Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.
This is one of the only two series alongside the Persona 4 adaptation that I'm looking forward to this season... and I know that if the P4 blows (which it has a chance of) I'll at least still have this. :swoon:

Seriously I can't see how this can go wrong, especially with this studio and this staff. Not to mention it's easier to adapt a light novel than a 3 route VN. It looks absolutely fantastic so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.

MadRhetoric posted:

Holy poo poo, they're releasing that in the States? Seriously?
Yeah and the release date is actually this November iirc. So it'll be here really soon. :)

I told myself I wasn't going to buy any games for a while but I'm making an exception for this.

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.

Wolpertinger posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d5KroZjjbA Pretty much when I facepalmed and stopped watching.

WE MUST HAVE HOT LESBIAN SEX OR WE'RE DOOOMED

:ughh:

jfc I forgot they left this in the anime. :psyduck: This was what made the following scene so jarring for me: they left in the awkward buildup (without the actual lesbian making out) and then... that lead up to mana dragon shenanigans?? If I hadn't already been familiar with the VN and the sex scenes I would've been really confused. It just felt... weird to leave that in when they were scrubbing out the rest of the sex.

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.
drat sharp.

Oh my god, can it be the 30th now please? These look so good.

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.
Both Assassins blow. :colbert:

Zero's Assassin(s) should at least look pretty drat awesome. I always liked the designs.

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.
To be fair though, I can't blame Takajun for not wanting to translate it. He worked so long on F/SN and just on Type-Moon stuff in general that I bet he got pretty tired of translating Nasu and would just rather move on to other things at that point, rather than translate something he didn't even personally enjoy just because it's Type-Moon. The crap comment might no have been necessary but oh well.

I think F/HA looks like a ton of hilarious fun though myself. :shobon: A lot of scenes I've seen translated seem to add a lot of depth too, like Rider's stuff involving her past.

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.
Shikis everywhere Shiking up this Shikiy thread.

god it's hard enough keeping track of just a few of them, it gets so much more headache inducing when you try to bring in alternate versions and other personalities..... :psyduck:

After Mahoyo Type-Moon should make a game where everyone's name is Shiki obviously.

quote:

I've played F/SN but only the first (Fate) route - should I do UBW now to finish "catching up" for F/Z? Also, are there multiple UBW endings?
Yes you should. Also I wouldn't worry much about the multiple endings if it seems like too much to you, just shoot for the True End of each one. (Except HF where you should also watch the Normal end first so you can appreciate the True End :smith:) You can go back and check out the others later if you really want.

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.
Oh man that was good. I really liked the way they animated Kariya and the insects in him it gave me chills. The episode was long and very wordy, but I was glad they got an hour long special for it and got it all out of the way. It was all necessary but if we had to spend two weeks on it that would've been ridiculous.

It didn't answer one of my main questions though. How are they gonna handle Caster and Ryuunosuke. But since technically that character's intro isn't part of the novels' prologue it makes sense that he wasn't in this episode...

If anyone unfamiliar with the novels is curious about the missing 7th master don't worry... we'll get to that. :tinfoil:

Can't wait for next weekend.

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.
About Waver and his motivation, it's more detailed in the novel if I remember right but you have to keep in mind that he's constantly looked down on for something out of his control. It's not so much arrogance as it is frustration; he is indeed a very brilliant young magus who works hard, but he's never acknowledged for any of that because he doesn't come from an old family of mages and now he just got publicly humiliated by an rear end in a top hat of a teacher for it. (He is kinda arrogant though that's just not the main driving force here)

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.
The class names also exist in universe to keep the Servant's true identity a secret. If I'm remembering this right, in the game they explain that this is so the enemy doesn't discover their weaknesses (imagine if someone had Achilles as a servant for instance) but that always sounded dumb to me in the game since next to none of them had actually exploitable weaknesses. If anything, it's really more important to keep strategies and trump cards a secret: the enemy won't be able to expect Excalibur so long as they don't know they're fighting King Arthur. All they know is that a Saber uses swords and a Rider rides poo poo, etc etc. It keeps it a surprise for the audience as well and gives them something to speculate about.

So basically if it really bugs you that badly just think of them as fancy strategy code names based on their abilities instead of "rpg classes". (although maybe that's even sillier to you...)

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.
I didn't mention Lancer's because I don't know, it'd be a little hard to make him eat dog meat. It's not really practical to try and exploit it so it hardly counts to me.

Makes for a hilarious scene in F/HA though. It involves hot dogs.

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.
I was so incredibly happy to see Rider and Itty Bitty Ilya, a.k.a. the cutest loving thing this ep. :3:

Then Caster happened. :gonk:

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.
Fate/Extra is worth playing for all the cool Servants. Hell, that's the only reason I'm gonna buy it, aside from being a Type-Moon fan and being impressed that a company decided to bring it over it in the first place.

It's also probably the only Fate story that has an Archer who's actually known for being an archer. Hells yeah, Robin Hood.

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.
Finally got around to watching episode 5 after putting it off forever. I just had to echo everyone else's sentiments that it was awesome as hell and holy poo poo Caster how do you manage to steal the show in like 2 minutes of screen time.

With a fantastic over the top voice actor apparently but still.

Oh god so excited for tomorrow's ep now. Definitely not going to put it off this time.

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.

Marin Karin posted:

I love how Saber freely gives her identity away to her enemies, but she never told Shirou because she didn't want her enemies to find out who she was. :psyduck:

Probably because Shirou is the hugest loving dumbass in the world sometimes?

She's so far telling people her name out of honor and her knight code. The fact alone that Shirou 1) didn't summon her properly, 2) isn't even a proper magus and can't provide for or support her as a Master should is reason enough to not want to tell him jack poo poo. This is all excluding his attitude at times which probably made her want to tell him even less the more stupid poo poo he said. She tells him what he needs to know, and decides her identity is one of those things he doesn't need to know. It's not like he'd get any use out of knowing it either to be honest. Kiritsugu's reaction to her identity also probably made her against revealing it to Shirou. :v:

BlitzBlast posted:

Having finished the CP episode, I am now glad this exists:

Whoa I've actually read the comic this episode must be based on, because that looks exact to the panel from that (the best panel). I always thought that was just some random doujin and not from Take Moon which I thought I never read anything from ever but guess not. (Unless they've not just basing stuff off Take Moon now)

Man I really need to watch all the new Carnival Phantasm episodes already.

Katsudon fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.

Factor_VIII posted:

Iri makes Yukari look like a responsible driver.

Iri is a loving riot in Prisma Illya. Best mom.

• Locked thread