Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

No, please. I want to believe that Jericho and Gulak are buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Big Show and Kane are getting the band back together, aren't they.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

ECW people being politically incorrect has worked wonders in the past few days, so sure, go for it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Brock Lesnar posted:

Hunter S. Stompson
Scary Skelley, the wrestling skeleton
Smark Pain
Nathaniel Hardcore
Kurt Vonnegut

Shel Killverstein
JK Disembowling
"Bad rear end" Chuck Tingle

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Zack Ryder has the twisty rockets!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Big Bidness posted:

He didn't tear the outside of his dong, but when he got back to the locker room there was steamboat pouring out of his rickyhole.

Fixed that for you.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Dias posted:

What's with the pancakes being racist, is it the Aunt Jenima syrup thing or? Maybe it's a stereotype I'm not aware of, I thought it was just New Day's obsession with breakfast and dessert items.

I figured the whole thing was that they were doing a lumberjack match in Canada and they had pancakes to play that up, then decided, what the hell, pancakes are awesome so let's keep it going.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

DarkstarIV posted:

Paging Rovert:

https://twitter.com/MiaYim/status/1068211651948830720

:chloe: at Kimber Lee's instagram post.

For the past few years, Kimber Lee's CHIKARA antagonist has been a guy whose gimmick is standing around with his finger over his lips going, "Shhhhhh..."

Who knew the Whisper was right all along?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jerusalem posted:

Though the Saudi Arabia thing was its own issue, Jericho did discover that despite first getting Vince's blessing to go do some New Japan dates, and despite actually talking to him at least once about ALL IN, Vince started seemingly holding it against him, no longer responding to messages or ideas he used to be open to, showing no interest in booking him for anything, and then having WWE tell him he wasn't allowed any WWE wrestlers on his podcast anymore etc. It seems to have gotten to the point where Jericho and WWE are basically cold towards each other though not really yet openly antagnostic (Jericho might be pushing more in that direction).

I also have to imagine spending over half a year building towards a big WrestleMania world title win, only for Brock to go, "Vince, make me champ instead and I'll job to Goldberg," would sting a lot. Especially considering he was shoved aside for two guys he famously does not like.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Man, why did Trios have to be the same weekend as NYCC?

https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/1133184921240035328

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Karmine posted:

AEW ice cream bars will be the turning point in this new wrestling war.

We need Luchasaurus versions of Reptar Bars.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

So NXT was the good brand in WWE and now NXT UK is the good sub-brand of the sub-brand and how far down will this rabbit hole go

Once we reach the NXT named after some obscure midwest town we will reach wrestle-perfection

An NXT within an NXT within an NXT is part of Triple H's plan to subtly convince Vince to give him the company.

*lingering shot of Cesaro swinging, cutting to black before we know if he'll spin forever or slow down*

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jerusalem posted:

poo poo, I'm still no closer to figuring out which of us is Jeff Cobb since "stoked to meet Mara Wilson" is a universal constant.

Sitting here imagining Matanza Cueto being super pumped to see Mara Wilson and it's making me feel pretty good about life.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

coconono posted:

Van Hammer, absolutely instrumental for the east coast indies boom after WWF bought off all the local commissions and priced out promoters licenses. Also kind of a weird dick.

How so? Is it bent? Misshapen? Smells off?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Choom Gangster posted:

Dinosaurs aren't even real y'all

Then I opened the door and got on the floor for nothing... :negative:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

FunMerrania posted:

Maffew posted a screenshot of a discussion he had with someone on Facebook of allegations against Gulak of pedo and bestiality poo poo. A fan went to Quack about it 2 weeks ago and Quack fired him/called the cops.
Rory seems to be wiped off the Chikara website from a quick look.

His page is still up, but nothing links to it and his profile pic is gone.

Someone on Twitter recently posted something about how someone in the indies was doing sketchy poo poo and she didn't know whether anyone would believe her. Today she admitted that it was Rory and you have some people losing their poo poo over, "Why didn't you do anything?!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Yes, but it later turned out that John Tenta was not a shark. He was a MAN!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Aw, shucks. Thanks, Seams.

Must be readying himself for a fight against Walter.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Callux is great.

https://twitter.com/CalluxPW/status/1284326162332889088

https://twitter.com/CalluxPW/status/1284327286414741505

https://twitter.com/CalluxPW/status/1284328100768161792

Soon after, someone found the match.

https://twitter.com/CalluxPW/status/1284585175897313281

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Johnny Gargano stares at his hands while holding a positive pregnancy test, realizing what he's become.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

So apparently WWE blatantly ripped off what was Chikara's last major storyline?

https://twitter.com/xavierfaraday/status/1290459841899696131

This doesn't bode well for the children of Zimbabwe.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Davros1 posted:

What was the storyline?

Ophidian, one of the Wrestle Factory trainers, went behind Quack's back and put together a Fight Club cult called the Crucible (an ends-justifies-the-means plan to protect Chikara from potential invading factions). After hours, he'd train these guys in brutal fashion and force them into underground fights with special rules. No ropes and no pins with a 2-3 minute time limit. You could only win by KO, ref stoppage, ring-out or submission. Before anyone knew what this was, "bootlegs" of the fights would appear on some YouTube channel, where it was filmed in mostly darkness and various trainees would be surrounding the ring, slapping the mat. Then cinematic episodes of something called "Heralds and Harbingers" would pop up online or after Chikara and Beyond shows about certain guys who got wrapped up in the whole thing.

Eventually, Quack found out what was going on and it turned into your usual Chikara vs. invaders angle. No-rope Crucible matches became a regular thing.

Throughout Raw on Twitter, a lot of former Chikara guys have been all, "WOW, this is blatant."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Nut Bunnies posted:

I would honestly buy an explanation that someone got the idea from playing Mortal Kombat or watching Bloodsport (the movie) over "WWE stole an angle from Chikara that had no buzz and nobody really knows about"

But the thing is, WWE does know about it. Chikara filmed a handful of shows for the WWE Network with a bunch of Crucible stuff in it. WWE made them an offer that they didn't like and things fell through.

Next thing you know, Alanis Morrisette releases a single called "Stinky Britches" and Chef is left with-- sorry, getting my stories mixed up.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rarity posted:

I'm the guy doing flippy poo poo in a 'shoot' match

To be fair, the context is that this is long after the whole secret fight club thing had been exposed. At this point it's the Crucible challenging Chikara guys to matches under their rules, so having a guy trying to do flippy poo poo makes sense.

Nut Bunnies posted:

Oooooooh my well that does change things. It’s still a very dumb thing no matter what but yeah they probably swiped the dumb thing to make their dumb thing

Yeah, let it be said that the Crucible story was for the most part hot garbage. I feel bad for Faraday, but for a guy who had such a huge role in making the angle happen, he really did not make himself look good in it. The only guys who came out of it getting over were the Crucible students and Whisper, the Crucible member who eventually turned face on the team. The faces came off as washout tattle-tale dorks.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

While the Marty Jannetty of the team, he was definitely the HBK of homicides

Of all the Kliq members, he's more Scott Hall than anyone else.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Callux has been posting promo bloopers.

https://twitter.com/CalluxPW/status/1293900023118344193

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Dasher Hatfield finds out he isn't in the PWI 500 and goes "it's all bullshit anyway."

https://twitter.com/VeryGoodProWres/status/1299177823509385217

Meanwhile, his kayfabe son and niece both make the list.

https://twitter.com/_mollymccoy_/status/1299177468549566466

https://twitter.com/BoomerHatfield/status/1299179246011768832

Now he's just slightly less bitter, so as not to fully poo poo on their success.

https://twitter.com/VeryGoodProWres/status/1299180038772973572

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Pylons posted:

What am I looking at here?

Adam Carolla sucks and here are some people who follow him on Twitter.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The biggest heel in cinema history is Gene from Wreck-It Ralph.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lamuella posted:

what the gently caress is a "january"?

A terrible actress.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Tato posted:

Ms. Marvel's comic sold 13,116 copies in January. Even the best selling comics (which are typically re-launched #1s and poo poo) strain to sell even 6 figures a month and rapidly plummet, causing them to relaunch over and over. Ms. Marvel has certainly sold a fair amount of graphic novels (even though Scholastic and book fairs) so I can see some younger folks being familiar with her, but also understand why most people would think she was made up. Marvel has done a lot of pushing the last 5 years making her more visible, but it's a very niche audience I guess Mr. Cage is not a part of.

Cage complaining about Ms. Marvel just makes me think of years back when people were annoyed that Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 threw in that obscure talking raccoon character that Marvel was supposedly about to make a space movie out of that was absolutely going to bomb.

And Triple H nodded along with that.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Alaois posted:

now lets talk about Hawkman

When the Injustice game came out, I did these posts in the fighting games thread to explain the comic book characters to people who didn't read comics.

There was nothing I could do to make Hawkman not sound like the most confusing poo poo ever no matter how hard I tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Remember how a bunch of former Chikara guys got mad that Raw Underground/Retribution (when it seemed like the angles were connected) was a poor man's knockoff of their poor man's storyline?

Matt Demorest was part of that Chikara angle in what was basically the spot T-Bar filled.