Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

rolleyes posted:

I have a question about the facebook app. Since the various 'timeline-esque' updates I can't figure out how to view the 'likes' on a photo. Have they moved this somewhere else or have they just been really :downs: and broken it?

The app doesn't let you view the likes which is really dumb. I only keep the app installed so I can upload pictures to facebook easily from my phone. Otherwise, I use the website for everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Books get updates?!
Apparently so. Unfortunately this one is a regression and yes I tried redownloading the book.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Books get updates?!

I've gotten updates to books on the Kindle store before, generally just better proofreading and such.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

The Merkinman posted:

Did anyone else grab a copy of Kitchen Confidential when it was on sale AND read it with the Play Books Android app? The book updated a few days ago and now Play Books force closes every time I go to read it, but only that book.
I remember seeing a bunch of negative reviews on Play saying the same thing, but now they are all gone. :tinfoil:

Yep, that exact thing happened to me. I'm reading it on my PC now.

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Sometimes you have to roll the hard... two?

rotaryfun posted:

The app doesn't let you view the likes which is really dumb. I only keep the app installed so I can upload pictures to facebook easily from my phone. Otherwise, I use the website for everything else.

Fksake, form over function wins again. :mad:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Skeezy posted:

So LevelUp Studio is working on Plume 3.0 right now and one of the major changes is a new UI that works with ICS. Right now there is an alpha build up for 3.0 but it is far from finished (couple bugs and some icons are not final).

You can download the build here: http://levelupstudio.com/betatest/index.php?topic=173.0 (you'll need to register, but it's worth it cause they release updates everyday pretty much).

Here's what it looks like right now:

----

Somehow they got the ActionBar to work in Gingerbread? If I remember right I think this is how they got it http://actionbarsherlock.com/

I loving love Hit the Lights.

e: and @dogboner come at me

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

rotaryfun posted:

The annoying thing is occasionally buy some combination of screen presses you do get the old style photo screen where you can see comments.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

dissss posted:

The annoying thing is occasionally buy some combination of screen presses you do get the old style photo screen where you can see comments.

The CRAZY HARD TO FIGURE OUT screen presses are:
1: press the screen
2: Press the bottom right area that shows a thumbs up and a comments bubble.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

big mean giraffe posted:

That (usually) only shows comments for me, not likes.

Occasionally it loads a different (not full screen) view that shows comments and likes below the photo

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

big mean giraffe posted:

That also only shows me the comments. I can see who likes posts, but pictures just can't get to them.

Any other snarky suggestions?

rotaryfun fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 15, 2012

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

dissss posted:

That (usually) only shows comments for me, not likes.

Occasionally it loads a different (not full screen) view that shows comments and likes below the photo

Your post said 'where you can see comments,' so I thought maybe you were having trouble with that. If you're talking about likes, yeah, the app's worthless for poo poo like that.

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Sometimes you have to roll the hard... two?

rotaryfun posted:

That also only shows me the comments. I can see who likes posts, but pictures just can't get to them.

Any other snarky suggestions?

Yep that's exactly my problem. If there was a way to suggest features I'd ask them to unbreak it but I don't know of any feedback method.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

nickhimself posted:

Just installed 1Weather and for the most part, I really like it...however, I can't find a way to set Current Location as its default location for me.

Anyone know how to set this?

I don't think you can, but if you touch the little triangle with the house on it in the corner, it looks up your location and lets you choose that.

Does anyone know of an app that will set off a notification every hour? It doesn't need to do anything else, just make a sound at the top of the hour.

Fat Whale
Feb 20, 2012

O O O O O O O O O O
Looking for a good writing app with Dropbox integration.

Kameleon
Jan 11, 2006

gay for johnny deLOL BAT COUNTRY

Stick 'hourly chime' into the market search bar and something should come up.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Books get updates?!

We have always been at war with Eurasia. :tinfoil:

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination
Google play 3.5.15 is rolling out. It adds "Installed" and "All" tabs to My apps, the ability to sort reviews by Helpful/Newest as well as the ability to filter out reviews for other devices/older versions. It also fixes some issues with updates/installation.

Direct APK download for the impatient: http://lts.cr/Be2R

Vagrancy fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Mar 16, 2012

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Does anyone know of an app that will set off a notification every hour? It doesn't need to do anything else, just make a sound at the top of the hour.

As always, Tasker.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Vagrancy posted:

Google play 3.5.15 is rolling out. It adds "Installed" and "All" tabs to My apps, the ability to sort reviews by Helpful/Newest as well as the ability to filter out reviews for other devices/older versions. It also fixes some issues with updates/installation.

Direct APK download for the impatient: http://lts.cr/Be2R

Finally. The one thing I always liked about the iOS App Store over the Market was that the App Store showed reviews for the current version, so you didn't have to read through a bunch of reviews about bugs that were fixed months ago.

edit: not seeing how to mess with reviews shown

Edit2: never mind, have to click on "see all" first.

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 16, 2012

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

MrKatharsis posted:

Yep, that exact thing happened to me. I'm reading it on my PC now.
No issues with kindle on my android phone.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I don't think you can, but if you touch the little triangle with the house on it in the corner, it looks up your location and lets you choose that.

I messaged the developers of the app after posting that question, because I also noticed that it was reporting 500+ downloads so it must have just been released.

I was told "follow me is one of our most requested features and we are currently working tirelessly to incorporate it into the application."

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

grover posted:

No issues with kindle on my android phone.

Will kindle on android allow me to read google play books? The kindle app came pre-installed on my phone but I haven't set it up yet.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

MrKatharsis posted:

Will kindle on android allow me to read google play books? The kindle app came pre-installed on my phone but I haven't set it up yet.

Out of curiousity, why would you want to do that rather than just using the Google Books app?

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
His book, previously readable, was updated and now causes the Google Books app to FC.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW

MrKatharsis posted:

Short answer: no, they use different licensing systems.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
It'd also be nice to have all of one!s books in one place.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

A Pinball Wizard posted:

It'd also be nice to have all of one!s books in one place.

Not going to happen with today's screwed up book DRM and licensing. Sucks the big one.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Those are all really good reasons.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Poweramp question:

I was drawing Lady Gaga on Draw Something last night and used the player screen on Poweramp as a reference. I poked the album cover a bunch of times (to stop the screen from sleeping) and I must have pressed something wrong because now the album art's not there anymore. I tried everything (different album cover settings, restoring an older TB backup of Poweramp, deleting and adding the album again, poking randomly around the screen). Any ideas?

http://imgur.com/8FgrW

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away
You probably messed up the ID3 tag somehow. Try adding the album again and see if that works. If not, add the albm cover to the tag.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Cleared Album cache in Poweramp and it worked itself out. Not sure what happened there.

Does anyone have a problem with Google Play Music crashing when scrolling in portrait?

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
Is Android Beam exclusive to ICS? - as in, can a Galaxy Nexus (ICS) and Nexus S (GB) pass webpages and what-have-you back and forth just by tapping their backs together?

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

spincube posted:

Is Android Beam exclusive to ICS? - as in, can a Galaxy Nexus (ICS) and Nexus S (GB) pass webpages and what-have-you back and forth just by tapping their backs together?

This is an ICS feature.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Web Jew.0 posted:

Does anyone have a problem with Google Play Music crashing when scrolling in portrait?
You can scroll in portrait? gently caress, you can scroll in landscape?

UncleNaughtyFingers
Apr 29, 2008

Web Jew.0 posted:

Poweramp question:

When you long press the album art it searches for alternative album art(by id3 tag Google image search I think).
You may have brought up that menu and got what you had when you randomly tapped.
Just long press again and select whatever art you want in the future if it ever happens again.

UncleNaughtyFingers fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 17, 2012

Ciabatta
Aug 20, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

LastInLine posted:

You can scroll in portrait? gently caress, you can scroll in landscape?

Really? I've had no issues ever with Music. Scrolling (even in landscape!) is smooth, even with a few thousand songs, making playlists, pinning stuff, streaming, etc etc. Since it has lockscreen and notification controls in ICS, I haven't had any desire to look for an alternate music app. Is it buggy for most people or missing features many can't do without?

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Is the new Beautiful Widgets hosed up for anyone else?

The weather widget can't consistently get a GPS fix and it decides to tell me this by putting a big error message in my notification bar

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I switched to weatherlove because it looks amazing with ICS. It has a lot of widget choices, so it's a decent replacement for beautiful widgets if it's hosed.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

Not going to happen with today's screwed up book DRM and licensing. Sucks the big one.

I believe the phrase is "web 2.0".

I'm being literal, it is most of the cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I'm working on woofi a little bit again.

Right now I'm working on WiFi connection quality testing. In other words, you can configure woofi to turn off WiFi if your connection is lovely (based upon speedtests or latency).

Also, working on the ability to launch AirDroid automatically when connected to your networks.

• Locked thread