Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I think the Windows 7 integration plugin is handy enough to deserve a nod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Ah, so there is no way to get rid of the titles? It kind of sucks when I'm just listening to a bunch of random songs and my playlist looks like a jumbled mess.

My playlist doesn't have them, but I don't know offhand what, if anything, I did to get rid of them. I don't recall having to turn them off.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Illuminado posted:

Stumbled on this old photo.

I had FB2k on my iPod set up as a portable and had the library set to the ipodcontrol folder so it would automatically sort all the music on my iPod. I should do that again with my Android phone.

:aaa: Brilliant!

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Illuminado posted:

Stumbled on this old photo.

I had FB2k on my iPod set up as a portable and had the library set to the ipodcontrol folder so it would automatically sort all the music on my iPod. I should do that again with my Android phone.

Okay, so I'm trying this out, and I've got two questions:
  • Is there any way either to let Foobar see hidden files or to prevent iTunes from setting the ipodcontrol folder to hidden?

• Is there a good way to exclude stuff like podcasts and audiobooks from the library?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I know how to show hidden files and remove the hidden attribute. The problem is that iTunes reapplies the attribute, and Foobar won't include hidden files in its library. The best solution I can think of at the moment is to make a batch file that removes the attribute after starting Foobar. The downside is that it'll take longer for the library to populate.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Illuminado posted:

Ah, you have to kill all the Apple Services associated with iTunes. Iirc, that's bonjour, applemobiledevice, and iTunes. Also make sure you don't have iTunes set to launch automatically.

For now, at least, I'm still using iTunes to add content to my iPod, and I'd like to maintain the option to use it alongside the portable Foobar. It seems like the batch I mentioned earlier might be the easiest way to get what I'm after. I can't think of many situations where I'd want to run Foobar portable but wouldn't have time to wait a moment for the list to populate. Thanks for the suggestions, though!

As for the podcast/audiobook issue, it looks like I can filter them out with Facets if I can get the syntax right.

Semi-related: Foobar portable with the file operations feature installed is a pretty good way to copy tracks from an iPod to somewhere else. The filenames are gibberish, but fortunately a portable version of MP3tag is in the works.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Illuminado posted:

I was under the impression of it doing horrible things if you take it to say... a friends and either have to swap their drive letters around or it completely breaks your library.

What, Foobar portable? I've only tested it on my desktop and laptop, but it was fine with being assigned a different drive letter. The library path is relative.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Illuminado posted:

As in that's the difference between portable vs non-portable installation.

I feel like I must have misunderstood your earlier post.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Neu posted:

Killing Itunes services wont mess with it. Just CTRL Alt Del and kill them or stop them in the services panel. You'd have to do this with every restart though.

Right, but that method involves eschewing iTunes, which I'm not ready to do just yet.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

quazi posted:

It seems to be using ID3v2.3. But maybe it's because I'm going from Foobar to iTunes, not the other way around.

Yeah, iTunes uses some proprietary tags, but as far as I know it handles the standard ones normally. I usually tag my stuff with MP3tag, but it doesn't seem to cause any problems when I do make the occasional change with Foobar or iTunes.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What's the best way to save Album art to files? Can I do it through foobar? That's the only thing I'm missing I think...

cover.png or folder.png doesn't seem to work

I don't know if there's a way to do it with Foobar, but it's like two clicks in MP3tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

joedevola posted:

I reformatted recently and started noticing weird errors in the date field that don't show up in Mp3tag or anywhere else. Deleting and re-entering the date information doesn't do anything to get rid of the weird garbage dates.

Anyone know what this is or how to get rid of it?

Did you check extended tags in MP3tag? There might be a second date field or something like that.

• Locked thread