Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Hey guys quick question.

What's a good local multiplayer puzzle type game for gaming with the wife. Typical question I know.

Specifically, does Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords offer local multiplayer? I couldn't find puzzle fighter on pan, anything decent and similar?

Blah blah more details: I'm stuck in the couch with a broken leg and she's finally starting to play some games again on my computer, specifically Bejewelled and Plants vs Zombies. Its been years since she played games (after kids) and now She's completely addicted. If I play my cards right I might have my gaming wife back for good. Help me goons, you're my only hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

SpacePig posted:

I found Critter Crunch to be incredibly fun if you're looking for matching puzzler, and if she like Plants vs Zombies, then Pixeljunk Monsters and Comet Crash are both pretty fun tower defense games.

Thanks, will check those out. All have local multiplayer?

Stelas posted:

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes has offline multiplayer and owns.

Yes it is! I should've added that I already have that one and am going to try that on her. I just want to have at least one or two more just in case that's not a hit.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Stelas posted:

Fair enough! Are you absolutely looking for multiplayer, or are you good with buddying-up on a game as long as it's entertaining? If so, Double Fine's Stacking is a deeply lovely little game all about the brave little Russian Doll that could and his ability to leap into other Russian Dolls to use their abilities to solve puzzles.

Stacking looks pretty cool but I'm not sure she'll be that into it off the bat. Right now she seems to be into sort of 2d puzzle on a grid / tower defense (like PvS) type things. I guess you could say those are her gateway games and I'm her games dealer trying to keep her hooked on the product.

I do think she'll like Stacking after she's more hooked.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Parkingtigers posted:

Edit: Oh poo poo, wrong thread, thought I was in the Xbox thing. In that case, disregard this.

I'll go with the "buy some LEGO games" deal instead as those are perfect gateway drugs.

The Lego games are GREAT except I play those with my 6 year old and I think she views those as kids games.

OlMaster posted:

Portal 2 might be similarly alienating, but it does have fantastic local co-op if she can get used to the controls.

God if I could get her to play that with me I would be so happy.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Discount Viscount posted:

That's odd because (Super) Puzzle Fighter (II Turbo HD Remix) is on PSN, unless they stealth de-listed it. It has the extra game styles that were originally on the Dreamcast version as well.

Actually I JUST found this, I forgot the "super" and was just looking at "puzzle".

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

axleblaze posted:

To be clear, I think the game will probably be a horrible piece of poo poo, but it's still fun to guess the characters :allears:

I did think the Onimusha Smash Brothers clone was pretty fun though.

Well in that case give me Crash Bandicoot.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
I haven't played any games on my ps3 in a long time. Now, after owning and watching The Avengers on blu several times with the kids (6 years old), he wants some spiderman or avengers game. Is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 my only real option for pretty easy to play, generic superhero-beat-up-everybody game? Is Spiderman Shattered Dimensions good? Thinking he might like the MvC stuff, but it might be a bit much right now.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Dan Didio posted:

Get Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 and play co-op. Bam. There's also that Spider-man, more kid-friendly game; Friend or Foe? Might want to check that out.

Liar Lyre posted:

Ultimate Alliance 2 is easy and fun. Shattered Dimensions is pretty cool too, but it can be a bit tricky.

MUA/MUA2 is about all I came up with in my google search before posting here, and I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been anything new like that since 2009. But either way, I remember it being awesome and will definitely be getting it. Just wanted to ask first, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
The youtube app changed the way it pairs with phones and now they added letters to the code, but the page on the phone only loads the number screen. Also they removed the qr code.

Any workaround?

• Locked thread