Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

Space Hamlet posted:

This is my new favorite thing, anyone know anything else along these lines? The electronics are appreciated but not mandatory.

That's not jazz. It's not bad though. I assume you've checked out Four Tet? Specifically "Rounds"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

pseudospectral posted:

There's a track in the Blade Runner soundtrack that I really like (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE94k-TvgOE , you can skip to around 3:00), but I really don't know anything about jazz so I'm not sure what genre of jazz to look up to find similar sounding pieces. Any ideas?

It has saxophone in it. You also often hear saxophone in jazz ensembles. Look for music with Saxophone

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

Kraxis posted:

So yeah could you recommend me some stuff that is some combination of hip hop/new orleans/latin/jazz that doesn't sound like strange fruit era miles davies and that you'd be allowed to clap along to? TIA

I recommedn The Wire, YMMV, YW, NP

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Knock knock

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Darkjazz

• Locked thread