Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
It was kind of nice when the forums had so few posters that the most mundane threads got a good amount of attention. The "what is this weird thing I found in my house" or "this dumb thing happened to me" lead to pretty amusing threads.

That and forum grudges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

starfish posted:

Hah, I remember this. Some dude posted a thread called "Post your favorite things" or something, then tried to post a picture of a vacuum. It didn't work so he edited his post to "there seems to be a porblem" and in SA fashion, it took off from there.
I think this is the kind of thing that I miss most. Spontaneous bouts of the community coming together to make something really dumb become really funny. It happened somewhat infrequently, but the forums were so small that threads like that were hard to miss. Mod challenges are sort of bringing this feeling back.

And to those of you saying that the forum has become more PC: in some ways the general dialogue is more "grown up" but a lot of the humor is still generally twisted. A lot of the time when people get called out it's not because they are misunderstood, but instead are in fact horrible people.