Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Grumpwagon posted:

Is it bad that for all new android devices (except for nexus stuff), all my hopes and dreams are pinned on Cyanogen coming to that device?

A fully functional CM7/9 port is the only way I could see getting a Fire.

Pay an extra $50 for the Nook Tablet (once it gets CM7), better hardware and better unlocking track record.

Cakefool posted:

Congratulations on destroying a working phone, also, clean your microwave & if you breathed that smoke in you've now got cancer.

Seconding this, you just basically burned $200ish dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Splizwarf posted:

Soliciting a Google Music invite from anyone at this point (username at gmail), would like to get in before the clock ticks 12 tonight.

A question has come up as my wife and I have talked about tablets tonight: can a rooted Nook Simple Touch run the Kindle Android app? I found a small "yes" with my googling but couldn't tell if that was pleasantly useful or just a barely-functional proof-of-concept.

Her main issue is a lot of her books are in .mobi and none of the format converters we've tried have done a great job (mostly leaving a shitload of arrows all over the place).

I haven't heard much on the nodding community for the new eink nook. Either way, have you tried caliber for converting? Works great for me going the other way (epub to mobi).

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Friendcaster for my tablet was working ok, but recently has started just sucking (specifically it doesn't update status stuff or anthing). Any recommendations on a better tablet optimized facebook app?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Stock android Browser for both honeycomb and gingerbread for me. Never bothered me much, although honeycomb on the transformer still has web page lag at times.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Hey, they finally updated the NFL Mobile app to "Support Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich devices" (of which there is 1 in retail existence), and guess what, it STILL DOESN'T loving WORK! It's some kind of joke they're playing.

At least that app is decent. The NHL app is still a joke.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So apparently HTC killed the ability to disable the shutter sound on the stock, non rooted HTC evo 3D. This also is already driving my fiance crazy. Any thoughts on fixing it?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
OK, so I have the following devices:

LG flat screen and xbox 360
Android phones
Asus transformer
Macbook
Windows 7 laptop

I am thinking it would be nice to have a decent, wireless sound system to stream music too. The biggest one I would like it to interact with are my Android devices: I would place it with my tv so it would be wired there, and streaming from my laptops aren't a necessity.

I use two music services: RDio and Google Music.

I don't need a huge expensive system, just something medium. Honestly, I don't even want a huge system, because then it's a hassle every time I move.

Thoughts on a good solution? Specifically streaming from Android devices?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

godzirraRAWR posted:

All of the newer receivers that I've been looking at lately come with bluetooth. Or you could get a lesser receiver, and just get a bluetooth dongle that you can connect to, and have it plugged into whatever input you want.

That would do the trick, I'll start looking around the serious hardware forum for recommendations on systems. Thanks!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So I posted a day or so ago about sound systems. Now this is leaked:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2012/02/google-building-home-entertainment-system-for-wireless-music-streaming.ars

Damnit, I wanted something in the next few months, but now I am tempted to "suffer" waiting for this. Realy white people problems right here.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm trying out the chrome beta and almost all pages get the mobile view. Can't find an option to prefer desktop view. Help?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I use Google voice, but use two numbers (one is for work). Any third party Google voice app that works as well as the official one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I need a very simple note app that does a few things:

-Takes typed notes
-Requires a password
-Cross platform between iOS and Android

I was using Catch but they are killing the app completely by end of the month. So I need something else. Suggestions?

• Locked thread