Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

At the very least, I hope they add lots of Burnout elements into NFS. I just love taking out dudes and the dedicated crash mode. God, I just love smashing my car into a crammed intersection and hitting a huge tanker. Ah memories. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

axleblaze posted:

My backlog is huge so I'm actually glad that there's gently caress all coming out this year. Early next year is gonna be crazy though.
I know how you feel. I still got games from Christmas I'd like to sit down and play. I swear I'll start Space Marine and Deus Ex one day, maybe. :negative:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

DrVenkman posted:

Just picked up Sleeping Dogs and liking it quite a bit so far, also picked up the paradise box for Burnout seeing as it was so cheap.

PSN name is: iamjames_h

In all fairness if I knew you couldn't change your name I would've picked something better.
:smith::hf::smith:
Same here. PSN - silver_surfer_01
The new Fantastic Four movie was coming out and I thought the Silver Surfer was super cool.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Samurai Sanders posted:

Goddamn that's weird, I thought exactly the same thing about it. I wonder how many other eternal bargain bin games are also good and I didn't know it?

The Darkness is like ten bucks or less and is fantastic.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I never really liked Uncharted. The set pieces and action scenes are incredible and truly cinematic, but I don't like the game play. I try to duck and cover but my cover gets destroyed or compromised. I try to run and gun but I die in a ludicrous hail of gunfire. I get more frustrated than actual enjoyment from the series.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

That loving Sned posted:

I feel the same way with the first game, and even after playing all three it still doesn't feel right.

If you play 2, then eventually it will click for you. You'll realise how nimble your are, how easy it can be to stealth kill, how accurate your auto-aim is, and how you can use every move at your disposal, from grenades to climbing to melee to clear out dozens of enemies without a problem.

Basically, you're not supposed to play it like Gears of War.
I beat all three. :smith:
It's a game series that just doesn't work with me.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Twisted Metal single player is alright. Nothing amazing, but a good distraction for an afternoon. But if you want the bonus car, have fun beating it really fast on the highest difficulty!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Croccers posted:

Uncharted 2 is my favourite because I got a shoulder bag thing from it that I still use today. 3 just had a ring. Lame.
1 and 2 are worth owning (And should be mostly cheap), 3 is worth a rental just to experience it.
3 also had a belt buckle and statuette.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The biggest reason you'd want to get the classics is to replace your aging disks. I know my copies of TM:B and War of the Monsters are really banged up and don't run sometimes.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Stickers don't bother me much. They come off pretty easy.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I remember getting shrink wrapped stuff if it's really new. I guess you could ask too.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Yeah, I'm fortunate enough to have 4 GameStops within walking distance of each other. If one sucks, go to the next. Great for preowned things and not much else.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I've had plus for about a year and a half now and own about 100 games from it. It's paid for itself for a few years. The total cost of the psone games alone have justified the price. It's a loving incredible deal.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Only problem with Scott Pilgrim is it can be a little grindy at times.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Sony announced it at E3. It was in the conference. No other word yet.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm still bitter that no DLC for Twisted Metal was released despite having a half dozen models completed.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Double Dragon is loving awesome and I haven't even punched anything. Magic is mixtapes, co-op is bro-op, and power ups are high fives. Game of the year folks. :colbert:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Code Jockey posted:

Wait, is Double Dragon Neon actually okay? :psyduck:

What is happening in the universe, I don't even

e. I'm actually kind of looking forward to giving it a shot tonight
It's really good. It's very similar to Scott Pilgrim. A cheeky beat-em-up that encourages you to replay it a dozen times to power up. It's a little sluggish, but about 3 levels in and you will be kicking major butt!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Just beat Neon, and it totally deserves its own thread. That's the first thing I'm doing tomorrow morning.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm making a DD Neon thread right now, what's a good title?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

TaurusOxford posted:

Double Dragon: Neon - HIGH FIVE ME BRO!
I'm liking this one. Really captures the essence of the game.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Double Dragon Neon thread is up!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3506508

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

RichterIX posted:

How's the Jet Grind Radio port? Silent Hill made me scared of "HD" remakes but I keep staring longingly at the PSN window.
I haven't play JSR before, but it does feel good. It doesn't look too HD, if that makes sense, but I like it. It's $9. You probably spent more on worse games.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Neon has its own radical thread that I would totally link if I wasn't on the SA app. So, uh, just look in Games and you can find it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I only game overed twice. Once at the second to last level and once at the last boss. Dodge roll has a lot of invincibility. Also, the best strategy for Air Lock is to try to stay alive rather than beating up dudes. Most get sucked out of the air lock. Stun them and say bye bye.

Also, come to my thread. I worked very hard on it. :smith:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Free avatars are awesome. It's better than being the fourth guy on my friends list to have the dude from Prototype.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Nothing will beat the dog in a suit for me. Though he is taking a break for now.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I was asking for some BL partners in the BL2 thread. I got two guys who want to try and get through the whole thing in co-op, so if anyone else wants to join just say something. I'm good for some BL1 action too.
silver_surfer_01

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Samurai Sanders posted:

I bought both Darksiders 2 and Sleeping dogs on launch day and...I basically haven't played either of them since then. I don't even know for sure if its anything about them, but I have no interest in playing them and think I might sell them. Is that normal?
I still have games I got for Christmas I have yet to touch. Deus Ex, Space Marine, LA Noire, InFamous 2, and a few others. It's not that I don't have time, I'm just not playing them. :effort:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Krad posted:

I got the best pubbie-buddy when I played it for the first time. Stuck together from begnning to the end. Wish I could find someone to play with now, I want to complete those multiplayer challenges but it's completely empty every time I try. :smith:
I was just thinking about this. My playstation is broke right now, but I would totally play once it's fixed this week. PSN ID: silver_surfer_01

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Krad posted:

Added! I usually have time on the weekends, so just message when you get your PS3 back online. :)
It should be good by this weekend. And just so it's clear, we're talking about original DR2 and not OTR right?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Krad posted:

Er, I was talking about OTR all along. I guess it's my bad for forgetting that there are two versions of the game. :negative:
It's cool. It's probably cheap by now so I can pick up a copy when I get a new PS3.

Edit: yeah, it's $18 at GameStop and I got the membership card and I can probably find a coupon.

Liar Lyre fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 4, 2012

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Green Puddin posted:

Honestly, guys, I think the reason Starhawk and Twisted Metal didn't so so well was because at their launch they weren't exactly the greatest games either. Starhawk had terrible load times (this could have been fixed with patches but I wouldn't know since I've sold it long ago) and Twisted Metal had matchmaking issues as well as exploits like going from a single player campaign, taking a badass gun, and then joining a multiplayer game with that badass gun wiping everyone else out who were trying to play legitimately (again, this could have been patched).

Bad advertising or lack thereof does not help in the situation, but first impressions are key. If they would have spent a little more time in development vs. shoving the game out the door, things may have gone better.
They hardly supported Twisted Metal after launch too. Did you know there are about 5 completed card that were supposed to be released as DLC that Sony did not release?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I know with Twisted Metal the original plan was for it to be a PSN title but Sony bumped up its budget and left it to die. If it had no single player and was release for $30 or less, it would have been amazing. Then they could have added additional modes and cars later. I liked the new TM and all the older games so I'm just a bit bitter about how the new one was treated.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Costume Quest is easily one of the best downloadable RPGs you can get. It's simple with some extra depth if want to min-max. It's absolutely hilarious. It's also kinda magical and kick rear end at the same time. One of my absolute favorite games.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I have a peculiar bug. I am trying to redownload the patches for BrĂ¼tal Legend and it keeps resetting the PS3. The game will start and the "do you want to install patches?" prompt will pop up, but when I hit yes it restarts the PS3

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

titties posted:

When this issue pops up, the usual solution is to wait until the HDD indicator on the front of the Playstation stops blinking before pressing X to confirm.
In others, I'm hitting buttons to fast. Cool. I'll try it when I get home. Could that also be why Mortal Kombat freezes at the main menu? Like it freezes when it checks for updates and DLC.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Hose of the Dead Overkill is awesome and almost worth getting a move. There's a couple other cool games too so if you can get it cheap, get it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

If you got the big goofy gun accessory, you can pump it to reload like a shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

manyak posted:

I bought costume quest for 3 bucks or whatever on the sale, I hope it doesnt suck poo poo.
It's one of the best PSN RPGs

• Locked thread