Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
I spent a total of five dollars on Dragon Age 2 and it isn't even worth the novelty of being a bad game. It's just a lackluster RPG with boring repetitive maps and the most paper-thin characters I've ever seen. I spend most of my time wanting to kill my own loving player character, because none of the three attitude options matter at all.

And I'd solve this by playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 but I'd need to set the Wii up again and that's just too much work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

President Ark posted:

There's a hairline crack in my DSlite's hinge. It still works and stays open fine, but it makes a weird squeaky noise when I move it.

Time to buy a new one, literally. That hairline will eventually turn into something worse, guaranteed. The DS Lite is notorious for it.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

I see really bad game design ideas and get really pissed at them because it takes common sense and an extra bit of work to make them not poo poo, but the company didn't.

Like the radial start menu in Dragon Age 2. It's clunky and unevenly distributed, unlike their other radial menu. Why do Map, Inventory, and Journal all get a similarly sized (tiny) bit of room to select them, but Character and Exit Game get a whole damned direction devoted to them?

It's better than the Assassin's Creed radial menu, at least, which would rather kill and traumatize your whole family three more times than let you select an item located on the diagonals. :argh:

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

revolver_pookie posted:

I never pick up followers in Fallout 3 because I'm afraid they'll die. I hear Charon's kinda cool, but I'll never know. (I just have Dogmeat stay in my house).

If you have it for PC, mod them invincible or get the mod that makes infinite dogmeats spawn if one dies, so that you can always stop by Vault 101 to pick one up

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

BigSexyWill posted:

My dad's lecturing me about the importance of saving money. gently caress YOU DAD I'LL SPEND MY MONEY ON WHAT I WANT!

You go girl! Spend all that money on booze and maybe buy that schweet smilie of your mom :v:

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

I hermited up a week ago because I wanted some me time, but now I have to go through the awkward process of explaining to everyone why I wasn't on Facebook, Skype, or answering texts/phone calls. Sometimes you just have to turn everything off and lay in the grass, dammit.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

eating only apples posted:

FrancisYorkPatty got a name change and now I'm sad because I loved that name :smith:

And also I'm cold but if I turn the radiator on I'll get too hot.

I name changed because ColonV 100%ed his limited powerups Let's Play in the Let's Play subforum (ehehe chocolate secret)

I told him if he did it then I'd change my nick to Dickweasel Alpha. I think the damning evidence is in the test post.

Long story short it's the best name ever

e: Now I'm sad because I have this new name but no avatar to match it.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

I want a soda, but the soda is all gone. The only way to get more is to go buy some, but I don't want to bump into anybody I know today. So I'm just kinda sitting at home in my boxers with the money I need right next to me.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

FrozenVent posted:

Order takeout from a place that also has soda. Have them bring the soda.

First world solutions to first world problems.

I'm going the extra mile--I live with my parents right now, they're coming home from a trip with my uncle, and they went shopping. I'm getting cajun-style shrimp pasta and soda delivered right to my door.

Although that does give me the idea for next semester. Why go out when the chinese place delivers to dorms...

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

eating only apples posted:

I had chicken curry for my dinner, and it was really nice, but now my mouth is too savoury and there's nothing sweet in the house to balance it out. :qq:

Am I the only one like that? Eat a savoury thing, gotta have a sweet thing. Not so much the other way round for some reason.

Similarly, I had chicken vindaloo for supper this evening and am now relaxing with a butterfinger crisp and a coke zero, but my side tables are actually firm bar stools that aren't perfectly flat, so I have to hold my can of coke instead of setting it on my side table. :qq:

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

My internet stopped working so I had to go find my iPhone and plug it in to my computer so that I can surf the web on my unlimited data plan instead on a slightly slower data speed :qq:

Also the sleeping pills I took are making me sleepy but I don't want to go to bed yet. Oh woe is me

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

I finished Doodle Farm along with Doodle God and Doodle Devil, so now I have nothing to play with on my iPhone while I'm making GBS threads. :(

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

I tried out a test-run of my favorite PS2 game today before recording poo poo today and found out that both of my PS2 controllers are broken. :( I have to pick up a new one before I can play anything. If only my PS3 was backwards compatible...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

I forgot to turn the porch light on for Halloween so now I have a giant bowl full of candy to eat. All the candy we got this year is things like Reeses Pieces and Skittles which are fine right up until they hit my sore tooth :smith:

Or that feeling when a tooth scrapes one the wrong way AUGHH

• Locked thread