Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Actually I think most of the cast are 18-20something at the start, and obviously get older as it goes on.

Apparently the Two Rivers just marry really late for an agrarian society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'll never be convinced that Jordan didn't intend for Taim to be Demandred and then abandon it once it became clear the readers instantly figured it out. I know Jordan denied it and Sanderson denies it and I don't believe them. :colbert:

Not much other way to interpret it, honestly.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Although if you want to listen to it, knowing that it's actually called Writing Excuses would perhaps help.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Talking to your past lives is 100% not a thing sane people do in AWOT

You can talk to dead people, so long as you go to Dead People Land, so that's fine. But LTT isn't dead, he is Rand Al'Thor. He is talking to himself. It's exactly as reasonable as Rand having a one sided conversation with Jesus while his court looks on.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

socialsecurity posted:

If he was the reincarnation of Jesus

"If"

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
I wouldn't be surprised if it was intended to evoke the draft, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
One of the biggest things people were expecting that didn't pan out was: Rand dies, the sun goes out (solar eclipse), three days later Nynaeve raises him from the dead and the sun comes back. There is a LOT of textual support for this and I was actually really surprised it didn't happen. The Rand=Jesus stuff was fairly heavy (crown of thorns, spear in side, returned to save mankind, died for our sins etc), but the actual result we got was rather different.

Also Thom tells a story at one point which sounds like the USA and USSR destroying the First Age with nuclear warfare, which doesn't really matter but is quite fun.

• Locked thread