Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My Widgetlocker battery info says 100% all the time. It's not really a big deal because it's hidden until I touch the clock but does anybody else have this problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I use Vignette. I love it but haven't tried many other camera apps so there might be better out there.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

nickhimself posted:

Okay goons, help me out here.

This is the app I'm looking for:

wifi and/or bluetooth connectivity to my computer
functions as a mouse
functions as a keyboard

I've found many apps that work as a mouse over wifi, I've not really found any that work as a mouse and keyboard. I haven't seen any that allow bluetooth connectivity.

I REALLY want to be able to use my phone as a mouse/keyboard connected to my tablet PC over bluetooth.

Try Mobile Mouse

It works through Wifi, but it's the best mouse app I've used yet.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

grover posted:

I'm really unhappy with the standard "Messaging" widget, too. I don't mind unlocking the screen, but would like to know if I've got 2 or 20 messages before I start swiping through them all. What other alternatives are out there?

I've been rocking Handcent as my go-to messaging app since I had my Hero forever ago.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

hooah posted:

Speaking of AirDroid, why does it suck at texts? I have to refresh it to see the new message that I hear from my phone's notification, and messages often fail to send.

In my experience if the text had to be split into two texts due to length it never sends it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I updated my Evo to an ICS rom and I can't find an option in Vignette (or the default ICS camera, for that matter) to use my front facing camera. Is this an issue with my ICS build that I'm using or am I just not looking hard enough?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah, that button definitely isn't on mine. What the hell :mad:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Ten seconds on XDA led me to this. As far as I can tell, it doesn't work in any ICS ROM for the EVO 4G. I assume you're talking about the 4G and not the 3D.

I assumed that was the case, thanks.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Skam posted:

I really need an app that is capable of reading and editing open office files

I have looked all around the app store and cant find anything

Using a tablet on android 3.2 (i think) if that makes a difference

Quick Office Pro. There's a free trial, I think. I got it a while ago for free from Amazon's FAOTD (but I've since deleted Amazon's App store so it's moot :v: )

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Vignette is a much better camera app and has any filter you'll ever need, plus it's easy as hell to just share it right to twitter/facebook. drat kids and their Instagram :corsair:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I switched to GoLauncher from Launcher Pro plus and never looked back. Best launcher out there imo

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kazy posted:

What's a good weather app? Preferably optimized for ICS. Right now I'm just using AccuWeather and it's ugly.

Do you mean a link to Accuweather? I just use Beautiful Widgets 4x1 weather panel for a quick glance but I have a link to the Wunderground page for my city on another screen for when I need to see details.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Does anybody with the Swiftkey 3 beta and Handcent notice the prediction doesn't work on the popup? Is it possible to change this?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cakefool posted:

This. I've not stopped using Launcher Pro just because its abandonware, both it & substrate work & aren't missing any killer features I can't live without.

Though a hex colour picker for the background would be nice, but black is pretty classy.

I haven't stopped using LPP because it's abandonware, but I have stopped using it because other supported launchers (like Go Launcher) are much more featured now than LPP ever was. It was good at the time, but since he's stopped updating it other ones have surpassed it. Hell, Go Launcher is free and has more features than LPP ever did.

Also Substrate is awesome. I just wish 1) the white background worked, and 2) there were background colors other than black or white to choose from.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So Comcast Xfinity finally released their streaming app for Android, and god drat is it sweet. It includes HBO and Showtime if you have subs for them. It asked me for root permission though. Wha?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

PREYING MANTITS posted:

Could be like netflix (used?) to do and check for root, if it was a rooted device it would refuse to let you watch stuff. I guess it was just one of the DRM checks.

Figures, I switch from Comcast and they get all these goodies. Now I use Charter and it's like going back to a provider from 1994..yeesh.

I accepted it and it still works for me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So the new Swiftkey 3 beta version still doesn't work with Handcent popups :(

Edit: Wait, it does work sometimes..

explosivo fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 5, 2012

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Did the latest Pandora update gently caress up the playback on 3g for anyone else here? I read the app comments and it seems to be mostly rooted phones with JB roms that are having this problem. The new design looks so nice, too :smith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

bomblol posted:

I've been using Mobile Mouse as my pc input thing, but it kinda blows. I'm looking at something with both keyboard/mouse and media controls. Suggestions?

Look no further than Unified Remote, my friend. Kb/m support as well as media remotes for just about everything under the sun.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just ordered some NFC tags off of Amazon, what's my best option for getting the most out of them? NFC Task Launcher + Tasker?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

NFC tags came today, and I gotta say, just in the hour I've been loving with them I'm pretty impressed. I haven't even had to use Tasker, NFC Task Launcher is just so good. Now I just need to start coming up with some uses for these things outside of the standard 'car mode in the car, silent with wifi at work, alarm on your nightstand' kind of stuff.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there a way to have an nfc tag automatically connect to a bluetooth source rather than just turn bluetooth on or off? I have NFC Task Launcher and Tasker (which I have no idea how to use). I know with this app I can have it connect to a specific wifi network, but I'm looking for the same with Bluetooth. I got a bluetooth Soundfreaq speaker for Christmas and want to put a tag on it that will automatically connect to it when scanned.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there a different Android Wear app for Lollipop? Since upgrading, my notifications on my watch are hosed and I assume it has something to do with these new priority rules in 5.0. The "Mute connected phone" option in the app doesn't do anything anymore and muting my phone mutes the watch notifications now too. They seemed to have bungled things up with Wear and Lollipop and I'm a little disappointed so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Vagrancy posted:

No problems here, which Lollipop phone do you have?

Tried "Mute connected phone" and it works exactly how I remember it from the short time I used it in KitKat: Blocks sound and vibrate from all notifications except calls and alarms, disables when the watch is docked/charging. The only thing new is that it makes itself known in the 5.0 volume dialog:

I have an S5, and that's strange because I definitely don't see the same kind of notification. What's stranger is now it seems like muting my phone has the same effect on my watch, where before I could mute the watch independently from my phone. I looked it up online and saw a bunch of other posts saying they were having similar problems, but they were all from a few months ago so I figured it was all patched out by now

• Locked thread