Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
So maybe one of you may be able to help out a goon with no money. I have the TF201 and download the SwiftKey Tablet X trial, where can I get an app that has the same thumb keyboard layout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
This might not be the right thread for this, but I am looking for an app. The may only works with rooted devices I'm sure.

I want an app that will let me increase the volume output of my headphone plugin past what it is capable of doing.

Edit: \/ \/ \/ Do you know of any other apps that can do this, but don't have features locked away behind the screen of a pro version?

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 5, 2012

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the PSX4Droid 3.0.5 APK?

The guy who was releasing it on the Market had the app removed by Google and had his Google Checkout account deleted without any word from Google. Said guy who was releasing it, put it up on his website for me.

http://www.zodttd.com/wp/2011/04/psx4droid-updated-to-3-0-5/#more-612

Sadly though, the download link now 404s on me. It was posted over a year ago though.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know of a free alternative to USB/BT Joystick Center?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I may have a problem with my browser on my TF-201. Sometimes when loading web pages it'll 'load' the page. All it shows though is a white back ground. It will continue to do this, but only for that web page. To fix it I either have to back up a few pages, go to a different web page then I go back to the link I was trying to view.

Does anyone else experience this and is there a possible fix for it?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm looking for a video player that will play HD content through hardware. I found VPlayer and it's playing a HD rips just fine. I just want to make sure there isn't some other better choice out there before I spend $2 o the full version. I have a Transformer Prime ICS.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

SlayVus posted:

I'm looking for a video player that will play HD content through hardware. I found VPlayer and it's playing a HD rips just fine. I just want to make sure there isn't some other better choice out there before I spend $2 o the full version. I have a Transformer Prime ICS.

Just wanted to make sure this didn't get lost without an answer and I have another question.

Are there any other keyboard apps that have usage statistics like SwiftKey has?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I just learned of a new Homescreen/Launcher that is being developed. It's called Chameleon(http://chameleon.teknision.com/) and it looks awesome. It looks just like what Android needs if it could get an OEM backer. I love the style and customizability. Recently, they made a Kickstarter to determine if there is even a market for Chameleon.

They're looking for $50,000 to test the waters and a minimum of $5 will get you the app when it's released.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gaborvida/chameleon-a-better-home-screen-for-your-android-ta/posts

Edit: As indicated on by the first post on the next page this is only meant for Tablets.

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 18, 2012

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone else experienced anything like this with Splashtop?

I have a DLink DIR-655 router setup as an AP behind a Cisco DPC3825 modem/router.

I just updated both my Splashtop Streamer client, Splashtop 2 HD app and Splashtop THD app. All apps and clients have the appropriate Splashtop password, GMail discovery account information and security code if applicable. The S2HD will connect to my computer when the SS client PC is connected to the AP. STHD will only connect to the SSCPC when it connected to the Cisco router/modem. It does not make sense for S2HD to connect to the SSCPC when it is on the AP, but STHD will not connect on the same setup.

I would just stay connected to the Cisco, but it's wireless speed adversely affects the streaming capabilities of Splashtop.

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 23, 2012

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Pandora is the only free one I can think of.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
How can I increase the scroll speed of Chrome? The stock browser you can flick up/down to scroll fast through pages, on Chrome it's slow no matter how hard or fast you flick the screen.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Gyshall posted:

What phone are you on? Chrome can kill phones/tablets if they are not up to the task hardware wise.

Tf700. My problem is the stock android browser scrolls faster through web pages than Chrome does. I want know if it is possible to increase it's scrolling speed.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm looking for a lite launcher for my ASUS TF700. I want to replace the stoxk one as it eats up 30MB of RAM. I also have another app called System UI that eats up another 30, but not much I can do about that.

I want to reduce a lot of RAM usage by either replacing or removing apps.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Wasn't your Transformer destroyed by a repair shop?

It was, but I got a replacement. I will sell the other one when I get it back from the repair shop.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Cross posting this from the Android gaming thread

HJE-Cobra posted:

:siren:
Whoa dawgs, free Android controller device and download code for Modern Combat 4? All you pay for is shipping? Whaaaat.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/poweramobility/moga-modern-combat-4-secret-santa/391497220932391

Unfortunately their site is (understandably) getting hammered, so good luck actually connecting to get it. But there you go. Haven't seen this mentioned, so figured I'd share, even though it lessens my chances of connecting to get it myself.

There is a universal driver for this on Play.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Any one know of a diagramming app? I need to diagram the layout of a building.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Why can I scroll fast in Chrome? The stock browser for Android lets you flick the screen to scroll through pages fast. However using Chrome flicking the screen does nothing.

I have both Chrome and Chrome beta.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXwfpbUCmuQ

No flick scrolling here...

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

I can be the only one getting this, can I?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Is there any 'best' launcher for tablets?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Why do ad blocking apps no longer work on my tf700 with CleanROM?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm having problems with Titanium backup pro. I downloaded plants vs zombies 2 on my phone because my tablet is incompatible on the play store. I tried backing up the app with TB, but TB on my taker says that the zip file had no data in it. Anything I can try to get it to work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
No, my tablet is still on a custom 4.1(or 4.2), but I know it isn't 4.3

• Locked thread