Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steriletom
May 11, 2009

My inability to write has angered the ghost of Thunderdome! Beware my example, lest you be haunted.

thegreatcodfish posted:

Is slideit any good, or should I just wait for swype to support the galaxy nexus? Its on the market for .99 right now.

I prefer slideit to swype. I started with sliedit so that might be why, though. Main reason I prefer slideit is when I go with an incorrect word, hitting delete takes out the whole word in one go rather than having to hit delete for every character. Note that I only spent five minutes with swype before deciding to go back to slideit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

My inability to write has angered the ghost of Thunderdome! Beware my example, lest you be haunted.
Will Car Home ever be updated for ICS? Unless Google has decided to stop support for this app, it seems kind of ridiculous that it has not been updated yet.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

letsgoflyers81 posted:

I've been using Car Widget on my GN. You add a widget to your home screen instead of having a second car mode home screen. One of the themes copies Google Car Home very well so I don't miss the actual app at all.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.anod.car.home.free

Edit: Here's how I have mine set.

Looks pretty nifty. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow. Thanks.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

hooah posted:

I have two questions regarding Facebook stuff:
1) Am I crazy, or did the official FB app, right after the redesign, let you see a sort of photo newsfeed? As in, you could tap the newspaper icon, then choose "news feed", "photos", etc.

2) Is there a scrollable, resizeable widget that works for ICS? I've tried Wizz, but it shits itself when I first tell it to refresh ("Unfortunately, Wizz has stopped"). Colorize needs me to log in in the Android settings, but that's apparently not available yet in 4.0.2.

1) Yes, you are correct. I'm not sure what happened, but I noticed that the option was no longer available a couple of weeks ago.
2) Any widget at all? I have simple calendar widget on my homescreen. Resizeable and scrolls just fine.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Dickeye posted:

How do I match the ICS theme in Widgetsoid?

http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/1819186/Ice_Cream_Sandwich

Here are the colour codes for the ICS themes. Adjust your icons and the bottom part of the toggle to match the light blue using custom colour selection.

It'll look like this when you're done:

Steriletom fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 3, 2012

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

az jan jananam posted:

How did you get the notification background to be anything but gray? My background never changes.

Try to set the alpha level to 100 percent.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Facebook app got an update today. Claims to be doing push notifications again. Not cool enough to have had any notifications yet. Anyone able to confirm that it works?

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

brc64 posted:

I still can't believe you cannot not like (or even view likes) on photo comments with the app yet. I pretty much only use the app for push notifications and the mobile site for everything else.

Go into a picture, tap the picture, select what you want to do in the bottom right.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

ManMythLegend posted:

I want to like the Chrome beta but it's tough to surf a page like SA because there's no way to change the size and format of the page. I can make the text bigger but all of the buttons and stuff are still super tiny. Hopefully they'll add default zoom settings into the final version.

Very few forums translate well to mobile browsers. What's wrong with the awful app?

Does the Chrome browser not have a "save for offline reading" feature? I can't find anything.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Lprsti99 posted:

I tried it, but it doesn't seem to have a "quick compose" popup, which is what I really want.

I seem to remember it having what you want pre-ICS. Maybe it'll come back.

In regards to chrome tab sync, I had to sign out of my account in chrome on my computer and sign back in before it would work for me.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

1) Does anyone else have "Episodes for Android"? Calendar integration doesn't seem to be working, which kind of makes the entire app pointless. Is it just me experiencing this issue?

2) I'm still pretty ticked about not being able to turn off notification sounds while leaving the ringer on. Does the fact that I am now rooted give me an option to fix this without installing a custom rom?

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Lprsti99 posted:

I'm using Elixir 2 (because of someone in this thread), and it has separate sliders for ringer volume and notification volume. Not used them myself, but it's free!

Just tried this and while the app has separate settings for notification and ringer volume, adjusting automatically adjusts the other even if the app displays the two as being different.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Splizwarf posted:

Try AudioManager, a goon-loved classic from bygone days. If that doesn't work for you, it's your phone/ROM loving up.

Are you running stock ICS? In Audiomanager I can't modify the notification setting. However, when I move the setting for "ringer volume" the notification setting moves in unison.

http://www.galaxynexusforum.com/forum/galaxy-nexus-general-discussion/1920-gn-ics-combining-notification-ring-volume-sliders.html

This thread I found through google makes it apparent that it's not just me. I tried using switchpro widget as suggested in the last post of that thread but can't find notification volume in the global list of controls.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Splizwarf posted:

No, Gingerbread. My bad, didn't realize ICS changed that. Kind of a dick move. :(

Yeah, I know. I'm tired of being woken up by notifications but I refuse to turn off my ringer as I have had family/friends contact me in the middle of the night before with legit emergencies.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Lprsti99 posted:

This is what I do, works a treat. Even better, this way you can filter who gets to wake you up! No more calls at 6:30 in the morning from work trying to get me to come in!

Can you share your settings? I've been trying for the past half hour but have not gotten the desired effect.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

On the topic of Google Music: Am I the only person in Canada to have received an official invite? I got it a couple of weeks ago and figured that a Canadian roll out was in progress but I have not heard of any other Canadian receiving access since.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

I'm trying to buy a book but when I go to purchase it's telling me my credit card is not supported. It's the same credit card I use to buy all my books and apps from the market and I just checked with a few other apps and books and there does not appear to be a problem. Anyone have a clue what the issue could be?

On a related note, Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly by Anthony Bourdain is on sale for 25 cents if anyone else is interested. I've always heard very good things about this book. Would really like to be able to snap it up for this cheap.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Whatever the issue was has been corrected. Book purchased. Recommend you people snap it up as well. Just a quarter, mang.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Has Haxsync stopped updating contact photos for anyone else? Stopped doing so a while ago for me. I've gone into sync and made sure it's turned on. It even says that it synced up yesterday but I only see status updates being refreshed not pictures. Anything else I should be taking a look at?

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

az jan jananam posted:

If your friends have tight privacy settings, Haxsync can't update their picture. You have to remove your Haxsync account and log back in to force an update. The developer said he is working on a fix.

I definitely have contacts who have previously had their contact photo update not updating any more. Unless they changed their privacy settings simultaneously and recently(doubt it), it's not an existing problem with the app.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Skeezy posted:

So LevelUp Studio is working on Plume 3.0 right now and one of the major changes is a new UI that works with ICS. Right now there is an alpha build up for 3.0 but it is far from finished (couple bugs and some icons are not final).

You can download the build here: http://levelupstudio.com/betatest/index.php?topic=173.0 (you'll need to register, but it's worth it cause they release updates everyday pretty much).

Here's what it looks like right now:

----

Somehow they got the ActionBar to work in Gingerbread? If I remember right I think this is how they got it http://actionbarsherlock.com/

I watched Hanna last night. What a letdown.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

I downloaded Tunnel In radio a couple of months ago but only started using it heavily today. I had zero expectation of it integrating with the lock screen music player functionality but it appears that it does. Pretty sweet seeing how I usually have no idea who I'm listening to on the radio.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Android problems. Android life.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Android problems. Android life.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Double post problems. Double post life.

Triple, to be exact.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Is there any way to get ICS music controls to work with Widget Locker?

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Asking again because I didn't get an answer and I'm persistent: Is there a way to get ICS music controls into widget locker? It's not something I'm going to stick with if I can't get them in there.

For content, Nova Launcher just got an update and it has some pretty sweet new features. Main ones:

-Ability to make the app drawer transparent in degrees.
-Create folders in the app drawer or alternatively create a new group in the tabs at the top of the app drawer.(Prime version only)
-Add 1x1 widgets to the dock
-Activities short cut. Allows you to create shortcuts on the home screen with direct actions(i.e. Compose new email).
-A bunch of other stuff that isn't important to me.

Screenshot of the first two features in action:

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

TV Show Favs just started going haywire on me. Starts up on its own and immediately crashes launching an unexpected failure message in my notification bar again and again and again. Anyone else experience this with this app before?

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

fuf posted:

Is there a small widget that will show the last 3 or 4 people I contacted with little buttons for phone and sms?

Also sometimes in screenshots I see that people have the apps on their homescreen organised into little areas with a border around them and a title like "games". Like a folder that is always open. What's a good app/widget for doing that? (Or is it an alternative launcher?)

Any other tips for good ways to utilise homescreen space? I feel like Sense isn't really taking advantage of my massive screen.

What the post directly below yours says + Circle Launcher.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

For anyone interested, Kitchen Confidential can finally be read on the Gnex. I'm guessing it's because of Jellybean.

Related, why does Google Books tell me the actual page I would be on in the actual book rather than recalculating page counts based on how the specific device is displaying the book? Am I missing something in the settings?

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

What is the best Any.Do replacement out there which would allow me to set the background on the widget as transparent? Wish Any.Do allowed for this.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

Due Today.

Tried it. Wasn't my cup of tea but I didn't get my refunded when I uninstalled it so I guess I'll try and make it work.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Scoremobile has videos. Something called the "Footy Show" is posted every day and I'm assuming it would have soccer highlights. Not sure if it'll work for you, though, as I haven't been able to play video without crashing the app since I upgraded to Jellybean.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Gothmog1065 posted:

Maybe it was in the old goon wiki, but wasn't there an app that let you put all of your "rewards" cards for stores on your phone where they could scan it on your phone?

Keyring.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Is there any way to stop the Phone app from building up a frequently called list in the contacts section?

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Other than randomly telling me the weather occasionally, Google Now does poo poo all for me.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Geektox posted:

Are you outside of the United States? I'm in Canada, and I had to check "Use Google.com" under the search settings for Now.

Yep, in Canada. Just checked it off. Thanks!

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Am I retarded or is there no Amazon app for Canada? I've been checking off and on for two years. I would assume that nothing exists based on my searches but the size of Android's market penetration makes me think that I'm missing something obvious.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Jeopardy recently came out with an app. Two dollars. Well worth it if you are into trivia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that The Score released A Holo design. Looks amazing now.

• Locked thread