Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bloody Mayhem
Jan 25, 2007

Victimology is all over the place!

Barehanded Brother posted:

welp, here's my full version of "In GBS". I re-recorded the whole thing so it may sound marginally better than the first time around (which was right after I woke up).

Enjoy, and of course anyone is welcome to blow me out of the water :krakken:

http://tindeck.com/listen/rqdq

jigsaw why u edit lyrics after i record :argh:

This needs to be on SAclopedia somewhere with all the other songs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I'm trying to work out how to do a photoshoppy-type thing inspired by this thread. Anyone with know-how able to help me out with advice? This is my first serious effort, and all I have available is Corel Paint Shop Pro...

E:This is what I have so far. I'm currently trying to add lines to his left foot so that it looks more like a fish tail, then I'll have to remove his right leg and somehow fill in the background, and add a fish-scale effect (if such a thing exists) to his left leg. It'll probably be unfinished so if anyone else wants to pick up what I've started and claim the credit themselves, they can. Note that this is not a request to do my photoshop for me.

E2: Decided to abandon it: I haven't the skills nor time at the minute. To be clear about things, I've removed the image.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Looked at a few pages of the thread at work, laughed a little. Come home and check SA 5 hours later to the best thread ever. Thanks GBS!

this one guy
Mar 15, 2006

Beneath Apple ProDOS
FOR USERS OF APPLE II PLUS, APPLE IIe AND APPLE IIc COMPUTERS
It's not much, but I hope the Surfrider Foundation enjoys my :10bux: in "loving memory of Sponrad."

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
Sponrad's sacrifice has lead to goons donating money to charity? This is why I love SA.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

hxcorpse posted:

Sponrad's sacrifice has lead to goons donating money to charity? This is why I love SA.

Don't forget the tens of thousands donated to a Japan relief fund just to see a guy permabanned.

Action Potential
Sep 7, 2004
Honestly the most surprising thing about this thread is that the mermaids turned out pretty normal.

Was fully expecting a hilarious blowup from mermaid shelly about mersecution when she showed up in the thread.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Barehanded Brother posted:

welp, here's my full version of "In GBS". I re-recorded the whole thing so it may sound marginally better than the first time around (which was right after I woke up).

Enjoy, and of course anyone is welcome to blow me out of the water :krakken:

http://tindeck.com/listen/rqdq

:worship::worship::worship:

Truly you are a king of kings.

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.
Best Mod Challenge yet. I never expected to learn so much about mermaid culture from what seemed like a banme thread.

telefono
Mar 18, 2009

ground sloths ONLY
At the bottom of this thread, beneath the waves, there is a sunken galleon filled with shining ingots, each stamped with a "5."

The goldmine will never be the same now that this crown jewel has emerged from the deep.

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Butterflies fluttering on my face!

Mermaid Shelly, I love your mermaid tails! When I was a little girl I used to make tails for my Barbies and play in the bathtub for hours. This thread made the little girl in me giggle so much and very, very happy:unsmith:

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007
This thread delivers so much it could put FedEx out of business.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Mermaid Shelly, you a truly excellent individual. It takes a lot to touch a jaded and cynical bastard like me, not to mention all the other jackasses on these forums. I wish you nothing but the best.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Well, this thread is the best ever. Yep.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Mermaids...the subjects of so many wonderful songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZLhUik0tSU

Apathy Inspired
Feb 15, 2008
Yes I am awake, Thank you for asking.
What a fantastic thread. Well done challengers, songs, artwork and educational to boot! Well done everyone! Excellent work! I rarely laugh sitting alone at my computer, this thread had me giggling and laughing like a kid. :bravo:

mombot
Sep 28, 2010

mmmmmwah - Trophy kisses!

Did my song download okay. No one mentioned it, so just being sure it worked okay. Or maybe I was just that bad. :ohdear:

Wotan
Aug 15, 2009

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

CaptBubba posted:

Many beer recipes, especially very small brewers and homebrew, use algae or a shellfish derivative as a clarifying agent. Would that be good enough?

That's up to Daddy Triton. I know nothing of their beer laws. Maybe they drink fermented squid ink.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Isinglass finings are used for real ale. It's made from sturgeon swim bladders

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

Good-night, sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.
Shelly, please make a thread in Ask/Tell about your Mermaid adventures once this thread gets put into the Goldmine. Goons would love to hear even more about it and your lines of work if this thread is evidence.

TED BUNNDY
May 30, 2009

SO HUNGRY
Pork Pro
Anybody remember "The Chris Isaak Show?" He had a mermaid in a bigass aquarium at his house and it was baller as gently caress. Not like a pet or anything, it was more like his best buddy happened to be a mermaid and they were roommates.

RobattoJesus posted:

Also what would happen if a mermaid fell in love with a centaur? Would the two magic parts cancel out and make a human, or is this how seahorses are made?

:stare: Holy poo poo I need answers immediately.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I'm not sure how I managed to miss this thread, but holy poo poo it's better than I could have ever hoped.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

picklejars posted:

Did my song download okay. No one mentioned it, so just being sure it worked okay. Or maybe I was just that bad. :ohdear:

Works great! The accordion really gets me in the nautical mood for some reason. Did I hear a cat meowing in the background?

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

SilverSliver posted:

I'm sort of sad that nobody did your song. Les Poissons and the fat french chef totally made that movie for me.
Why is nobody taking a stab at this?

Les sirenes
Les sirenes
How I love les sirenes
Love to act and to dress like a fish
First I put on some shells
Then I strap on my tail
Ah mais oui
Ca c'est toujours delish!
Les sirenes
Les sirenes
Hee hee hee
Hah hah hah
With a blunt in my hand, that'll do
I smoke all of what's inside
And totally get fried
I love dressing like fishes
Don't you?

i figured out how to download audacity just for you ;)

too bad i dont have any recording equipment and had to keep really quiet, hah. just had to plug my guitar right into my soundcard from my ME :(

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I Watson posted:

Shelly, please make a thread in Ask/Tell about your Mermaid adventures once this thread gets put into the Goldmine. Goons would love to hear even more about it and your lines of work if this thread is evidence.
Was just about to post the same thing. :allears:

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Eat_A_Bowl_Of_Dick posted:

:stare: Holy poo poo I need answers immediately.

I imagined it would either be like a human catdog, or some horse with a tail for a head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Back into the sea, thread.