Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

2house2fly posted:

Laser weapons are pretty much all useless peashooters, so I'm wondering if anyone has some good advice for a laser character. I'm thinking I'll need high Luck for lots of critical hits.
Yes, have luck as high as possible. Must-have perks include Finesse, Beter Criticals and Laser commander. Also Camarader-E for the +5 damage boost and Vigilant Recycler to help with ammo.

Laser weapons start off really weak. But with a high energy weapon skill, high luck and those perks your basic upgraded laser rifle will crit regularly and destroy pretty much everything with ease.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

a real peso poo poo posted:

Also is there a way to wear the NCR black armor without pissing off the rangers?
The Ranger combat armor counts as a NCR disguise, so you can wear it without pissing of the ranger. In fact, the whole NCR should treat you as their buddy if you put it on.

If you meant how to get it without killing one of them:
Once your reputation with the NCR is liked or better, Colonel Hsu at McCarran should give you the key to a Ranger safe house. You can find one there.
Also you can find variation of the armor in Honest Hearts & Lonesome Road.

Magic posted:

In my main play through I got the impression that Elijiah's Modified LAER is probably one the bet weapons in the game?
It's on the list of best weapon in terms of damage, but I wouldn't recommend it as a main weapon. It has really low durabillity, so the thing will eat though repair kits and jurry rigged energy rifles like candy.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Nov 16, 2012

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Kalos posted:

Much like the escape sequences in Oblivion and Skyrim, it felt like something that was more designed to impress reviewers
Pretty much the whole mainquest of Fallout 3 up to GNR felt like that to me.
For example the first dungeon you enter after Moriarty points you towards GNR has little things you can do like pumping explosive gas into a room and blowing up some gouls with it. I don't recall details like that anywhere else.
And this sequence ends with this big, epic battle that's secretly just a showpiece in which the player is intended to follow the brotherhood like a good puppy and be amazed at their wonderfullness. Culminating in the chance for the player to feel awesome by throwing a nuke or two at a behemoth.

Turtlicious posted:

EDIT: I just had a brief moment of clarity, I'm probably one of the only people who does this.
If it makes you feel less weird: I know of several people who do the exact same thing, or something similar.
I myself do it. Though the story exists purely in my head. I don't jot it down.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 19, 2012

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Count Chocula posted:

Why do people dislike Three Dog?
For starters, there his dumb fetch quest in which he demands you butcher your way through piles and piles of super mutants to fix his radio station and enable him to "fight the good fight", just to get him to tell you where your dad went.
And what's this fight? Does he do go out and rid the non-existent population of raiders? Does he do anything to improve the wastes via his radio? No.
95% of his topics are about you. He just can't stop singing your praises or - more annoyingly - can't stop condeming you as the anti-christ. 4% is about how awesome the brotherhood is and lastly 1% is wonderfull advice like how you shouldn't hug Yao-guais.

Mister New Vegas on the other hand talks stuff that happened in the Mojave. Actual news. Sure, he reference your actions from time to time. But it's never this heavy handed crap like "The brave courier from Goodsprings saved the day! Good job, kid!".

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Also can someone point out the important in-universe things that happened in Fallout 3?
The DC region has a source of clean water. Well, technically it must have already did given that people lived there and you have household robots that fart out water on demand, but now we have a whole basin of clear water. Located for your convenience and safety right next to raider & super mutant central.
The Enclave has been thoroughly destroyed in the DC area. Potentially the brotherhood as well, but for some reason I think that - just like the FEV-water ending will be ignored.
The GECK was suddenly a super awesome magic device in Fallout 3. This magic device could have been used to create some much needed farmland, but was instead destroyed because Dad is a terrible engineer.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 23, 2012

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

Update out of nowhere. Been a while. Where are the patch notes?
Very good question. There's no announcment or news about this that I could find and over on the Bethesda forums people are just as confused.

It's a whopping 9.2 GB download too. o_O I think this is Steam being steamy.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 26, 2012

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Byzantine posted:

That's kind of a passive-aggressive way to go about that. Why not just make guns rarer because they're all rusting away by this point?
Here the full quote:

Chris Avellone posted:

We didn't set out to make Dead Money a Survival experience - we set out to make a Horror game that put Survival second. In terms of horror, I don't feel we succeeded, although it was a conscious effort to try and shake things up a bit with the enemies you faced to scare the player, definitely. The enemies are not only tough (which is easy to do with numbers, so I don't feel that's a real challenge), but also intended to be unpredictable when they fall, so you couldn't always count on shooting an enemy until they fall as being a guarantee that you're safe. The original hope was that the enemies couldn't simply be headshotted continuously - this is a selfish reason, as I get tired of watching people play like that non-stop (it doesn't feel like they're experimenting with limb-targeting tactics, despite the array of weapons), although the non-headshotting tactical diversion didn't turn out that way (it's just as easy to decapitate a head as a limb with the right blasts).

I guess they didn't realise that there's a very good reason most people go for headshots: all other options are kinda rubbish.
Sure, I could go for the legs, cripple them and make the enemy move slower. Or I could target the arms and lower their accuracy with their guns. But when are those ever better options then simply killing them faster?

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 7, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

2house2fly posted:

There's at least one check that penalises you, at the start of Old World Blues. You have a bunch of Barter, Guns and Energy Weapons checks, and I had enough for two and picked the failing one first. I got the hilarious FAILED response and then the conversation moved on and I couldn't pick either of the other options. I considered reloading but that's a really long conversation to redo.
Saying it penalizes you is kinda overstating it. You'll just miss out on some pocket change in caps, some ammo and the cyberdog gun that you can acquired elsewhere.

SplitSoul posted:

What governs whether you can hit explosives in mid-air? I used to be able to do it all the time, but on this playthrough it's literally always 0% chance in VATS. Maybe it's a mod I'm using. Any popular ones do that?
Shooting grenades and missiles mid-air in VATS was broken by one of the patches for Fallout 3. I guess Betheads and later Obsidian never found a way to fix it, or it just wasn't important enough.
You should still be able to hit grenades when they're still in the enemy's hands though.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 8, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

What's the criteria? I just played as I normally would and wound up saving everybody.
Fake Edit: ...right, not sure I'd compare that to King's Quest. Seems drat simple actually.
It's simple in hindsight.
Sure, when you get to know his character it makes perfect sense, but when you play for the first time you don't know his character and more importantly you'd have no reason to suspect that going for that very innocent looking speechcheck can have an undesirable outcome.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

FlyingCheese posted:

To be fair, he sets you up on a trap, you're sitting on a bomb, you have every right to be snarky with him. gently caress Dean and his pride. He can dish out poo poo but can't take it and I was more than happy to put a bullet in his head when he went rogue.
Thing is: you're not even being snarky with him. If you take the barter check, all you do share some information that Dean didn't have (specifically that the bomb collars are linked) and thus point out that he isn't starting that friendly chat from a position of strength.

Dean is just such an rear end in a top hat that he views even that as an unforgivable insult.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Murdering anyone who dares approach you sort of is a horrible crime, IMHO-
Yeah.
The Boomers are psycho gun nuts whose society revolves solely around shooting and blowing things up and while they love their guns and act all superior to you they're so incompetent they can't get rid of a little ant infestation.
They habitually shell the living hell out of anyone they see just because and even when they say they'll give you save passage, the lying bastards will still shell you. Okay, I know that's a glitch. But I always liked to see that as just one more reason to get pissed at them.

I would be perfectly fine with the NCR wiping the Boomers all out, if I hadn't beaten them to the punch.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 21, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

SpookyLizard posted:

NCR are still excessive dicks to them. The NCR is somewhat dedicated to wiping out the Khans, seemingly out of habit at this point. It's a hugely unfair fight since the NCR is a loving country and the Khans are basically gang and they. Are also planning on not merely beating them but killing them all.
An unfair fight? Is the NCR also being a dick for attacking the Fiends?
The Great Khans are a drugged up band of raiders who tried to push the NCR, got a firm shove back from the NCR in reply and now spend their days crying over getting shoved.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 22, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

SpookyLizard posted:

Who are generally being unpleasant because the NCR liberally murdered the poo poo out of their women and children at Bitter Springs. Never mind that there are alternatives to killing the poo poo out of each other, which is the sort of thing the NCR should try since they are supposed to be the "good guys".
Papa Khan himself will tell you that they carried out raids against the NCR. The NCR tried talking, but Khans figured that the NCR were bluffing, couldn't defend themselves and cheerfully continued raiding until the NCR had enough. The Khans brought Bitter Springs down on themselves.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

The odd thing about Three Dog is that while he's kind of an annoying jackass, the same voice actor is used for Nazir in Skyrim and he's not obnoxious at all. One of the better characters, actually.
How's that odd? It's not like that voice actor wrote the character of Three Dog.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

Is it ever actually confirmed in-game that Mr. New Vegas is an AI? I don't see any reason why it couldn't be just some wastelander that you never meet because sometimes people don't want to associate with some crazy mercenary with delusions of grandeur.
Nope, it's never mentioned ingame. Actually, as far as I know bit of info about the nature of Mr. New Vegas is this Bethblog page:
http://www.bethblog.com/2010/08/11/behind-the-scenes-the-many-voices-of-new-vegas/

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Speedball posted:

Is there a list somewhere of all the things you can do that affect Three Dog and New Vegas' radio announcements?
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Radio_New_Vegas
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Galaxy_News_Radio_(radio)

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Agoat posted:

I wish this game had optional GFWL. I love my achievements, and I have this for PC. The issue is if I play I miss out on achievements, but if I play on Xbox I don't get mods. :(
Wait, you want GFWL? That the first time I've seen someone say that. Are the achievements on steam not good enough for you?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

TheJukku posted:

I get that, but where are the wastelanders getting the common church latin version? I thought half of them were illiterate, and the other half still weren't familiar with Julius Caesar. Which is kind of the point of why he chose the Caesar's Legion thing in the first place.
Because the English language, history books and most importantly: people from before the war (ghouls) survived.

And I don't recall anything that said Caesar choose the whole Roman thing because it was alien to the Wastes. Where did you pick that up?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

TheJukku posted:

Oh, that makes sense, what with the ghouls. Anyways I could have sworn in a conversation with him he brings up how he chose it because it was something weird and unknown to the wastelanders. At least to some extent.
I think you got some parts of Caesar's dialogue mixed up.
If you talk to Caesar about how he got started, he'll tell you that the tribes didn't know war. It was alien to them. They did a little raiding and some pillaging, but no more then that. Caesar tought them how to properly handle guns, tought them basic tactics and showed what war was.

As for why Sallow modelled his army after the Romans. Well, the biggest reason for that is probably the idea of assimilating conquered peoples. Destroying their individual tribal identities and replacing it with his own.
But I like to think Sallow is just a Roman Empire fanboy.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Connoisseur posted:

There's some confusion on this matter, so I went ahead and retrieved a snippet of Caesar's screed:
Why is Caesar's Legion so... strange?
I used imperial Rome as the model for my Legion precisely because it was so foreign, so alien.
Ah, I managed to partially misremember that dialogue. Thanks. But I do read in there that the Ceasar chose the Romans not because no one knew the history of the Romans, but because he thinks Rome's Imperial culture and methods are the answer.

That said, I maintain that Sallow is a Roman Empire fanboy.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Connoisseur posted:

Regarding the Vulpes encounter and its potential difficulty...
:ssh: There's a 40mm grenade rifle and some ammo in one of the Nipton houses :ssh:
If you took care of the powder gangers, you'll have amassed enough dynamite to blow up half the gameworld. You don't even need high explosives for this, just chuck about 10-20 sticks in Vulpes' general direction and it'll get the job done.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

ravenkult posted:

God help me I'm gonna install it again.
Where do I turn for a breakdown of essential mods?
There's a New Vegas modding thread floating around these parts.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

LogicNinja posted:

Should I go for Guns or Energy Weapons? Does it matter? High Science/Repair seems to go well with Energy Weapons, but I did just get the All-American rifle, a 12.7mm SMG, a hunting pistol, stuff like that.
It doesn't really matter. A build focussed on energy weapons can be more challenging when starting out, but that's it really. Both can kill stuff just fine.

I'd take a look at the various weaponry availabe and just pick whichever fits your character's style. Hell, you can always pick both and mix things up. There are enough skill points to get competent at all skills in the game unless you've picked Logan's Loophole or have really low int.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

SpookyLizard posted:

I'd love to see a not western desert kind of wasteland where instead you're seeing a city reclaimed by nature After People/I A Legend style.
You can come pretty close to that in Fallout 3 with a mod that turns the capital wasteland green.
It may be silly, but I found walking around the ruins of city that's overgrown with trees and grass actually somewhat disquieting.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Knuc If U Buck posted:

The Strip/Freeside Open from the Vegas uncut mods with the 4gb loader are essential, imo.
Test the Strip and Freeside open mods on your computer before comitting to a playthrough. They place a lot of extra strain on an already fragile engine that can result in stuttering, slowdown, crashing and freezing.
They do make those areas look a lot better, so they're worth a try.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Feb 24, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

LogicNinja posted:

Decided to jump into Old World Blues before going to see Benny. I have Guns 100 but no Energy Weapons skill. How do I kill groups of those freakin' scorpions?
By shooting at them!
That said, while you can kill them with guns, you'll spend a fuckton of ammo. Old World Blues is the perfect excuse to branch out into energy weapons (LAER) or melee (proton & inversal axe). Also at times it may be a smart idea just run away.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

rope kid posted:

It still blows my mind when people don't think the Automatic Rifle or (especially) Holorifle are worthwhile.
Dead Money gives me two rewards to remember it by: One gold bar to put on my desk in the Lucky 38 and one sweet Automatic Rifle to murder everything in my path with.

Though I will admit that I decreased the spread a bit to make it more usefull beyond spitting distance.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 6, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

3Romeo posted:

Just for verification, since the fallout wiki failed me on this: the refugees that the Survivalist watched over, the ones that escaped from "the school" and feared "the principal"-- they were talking about the school in the Big MT, right?
Maybe, maybe not. I'm leaning towards the latter: There isn't anything to link it to Borous' highschool trauma. The note just mentions "school" and "principle" and doesn't mention or hint at anything from OWB. And in OWB's X-8 research center there isn't anything that mentions or hints at experiment subjects that fled.

Edit:

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I was under the impression they were vault survivors. I think it was one of the ones you can go to in New Vegas.
You're misremembering stuff.
You're thinking about the vault 22 group. They decided to leave Zion before Clark killed all of them. The school refuges are a different group that stuck around and became the Sorrows.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 8, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

RickDaedalus posted:

Off the top of my head, the first two numbers of the itemid should match it's load order. That means "008859" ID for the riot helmet becomes "098859" if the mod that adds it is number 9 in the load order.
Edit: For future reference, think of IDs like this:
"xxYYYY"
Where "xx" is the load order and "YYYY" is the rest of the ID it's given.
This is not quite correct. It's not "xxYYYY", but "xxYYYYYY". Secondly, FalloutNV.esm starts with "00", so a mod that is number 9 in your loader would be "08".
Also, remember that these codes are in hexadecimal.

If you look up the code for the advanced riot helmet on the vault wiki, it should say "xx008859". So if Lonesome Road has the 5th position in your loadorder, the code would be "04008859".

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 19, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

SpookyLizard posted:

Unless its been hosed with by a later entry. As never leave it zeroes. Good practice.
If you prefer to add the zeroes that's fine. But it's not "good practice". There isn't anything you can mess up by leaving out the zeroes.
And if a plugin "fucks" with an entry from another plugin, it does not change the FormID.

Biggest human being Ever posted:

How do I turn it off? Do I have to unselect it under the "data files" option in the launcher?
Yeah. But in theory that won't do you any good seeing as the DLC have a special little file that should make sure they're always active. regardless of wether or not you try to deactive them.
But on the other hand, your description does sound like either the DLC has not been installed, or it's plugin not active.

Go to your New Vegas' instal folder and check if there's a DeadMoney.esm there. If Dead Money has been installed something is broken: try verifying game cache files with Steam.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

The Crotch posted:

Doesn't he completely gently caress over the Kings and the people of Primm if they have the audacity to be friendly towards the NCR? Like, absurdly disproportionate and punitive retribution for their "crimes"?

EDIT: Okay, looked it up. Putting Primm - a town over which House has no jurisdiction and shows no interest in when it's overrun by bandits - in NCR control gets them the harshest taxes in the Mojave when House takes over. Convince The King not to have his street gang launch suicidal attacks at a superior army? House murders all of them. Nice guy.
I always felt those ending slides were a bit weird.
You're right in that House is just being petty there. But that didn't fit with the impression I had of House's character from the rest of the game.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

Then you weren't paying attention. House sees people as objects; when they don't do what he wants, they need to be either discarded, or disciplined until their behavior pleases him.
The thing that didn't fit with me is that in those ending slides House is being petty and cruel for no real reason (at least none that I could spot).

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Eiba posted:

Remember how the Kings were treating NCR immigrants? The threat of NCR's army didn't make them think twice, they're the Kings, and they're going to protect the people of Freeside, and bend their knee to no one. No matter how powerful and intimidating they are. In fact, the more intimidating and powerful, the more they'll spitefully thumb their nose, I imagine.

Imagine House sending a securitron to negotiate with them. He points out that he's in a position of overwhelming power, and it would be in their best interest to let him run the place. In House's mind it ought to already be a done deal. But of course, the Kings probably tell him to go gently caress himself in the most pugnacious posturing way imaginable. House sees two things- these people are irrational, and these people don't respect him (he probably has a pragmatic excuse for caring about respect, but the truth is it galls him when people don't appreciate what he stands for).

The Kings are more trouble than they're worth in his mind. As long as they exist they'll keep causing trouble for him, and there's no getting through to them other than brute force. Of course, even brute force doesn't really get through to them, and they oppose him to the last man. The end, House has killed a bunch of good people.

Imagine House taking this mentality towards... unionizers in his precious factories, or dissidents who object to any aspect of his rule.
If House wanted to clean Freeside up - starting by throwing out any undesirables, I can see the Kings resisting and going down in a blaze of glory. But that's not what happens:

quote:

Accusing The Kings of lying with a foreign invader for their newfound ties to the NCR, Mr. House punished them by ordering their forced removal. The Kings, defiant to the end, were destroyed to the last man by House's Securitrons.
He just throws a vague accusation at them. If House wanted them gone, he could have just done it without bothering to come up with any sort of public justification. And House leaves the Followers of the Apocalyps alone and their slide indicates that House continues to leave Freeside alone.
There's just no real reason for House to get rid of the Kings. They're even usefull to House as they keep Freeside from blowing up into complete anarchy. Removing the Kings would mean he'd have to spend resources himself to keep Freeside under control.

And if the Kings end up hostile to the NCR we get this:

quote:

During the Second Battle of Hoover Dam, some Kings took it upon themselves to launch several attacks on NCR citizens and soldiers around Freeside. Mr. House looked on these actions favorably, seeing them as proof of The Kings' loyalty to New Vegas, and decided to leave them alone.
I would have thought House would have a problem with that. I mean, controlling Hoover Dam is all fine and well, but doesn't the Strip still needs business and is the Kings attacking potential customers not bad for said business?

As for Primm:

quote:

Despite NCR's pledge to support Primm, they abandon the town after their loss to Mr. House. As repayment for their NCR loyalty, Mr. House sends Securitrons to Primm to "protect" it and collect heavy taxes from its citizens.
Why that taxation? Demanding payment for the Securitron-protection I can see, but collecting "heavy taxes" seems dickish for no reason.

I stand by what I said: those two slides just don't really fit with House's characterization from the rest of the game to me.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 13, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Sheen Sheen posted:

What really matters to me is that he seemingly had the power to save millions of innocent lives before the war, but decided to save his own instead, all in the name of his narcissistic "world vision."
If House just wanted to save his own life he could have just hidden in his bunker. He wanted to save Vegas and barely managed that. House could not have saved all, or even just several major cities: even if he had the resources to set that up, he simply didn't had the time.

Also:

Sheen Sheen posted:

Hell, if you're really ambitious you could argue that, as a huge part of the pre-war military industrial complex, House was partly responsible for the war happening in the first place
That's just dumb. Were House's employees who worked in factories that produced things for the military partly responsible as well?
House was a businessman before the war. A massively succesfull businessman, but he wasn't a big player in global politics.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 14, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Again: House barely managed to keep one city from being completely obliterated. He did not had the power to save more.

Sheen Sheen posted:

I don't know about you guys, but when I think of Jesus-like qualities, I don't immediately think of the guy who (presumably) helped design Liberty Prime.
I don't know: If the New Testament had a couple of chapters where Jesus did awesome stuff like building a giant, Optimus-Prime-quoting robot, I probably wouldn't have dozed off in church as a kid.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 14, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Utgardaloki posted:

Also, the Legion does have gender equality. Everybody in it is a slave with different directions. Men don't have more rights then women.
Bull. Yeah, technically everyone in Caesar's Legion is a slave to Caesar. But Caesar's Legion is still terribly mysogonistic: it considers women sub-human and treats them worse then men.

Utgardaloki posted:

Likewise, the Legion could not maintain the popular support needed to control all of the NCR while staying as they are.
Popular support? When Caesar's Legion comes rolling in, it either kills you or enslaves you. It doesn't care wether you like it or not.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Frungy! posted:

Do they actually add something to the main story line, or are they just silly separate adventures with new enemies and loot, like in F3?
Offcourse they add to the main story line: You get awesome weapons and armour to slay the Legion with.
No, they're essentially seperate adventures. But they are connected both to each other and the main game's story.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

While I understand what you're getting at, there's a clear difference between 'challenge' and 'railroading'.
This isn't railroading.
Sure, the "don't go north, there be monsters there" is obviously the game saying "main plot that way", but you're still free to completely ignore it. You're also free to go north: There's no invisible wall blocking your and if you're carefull you can sneak past the nasty critters.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

Except, you're still asking for directions to Primm, the Outpost, and everything else. It makes sense that it wouldn't be marked on the Pipboy, since you didn't have one then, but that is definitely something your character should know.
You don't have to choose those dialogue options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Cheston posted:

I just spent twenty minutes on Google Maps following the route from Goodsprings to NCRCF, Primm, the Freeway, Nipton, what looks like a solar plant and pretty much everywhere else in the game.
I never thought it might be that the mountains keeping you from walking straight to New Vegas are actually there
You may be interested in this then..
Some guy decided to tour the Mojave and take pictures of several location that appear in New Vegas.