work???? :psypop: Also Cat Captain America is the stuff of nightmares. :gonk:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jiro posted:

How the gently caress does that work???? :psypop: Also Cat Captain America is the stuff of nightmares. :gonk:

The last time we saw [spoiler]sues mom was working with Doom, so it's not shocking and makes sense[spoiler]

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
So about the latest Ultimate Spider-Man: Is Peter still going to be an imposter and Aunt May dies from sheer disappointment or are they really bringing him back? Miles's story still feels like it has barely started even though he's been around for 3 years already because the book still hasn't moved out of Peter's shadow. poo poo or get off the pot, Bendis, this is getting ridiculous.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Senjuro posted:

So about the latest Ultimate Spider-Man: Is Peter still going to be an imposter and Aunt May dies from sheer disappointment or are they really bringing him back? Miles's story still feels like it has barely started even though he's been around for 3 years already because the book still hasn't moved out of Peter's shadow. poo poo or get off the pot, Bendis, this is getting ridiculous.

I hope Bendis doesn't go that route and it's some dumb Spider-Verse thing or another fake out.

Also, where they hinting that Kate's parents were more than just regular parents? it came off that way for me.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

^^ Yeah I have a feeling that they are going to be characters we already know or know their 616 versions. Have the pride been introduced yet?

Senjuro posted:

I still think its an imposter. It feels like a real Return of Barry Allan situation

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 6, 2014

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Senjuro posted:

Given how much of an rear end in a top hat Not-Peter was portrayed as when he stole his webshooters back, I'm confident it's the Scorpion-clone back for his chance in the spotlight. It does seem like Green Goblin at least isn't responsible for Faux Parker.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Miles may be having trouble getting out of Parker's shadow but his "Wait for it. Wait for it" was pretty badass. Kid's growing into the role pretty nicely.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

^^ Yeah I have a feeling that they are going to be characters we already know or know their 616 versions. Have the pride been introduced yet?

I still think its an imposter. It feels like a real Return of Barry Allan situation

Squidster posted:

Given how much of an rear end in a top hat Not-Peter was portrayed as when he stole his webshooters back, I'm confident it's the Scorpion-clone back for his chance in the spotlight. It does seem like Green Goblin at least isn't responsible for Faux Parker.

That's just cruel at this point. Poor Aunt May...

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Honestly, I was more interested in Spider-girlfriend's conversation with her sister - I'm now convinced that those two are the brand-new Spider-villain pair, or the daughters of said pair. I don't think their conversation about "dad'll kill him" was entirely rhetorical.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I don't know what would break my heart harder, Peter actually being back or Aunt May finding out she was wrong. :smith:

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
J. Jonah Jameson's surprised face made my week.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those weren't even Peter's web-shooters. Nick had them built those for Miles.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I don't know what would break my heart harder, Peter actually being back or Aunt May finding out she was wrong. :smith:

Sadly I rather be the second. Part of me wants to hope Bendis doesn't pull this. I mean yeah comics but this is his baby.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Those weren't even Peter's web-shooters. Nick had them built those for Miles.

I thought he got the outfit from nick but was going around without webshooters till aunt May gave him peters.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I know this is going to put me in the minority, but I don't think I'd be averse to Peter actually coming back in the Ultimate universe. I think they've hosed the character so much in 616 that having the character exist somewhere with a (relatively) happy, functional social/family life in which he's appreciated for what he does would be great. If the Ultimate universe is about exciting twists on old characters, then having a world in which Peter Parker gets to have happy endings is about as big a reversal as you can get.

Then bring Miles over to 616, have Bendis write both, and fire Slott into the sun.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
It's a little extreme to want the guy dead, a thresher accident that mangles his hands an gives him a verbal slur that renders all speech to text programs useless would be perfectly serviceable.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

VanillaGorilla posted:

I know this is going to put me in the minority, but I don't think I'd be averse to Peter actually coming back in the Ultimate universe. I think they've hosed the character so much in 616 that having the character exist somewhere with a (relatively) happy, functional social/family life in which he's appreciated for what he does would be great. If the Ultimate universe is about exciting twists on old characters, then having a world in which Peter Parker gets to have happy endings is about as big a reversal as you can get.

Then bring Miles over to 616, have Bendis write both, and fire Slott into the sun.

Then nearly everything in Ultimate Spider-Man after Peter died was essentially for nothing, and Miles becomes Spider-Person #45 in the 616. Peter already had a happy ending. He died a hero and so beloved in universe that even Jameson feels sick about how he treated him.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

VanillaGorilla posted:

Agreed on all counts. Frankly I'd be glad even if Peter is brought back and he's officially retired from superheroics since I'm still sore over how rushed, unnecessary and poorly executed the Death of Spider-Man arc was and it would count as some sort of an apology.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm still confident this is a clone/LMD of Parker that got activated when the real one died.

It would be hilarious if this IS Peter Parker and he's really back but then he dies at the end of this arc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

massive spider posted:

I thought he got the outfit from nick but was going around without webshooters till aunt May gave him peters.

Did he? I thought Jess gave those to him as well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Then nearly everything in Ultimate Spider-Man after Peter died was essentially for nothing, and Miles becomes Spider-Person #45 in the 616. Peter already had a happy ending. He died a hero and so beloved in universe that even Jameson feels sick about how he treated him.

He bled out accomplishing nothing. I never liked that, it was a lovely way to kill him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

He bled out accomplishing nothing. I never liked that, it was a lovely way to kill him.

He saved Captain America and defeated five of his rogues at the same loving time while protecting Aunt May and Mary Jane, that's plenty imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, I loved the way Ultimate Peter went out.

• Locked thread