Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I have never read the novel, but I love F/SN so it's embarrassing how excited I am for this.

I'm really loving the design of Berserker. I hope his character can match up to the one in Stay Night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Hikarusa posted:

Yes, Zero Berserker is completely awesome. But no, if you only watched the anime, you really have no idea how awesome FSN Berserker is. If you love FSN, you will at least read Seorin's lp of it.

Also if it's made I don't even want to know how horribly DEEN butchers HF, it's my favorite route.

Oh, no, I've read the VN. I was fortunate enough to know ahead of time to read Type-Moon's stuff instead of watching it. Although I've been meaning to watch a few clips to see how Deen handled (ruined?) some of my favorite scenes.

The worst part about an HF adaption is that we won't get to see Sparks Liner High animated. :smith:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Episode 1 is up on Niconico now! http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1317450438

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

I just finished it, and it was a great first episode. Out of all the new characters, I enjoyed Kariya the most. I can't wait to see how he and Berserker interact. Kotomine's voice actor is loving incredible; I loved the slight pauses in his voice when he was reading about Emiya. Their eventual meetings are going to be the highlight of the series.

The cherry on top for this episode was Gilgamesh's line in the preview: "You aren't worthy to gaze upon me" :allears:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

I was going to comment on how great the ED was, and how it was better than most OP's. Then I found out that was the OP they showed at the end. :downs:

Here it is is you want to see it in HD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjXJe_HgdMo

I love how everyone is striking these awesome, dramatic poses in typical action anime fashion. Everyone except Kariya, who looks like a strung out heroin addict. That's both funny and really, really depressing.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

The Holy Queef posted:

In any case, Has anyone brought up carnival phantasm?

Not in this thread, but it had a short discussion in the Summer thread. I recently rewatched the whole thing and the first and last episode are hilarious. The show is at its best when it takes advantage of its characters and setting (holy grail game show; Rin trying to record a tv show) instead of just putting Type-Moon characters in generic comedy situations. I'm hoping the second season will maintain the quality the 4th episode had.

ChronoReverse posted:

Darker than Fate and Unlimited Blade Works anyway. Heaven's Feel is in its own class although I don't think quite as bad as Zero (which, being the prequel, is guaranteed toend in the crapshoot that leads to Fate Stay Night).

Haha, I've been looking forward to this show for a while and it wasn't until I started watching the episode that I realized no one is going to have a happy ending. It was kind of a depressing realization since all the characters are really likeable. Or in Tohsaka's case, really fabulous.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Episode two is up!

Don't forget to click the speech bubble at the bottom of the stream to turn off floating comments and avoid spoilers.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Ughhh why couldn't every episode be an hour long. It was pretty good, even though I'm disappointed at the lack of Berserker. Rider owns pretty hard. Caster and his master were incredible, holy poo poo. "My hobbies are murder. Murder, and stabbing." :gonk:

I liked how Assassin's one scene in this was better than his entire role in Stay Night.

The ED is pretty nice. I like it more than the OP (the amazing song helps). It was cool to see the pasts of all the servants - even if it was just still shots. Gilgamesh with the lion :3:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Aniplex is letting Crunchyroll air the episodes a week after they first air for anyone who missed them. Here's last weeks.

Since there are a lot of people in the VN thread who just finished F/SN, can the streaming links be added to the OP for their convenience if they pop in?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Portable Staplefrog posted:

Type Moon does not make Mac versions of their games, sadly.

Seorin's LP of it is great if you ever want to read it.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Speaking of Fate games, is Unlimited Codes any good? I saw it while browsing the PSN.

Fake edit: What the hell is with these names? Luviagelita Edelfelt? It's like Nasu wanted to see if he could top Riesbyfe.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Episode three is up

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Revdomezehis posted:

Which stat is listed as D for I assume Kiritsugu?

Luck. It's pretty hilarious that Saber is luckier with Shirou than the man armed to the teeth and actually knows what he is doing.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Episode four

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

That was so loving good. This single episode convinced me that no matter how expensive the blu-rays are, I will buy the poo poo out of them. :allears:

Lancer is incredible. I hope his luck is better than Cu Chulainn's, because I want to see way more of him in the future.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

jonjonaug posted:

Lancers having terrible luck seems to be a running joke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pursuit_of_Diarmuid_and_Gr%C3%A1inne

Haha, at least Chulainn died in a pretty awesome way; he just had everything that could possibly go wrong happen to him. Diarmuid's last moments were him watching the king being a dick. "*spills water* Whoops! Sorry about that. :smug:"

In Fate/Extra, Rin's servant is Lancer. I'd imagine the game is worth playing just to see the walking catastrophe that is those two together.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

YESSSSS BERSERKERRRR

I can't believe we're only five episodes in. Has Urobuchi ever written anything with a slow first act? :allears:

Lancer and Berserker charging at Saber together was a pretty badass shot. Hell, everything Lancer was great (again). It's good to see his master is basically the Shinji of Zero. The sudden cut to Kariya in the middle of a Gil scene was a pretty great moment of "Wait, what?/Hell yes!". I would watch an entire show of Gilgamesh meeting people and telling them they aren't worthy to look at him.

Also, a reminder that the new Carnival Phantasm was released in Japan yesterday. The subs for it should drop soon enough.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

On a less creepy note, Carnival Phantasm 5 has been translated.

Berserka~

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

House Louse posted:

Much better than the first series, I hope it stays as good.

Lansa~

Seriously. Did they get new writers or something? Even the Phantasmoon bit was great.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Episode six is up.

edit: Iri was taught how to drive by Yukari from Azumanga Daioh apparently.

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 5, 2011

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

I love how Saber freely gives her identity away to her enemies, but she never told Shirou because she didn't want her enemies to find out who she was. :psyduck:

Kiritsugu not having time for this magi poo poo (:clint:) caught me by complete surprise, even though I knew he was going to do something. Just not that. I kind of can't believe Kayneth is dead already. I knew Lancer was going to be the first Servant to go; an E luck score will do that. I guess getting blown up six episodes in is better than the way Chulainn died in Heaven's Feel.

Seeing Gilgamesh and Kotomine bond was great. It took way too long for the two best characters to finally interact with each other.

Factor_VIII posted:

You can watch more of the Matou family in the 6th Carnival Phantasm episode.

Shinji likes decorating his room with what he loves the most:

Please tell me that Shinji and Sakura don't share any scenes together.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Katsudon posted:

Probably because Shirou is the hugest loving dumbass in the world sometimes?

She's so far telling people her name out of honor and her knight code. The fact alone that Shirou 1) didn't summon her properly, 2) isn't even a proper magus and can't provide for or support her as a Master should is reason enough to not want to tell him jack poo poo. This is all excluding his attitude at times which probably made her want to tell him even less the more stupid poo poo he said. She tells him what he needs to know, and decides her identity is one of those things he doesn't need to know. It's not like he'd get any use out of knowing it either to be honest. Kiritsugu's reaction to her identity also probably made her against revealing it to Shirou. :v:

What do you mean "sometimes"?

At first I thought with him being her Master (proper summoning/magus or not), telling him her identity would be the knightly thing to do. But you're right, trying not to have this idiot get them both killed probably overrides her sense of chivalry. Although that didn't work out for her since ignorance didn't stop him from getting in the way. :downs:

Did she know he was an Emiya at the part where he asked what her identity was? That probably didn't help.

edit: Just watched Phantasm six. That was... a really uncomfortable and unnecessary episode. The volleyball episode was better and that one didn't even have any jokes in it.

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 5, 2011

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

For the figma fans: Saber/Zero has been given a release date (3/21).

Skwerl posted:

friend's fate/zero fan art :unsmith:

I hope your friend makes more, because this is phenomenal.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Carnival Phantasm 7

Where is Caster's Saber figurine in that picture? :colbert:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

I think we should just use the VN thread for Extra discussion. A specific Fate/Extra thread would get as much attention as a Carnival Phantasm one.

I just started the third week, so I'm trying to avoid spoilers as well. :v:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Skwerl posted:

Gah, what a terrible point to end the episode! Now comes another week of waiting :smithicide:

I was waiting until 10:30 for the episode like a dumbass. I could have been watching it this whole time. :negative:

Can't wait to see more censored Caster action.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Hikarusa posted:

Also, Gil would probably find some way to tear Tokiomi apart himself in that case, regardless of what kinds of commands Tokiomi gives him.

This is really the main reason. Tokiomi is trying his best to have a good relationship with Gil, which is why they sort of reversed their Master/Servant roles. Even if he could get away with unlimited command spells, if he used a single one on Gilgamesh again it would basically become the end of their relationship.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Carnival Phantasm 8

We have to wait until January now. :qq: Atleast this episode has Saber Alter to make up for it.

Edit: That was a very good episode. :3:

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Nov 16, 2011

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

MagicalDuck posted:

Saber Lion is adorable. I'd want to take her home, if I weren't so afraid that she'd eat me. :3:

The weak are grilled meat meals for the strong.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Episode 8 is up. Can't wait to see some more of those sweet trees!

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 30, 2012

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Skwerl posted:

Good god, this episode contains so much :black101:
Kiritsugu is rivaling Akemi Homura for badass of 2011 anime.

I was going to say Kotomine for badass of the year because he broke a tree in half with his bare hands, but then it was revealed that Kiritsugu had several of his ribs grinded into powder and put into bullets to make them kill better. :stare:

This show is starting to have some pretty great facial expressions, and not just from Caster anymore.

It's a wonder that Sola likes Lancer more than that honest face.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

jonjonaug posted:

Volumen Hydrargyrum is Kayneth's only friend. :smith:

Kayneth's constant emasculation is the high point of the series for me.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

Then have I got the wallpaper for you!

This is amazing. Thank you.

Here's a summation of every Kayneth scene:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

That's a little disappointing. The Aozaki sisters popping up in various places is always kind of fun. Though it makes sense that it's not her, as TYPE-MOON changed her official hair color from blue to red.

Her hair is blue in Fate/Extra. So it's whatever color Nasu wants it to be at that moment, I guess.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Thankfully, the new episode is up so we can stop being the worst thread.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

Speaking of Enkidu, I would really like to see a war with both him and Gil in it. Just to see how the latter would react.

There is some non-canon book that has Gilgamesh being summoned yet again, and later on Enkidu is summoned as Lancer. It is a shame that it's apparently published fanfiction, because I would like to see those two being bros.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

New episode is up.

Oh, lil' Rin. Your streak of bad luck must have started here.

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 3, 2011

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Pierson posted:

Literally the worst serial killer.

No kidding.

That was really different from how it played out in the book. I prefer how the book did it, but Rin is my favorite Master in F/SN next to Kotomine, so I didn't mind seeing her go :ssj: on Uryuu.

jonjonaug posted:

EDIT: That episode preview! I will probably request a thread change to a previously suggested thread title after next week. Next episode will be the last two parts of volume 2, meaning we'll make some headway into volume 3 by the end of the first season. I've read unsourced info that (future content spoilers) we'll be ending at the start of the big fight against Caster.

gently caress yessss :rock:

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 3, 2011

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Sindai posted:

Probably because those are the only ones worth remembering. :madmax:

Hey now, the very last bad end where you let Saber live was pretty good. "Hah. So she was a virgin" was the only time a bad end had ever actually felt bad rather than funny/:black101:

But yeah, other than the three mentioned I really can't remember any other HF bad/dead end. Which is weird because I remember the majority of the ones in the other two routes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Onomarchus posted:

I can't be the only one who thinks Sola-Ui resembles Mitsuru from Persona 3, can I?

It's the white shirt with a gigantic bow that does it. And also the constant failed attempts at trying to charm someone.

quote:

Tiger Dojo

The best Dojos are the ones with Doll-Shirou.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0RT_KZQBDc

I had actually forgotten how great these were until I started re-watching a few of them just now. I'll have to go through all of them again when I have time. Osu!

• Locked thread