Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis
I'm looking for a good, simple SMS app that works like the stock app, except for the ability to send mass texts by selecting names from my contact list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis

Dark Knight posted:

Cross-posting from the general android thread:

So I'm working on setting my old Eris up as a media device for my car. I've got Spotify premium so I load music on via the app (as I no longer have mobile data). I run the audio in through a 3mm cable to my stereo. It gets power via the AC outlet.

However, what I'd like to do is set it up so that it begins playing automatically when I start the car. The phone should detect that it's receiving power and begin playing through Spotify.

I know Tasker is the go-to app for this sort of problem, but from what I've read it doesn't yet have the ability to directly control Spotify beyond starting the app. Is this true? I'd rather not plunk down the 6 or 7 bucks for Tasker if it won't even do what I need.
If you're just playing local files and not streaming, why even use the Spotify app? Just use the stock music player.

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis

A Pinball Wizard posted:

So Google's "25 cent stuff every day" lasted... what, a week?

As they said it would.

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis

SpacePig posted:

I like Another World's approach to it, where it says "Do you want to run it", and you can pick now and never heard of it again.

That's how pretty much every OF-enabled game I've played does it. The first time you launch the game it asks you whether you want to use OF, and if you select "no" it never asks you again. I've never found it to be a particular annoyance.

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis

LastInLine posted:

Does this keep a wakelock while it's counting down?

Yeah, it's an option in the settings.

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.onx.app

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis
Yeah, nothing on mine either. I'm pretty anal about my privacy settings though, so something I set might be preventing it from happening.

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis
I used Wabbitemu to extract a ROM from the TI-83+'s system software, but trying to run the ROM in Andie Graph just gives me a blank screen:

The only link cable I have for my 83+ is about a million years old and has a 9-pin serial connector, so I'm pretty much out of luck there. Can anyone here tell me how they created a working ROM from the .8xu file available from TI?

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis
Thanks for reminding me of the Kin; I haven't had a good guffaw yet this morning.

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis
FBReader is the one that irritated me the least when I was looking for an ePub reader.

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis

Skeezy posted:

Send me your email and I'll give you an invite.

Heck if anyone want's one I'll send you an invite. Although I guess it's quicker now.

Email removed. Thanks again.

moms pubis fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jun 28, 2012

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis

Sereri posted:

Maybe now the remaining ~5% Pre-Froyo will finally die.

The mobile website shall live eternal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis

Boywunda posted:

I read my books in smallest font, so as long as I can fit page to screen, I'm fine with the smaller print, so I think the N7 will be just fine. In regards to my "stolen files", *most* everyone does it, so I'm not ashamed of it.

That's cool and all, I guess, but if you keep posting about it you're probably going to get banned.

• Locked thread