Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

SplitSoul posted:

Well poo poo. Guess I'm stuck without app updates until they push a new Market, if the next one even works. Goddamnit.

If you're rooted you can freeze Market Updater with Titanium Backup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

SplitSoul posted:

Will renaming the .apk have the same effect? I've tried installing older versions, but the Market seems to update almost instantly.

Yeah I think so. You should be able to freeze/rename it (it's located at /system/app/MarketUpdater.apk on my phone), uninstall any updates that you already have and it won't update anymore. I did this for the longest time to avoid updating to the latest market.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

Does anyone know of a Sense clock app clone? Not the widget, but the app that has alarms, a countdown and a stopwatch. It's one of the things I miss from Sense and I can't find an app that has all of these features.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

Vykk.Draygo posted:

On the topic of chrome to phone, it doesn't even work for me any more. Likely because I've flashed so many roms and there's an activation limit, but no way to clear it. I simply can't login anymore.

It's not working for me either

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

I don't think this has been mentioned. You can now delete apps from your Amazon account so you can get rid of the lovely free apps you've ordered or stuff you've purchased in the Android market since getting it for free.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/your-account/myapps

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

Nova Launcher Prime is on sale for 25 cents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

Songza is free with no audio ads and Slacker is free with ads.

• Locked thread