Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
So previously she couldn't advocate for the poor because of her expensive jacket, and now oh gently caress this, it's too stupid to comprehend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Seems like quite a change, what even happened over that time? McCully?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Most of these earth shattering poll movements that get lead stories are within the margin of error.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Exclamation Marx posted:

The Herald's smear campaign collapsed in on itself, there was the McCully stuff and Key's "I'll apologise if I know who it is, lol no j/k."

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Exclamation Marx posted:

i can feel the manamentum

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

A human heart posted:

i can feel the manamentum

TBH my only real problem with Internet Mana is Dotcom.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Exclamation Marx posted:

TBH my only real problem with Internet Mana is Dotcom.

i think that too but he seems to be more of a figurehead than anything else given that he can't run for parliament himself and they're doing left wing economic stuff which definitely doesn't originate with him.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Yeah, I hope Sykes gets Waiariki and the Internet Party top three seem like good people. Pretty sure Harré has effected more progressive law in her time in Parliament than the Greens too.

And another poll

Finlayson is so bitchy

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Are there any points that Internet Mana and the Greens disagree on? I assume it's all the same, just for different crowds.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Beartaco posted:

Are there any points that Internet Mana and the Greens disagree on? I assume it's all the same, just for different crowds.

Not a whole lot, but the Greens have got a bit more centrist economically and they can't touch Hone's open disdain for the middle class. Also yeah I know it's really important and everything, but shut up about the rivers sometime pleeease.

USA/the classic dick and balls seem to be a common theme

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Please can those dolphins hurry up and go gently caress off and die too.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

From Stuff Twitter feed

quote:

BREAKING: John Banks has not applied for a discharge without conviction and a conviction has been entered against him.

Also on the topic of campaign posters

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Two months of community detention and 100 hours of community work for Banks, with the Judge's reasoning being that Banks' offending being on the lower end of the scale with just two false donation disclosures, and that it doesn't indicate any pattern of behaviour at this stage. Banks has a curfew of 7pm to 7am from Thursday to Sunday.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=11302429

miss_chaos
Apr 7, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

The Herald's smear campaign collapsed in on itself, there was the McCully stuff and Key's "I'll apologise if I know who it is, lol no j/k."

There have been several polls since those things happened which haven't shown a drop.

Let's see if it hold outs over other polls.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

miss_chaos posted:

There have been several polls since those things happened which haven't shown a drop.

Let's see if it hold outs over other polls.

I was thinking specifically about the RM polling periods, but it usually takes a poll or two for these sorts of things to filter in to the numbers. I think the previous polls that you're referring to took place predominantly when the Dongha Liu "donation" malarkey was at its height, but that is off of memory and I don't have the polls sitting right in front of me so I may be wrong there. The Herald one, for example, only happens once every 4~6 months or so, if that.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

I liked the comment I read somewhere that pointed out the humour of Jamie Whyte's claim that legal privilege for Maori does them a disservice when ACT can't get into government on it's own merit and relies on favours from National.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I liked the comment I read somewhere that pointed out the humour of Jamie Whyte's claim that legal privilege for Maori does them a disservice when ACT can't get into government on it's own merit and relies on favours from National.

The ends justifies the means in the struggle to bring a true free market to all the peoples of the world. Now let's close another women's shelter, because no one group of people should receive government money over another.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Banks as leader of an ACT party that's in parliament is preferable to Whyte being the leader.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

asdfsdfg
Jan 1, 2006
I was driving from Christchurch Airport and saw a poster for Act with the slogan "Cut the GREEN tape" and I was just left wondering what further environmental regulations are they proposing to cut? Are our rivers not China enough? Is there not enough smog over the city in winter? Do we have too many hateful trees in our national parks? I mean, I could go to their website and research but I'm pretty much assuming they're poo poo ideas based on a slogan like that.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Internet Party ads are so 90s

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm not of the famously ADHD internet generation but even I read that first line, glanced at what the rest looked like and instantly lost interest in reading the rest of the copy and the second advert entirely.

They are heavily overpaying their designer.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Is it too much to have a designer/poster appeal to pragmatism? Given how most of my generation must be as cynical as gently caress from baby boomers sodomising them, it would seem to have the most impact.

Blatant idealism is an enormous turn-off, now. What happened to me :smith:

door.jar
Mar 17, 2010
I see those ads and just assume it's:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCxgqHqakXc

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

The big thing with this isn't whether Cunliffe should still do it or will Hosking be not terrible, but that TVNZ has degraded so badly that they think it's appropriate at all.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Isn't hosking the one who ran off with some other dudes wife?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Exclamation Marx posted:

Internet Party ads are so 90s

I dunno pepsi's pretty good. Though if national started a Dr Pepper campaign I might consider voting for them.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

At the corner of Ranolf Street and Malfroy Road in Rotorua.

The Labour one next to it was left untouched.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
NationOIL seems to be a popular one around here.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

One on the way into town had Key's picture cut out and "That's better" spray painted on.

Which seemed pretty accurate to me.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I forgot to say this earlier, but the John Key one is the only billboard that's been vandalised at the roundabout on the corner of Ranolf and Malfroy. Diagonal to the Labour and National party vote billboards are the various electorate vote billboards and they've been left untouched - including Todd McClay's one, oddly enough.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Not much vandalism of the signs around here(Greymouth) so far. Although not a huge amount of signage is up. Interestingly we went down to Hokitika yesterday and there was only one sign for National/Maureen Pugh down there and that is her home town. There were a large number of Ban 1080 hoardings up but with no identifiable party associated with them and the promoter statement was too small to read from the road.

Last year there was only the standard of people scribbling swastikas on every sign and a few with holes from a rock or similar object being thrown through them, but all parties seemed to suffer equally.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

A couple of the Conservative signs have had devils horns spraypainted on them, hastily scrubbed off/painted out, and sprayed again.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
I saw a Labour one leaning over against a Nat one today, but that might've been the wind last night. And one of electoral commission ads with Labour written under "Vote Sept 20"

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
All the national ones got destroyed around my area too actually, just straight up kicked down

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

swampland posted:

All the national ones got destroyed around my area too actually, just straight up kicked down

Next up: the actual National MPs

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

I'm still paitently waiting for the LibertariaNZ signs. Their last election sign featured a skinny white male wearing a fedora and a cane.

e: they deresgistered :sigh:

http://www.3news.co.nz/Libertarianz-call-it-quits-as-party/tabid/1607/articleID/330792/Default.aspx

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I like the advice to ACT that they'd get more seats if they returned to their libertarian roots while giving an interview about how you're giving up on your libertarian party because nobody was voting for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

:holy:
http://vimeo.com/102441715

• Locked thread