Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010
Any fans of some more contemporary/weird/European genres like dark jazz (Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble, Bohren und der Club of Gore, Dale Cooper and the Dictaphones, etc) and just European (and often scandinavian) stuff like Esbjorn Svensson Trio, Kjetil Møster, Nils Peter Molvær, Supersilent, Nik Bartsch's Ronin, Jan Garbarek, Mathias Eick, Jaga Jazzist, etc.

I was really surprised when I heard Leucocyte by Esbjorn Svenssion Trio, that album is so incredibly heavy. His other albums, including the softer ones are absolutely amazing too. It's quite sad that he passed away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010
I'd say that as a whole genre, jazz and ESPECIALLY fusion, has the worst covers ever.

A friend recently showed me this really awesome Australian jazz band that sometimes get quite experimental called The Necks. I highly recommend them!

I'm also forming an electro-acoustic dark jazz band with some guys from the conservatory hehe

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010
Just got into an ECM mood the last few days. Oh boy, here goes many many hours of listening to relaxing music

• Locked thread