Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

frozenpeas posted:

I'm sure this movie will be as terrible as every other movie John Carpenter has made since Vampires but the poster is quite striking, I think.

At first I thought the arm hold the skull was the skull's spine and it was bursting from her stomach, that would be a better poster.

Edit: As for Badass fairy-tale movies, Freeway kinda fits. I wouldn't call it badass necessarily but it's certainly gritty and creepy.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Davros1 posted:

Liefeld, about a year or two ago, illustrated a Deadpool story in which, at one point, Deadpool is pursued by a van that, for whatever reason, had a giant foot on it.

At least the man can poke fun at himself.

That kick starter he did, one of the reward tiers is a signed pouch.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

axleblaze posted:

The poster for the Butler is making me think that maybe more interesting then the horrendous trailer makes it look:

I'm stealing this joke from the Greenlighted thread, but once again Allan Rickman is typecast as a villain.

(Alan Rickman and Jane Fonda as the Reagens is the greatest presidential casting since forever)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I think this is an unintentionally hilarious poster

One of these names doesn't match the others.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

Isn't there a $x00 fine for honking throughout most of Manhattan?

Have you ever been to Manhattan?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

tliil posted:

I've only been to movie Manhattan, but I thought everyone associated Manhattan with endless honking horns.

:thejoke:

If there was a fine for honking (or at least one that was enforced) no one would be able to afford gasoline to drive.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

pookerbug posted:

The robot names all sound like they came out of some sort of generator site.

Enter your favorite character from Airplane! ________
Enter the word your wife screams during orgasm _______

Your Jager's name is: STRIKER EUREKA.

I haven't quite figured out what the algorithm is yet though.

Steve Steven (wait a second, my name's not Steven).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Should probably fix your spoiler son.

Also, I'm not so sure. They did show his daughter on the tv screen, but then also showed a raunchy sex scene which could easily be the incest happening, since I can't really think of any other reason to show that (unless, you know, marketing purposes). It's possible he simply wouldn't recognize his daughter even despite the interview.

That said, I initially thought the same as you, so they may be ditching it and I'm just grasping at straws.

edit - massive spoilers in this article, which says they didn't remove the twist. I've no idea how legit this is, but it's what I'm going to believe until I hear otherwise.

I suspect (oldboy spoilers) The stuff with the daughter in the trailer is meant to throw off people who've seen the original and further confuse Brolin's character. Like it's an actress doing a fake interview that they spliced into his news feed on the television

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Young Freud posted:

No Catwoman?

Not a villain.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cacator posted:

It would suck living in a house like that.

You play hide and seek with your kids, a week later find them from the smell .

casa de mi padre posted:

I don't see a problem with advertising Lego though, it's the best toy for kids. It doesn't push any values on children and encourages creativity.

Of course it's been sliding down a slippery slope of telling children how to play with toys for a long time but it's better than buying kids videogames.

edit: I guess you could buy your kids Minecraft.

While I do think it's a great toy for kids, *cough cough*

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I feel that I need to change my avatar to express how awesome Josie and the Pussycats is. It's the best comic book movie of all time.

It's the best comic book movie of all time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Maybe they'll tweak the actual story, and this one will end with Hanks kicking the stock of that AK, flipping it around and putting it in his own hands. He raises it to the chin of the lead hijacker, and says ".... hijack this."

Also, the lead hijacker is played by Cuba Gooding Jr.

Hooray for Hollywood! :bravo:
It's Paul Greengrass. Watch any of his other "Based on a true story" films. Between Bloody Sunday and United 93 I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

casa de mi padre posted:

I feel like there's something to this concept, but the execution...

Am I the only one who thinks the "R" looks too much like the "A"? To the point that if this your first exposure to the movie you'll not understand the title and think it's a foreign film.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

casa de mi padre posted:

Does she hate easy money or something?

Maybe she blames them for spoiling her acting style because nothing she's been in since has measured up to her performance in Leon (The Professional) when she was like 13. Now that's a seriously good movie with a good poster.

Come to think of it, Jean Reno hasn't been as good in a movie since then either.

*cough* *cough*

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

casa de mi padre posted:

I forgot about this. Okay, I'll give her one. Black Swan was her poorly playing a virgin when the whole audience knows Natalie Portman's done it with guys.

I got to admire the dedication to a role that would result in an actress getting her head shaved on camera.

I'm sorry, I assumed someone posting on a movie forum knew what the word acting means.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Terminal Entropy posted:

But the movie is focused on him, so it makes sense that he is front and center on the poster then, the bluing is just a hack design aesthetic to go with that matches the suit jacket and dresses. Otherwise the Ironman 3 poster that was just being talked about is racist for having Don Cheadle be to the side rather than front and center with Robert Downey Jr..

It would be racist if the title of Iron Man 3 was "Rhodey's Adventure." But it's called Iron Man 3, so it makes sense that the actor playing Iron Man is front and center. So yeah, a movie called "The Sapphires" should probably have the girls in the group Sapphires front and center.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ShufflerZero posted:

Born to Kill

This kept popping up on Netflix for a while in my suggestions (they were right, by the way, it's an awesome movie). And every time I saw it, I'd do a double take, wondering when Ben Affleck made a period noir. The tagline is great too and hilarious if you watch the movie, because the femme fatale is a billion times colder than the dude in the poster.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Red Bones posted:

Isn't that the one where the moon rocks are actually spiders or something like that?

I'm not a design expert by any means but all the bits of the collage have different styles and colours and it looks like a total mess. Steve on the bed in particular is just straight from the film and they should've put a filter over it to make it match everything else. The gun also makes the composition weirdly stretched out because there's now this big blank space in the middle.

This is a really nice poster for the getaway.

It doesn't have a car though, given that the majority of the movie is them fleeing in various cars, a car would be nice.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cacator posted:

Prognosis Negative is apparently based on an actual screenplay that Larry David wrote, “...is about a single guy who is unable to commit to a relationship. He finds out an ex-girlfriend has six months to live and decides it's perfect...he can commit without worrying about the long term consequences.”

Oh my god, that's so horrible, and completely sounds like something Larry David would do in real life.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BonoMan posted:

poo poo, I was gonna say it was imitating Trudeau's Doonesbury.

That's a cigarette, not a nose.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

That's a pretty drat big penis.

Also a great poster.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

As far as I know Ender's Game is considered the only good Orson Scott Card book?

I liked Time Quake.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Toebone posted:

That's Vonnegut.

I meant Pastwatch.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Surlaw posted:

What's a "mumblecore?"

Awesome.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Binary Logic posted:

Bright white, yet the tagline says he's "up all night" :confused:

Okay so back to the Aristocats poster a couple of pages back. Maybe I have a dirty mind or maybe those Disney artists were going for subliminal message but to me their positioning looks like the definition of doggy style:

Given the history of animation in general, there's a good chance it's on purpose.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I Before E posted:

WWE Films must be getting adventurous.

Yes

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sad lions posted:

Understandable and fine with screen prints (which would also legitimise their limited palette).
It's absolutely a dick move intended to make it 'so super duper special' to own one when machine printing is being used and making them to order is very much an option.

Their artists talent leans more towards mediocre and only looks noteworthy because the only things we tend to see otherwise are the contractually destroyed unimaginative floating head official posters and the babby's first photoshop minimalist fan posters.

Note to Mondo: doing the polar opposite of minimalist posters isn't significantly better.

They're well aware of how quickly their posters sell out, and when you're setup to screen print something once you can make as many as you want, so the artificial scarcity thing is absolutely a real thing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The MSJ posted:

His YouTube account is the most subscribed to in the world surpassing even Rihanna and Justin Bieber.

This is the most depressing sentence I've read today.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alhazred posted:

And then he was in Alongside Night. Basically the only highlights in his career since Hercules is...Hercules in God of War 2.

He was good in the fourth season of The O.C.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

This is the most nit picky thing I've ever said, but why change the 'we are' to 'we're'?

A tiny change ruining the entire ominous atmosphere of the tag line :colbert:

Or maybe I'm just tired.

I actually think I like the meter better on the second one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

In fairness to Harmon, he found out he wasn't going to be the show runner on season 4 from the same press release everyone else did. You can forgive a little poo poo talking after that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

couldcareless posted:

So I really want to buy that Catching Fire IMAX poster. I haven't ever bought movie posters before, what is a good place for me to look?

Allposters or Ebay.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Frostwerks posted:

I don't know if Leo is worth avenging. He left you behind to get raped by Jimmy McNulty.

Well, if you have to get raped, you could do worse.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

What the gently caress is this?

The death of Dave Foley.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Red_Museum posted:

I feel like I first saw the trailer for this years ago.

Summer Glau must have a really small part, because she's easily as famous as the two dudes on the poster that aren't Peter Dinklage.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Do you not know who Steve Zahn is? I mean he's not super famous but he has had his name billed quite a few times in some biggish movies. Summer Glau is basically unknown outside of the type of person who goes to Comicon (which would be a good reason for her to be billed over knight dude, actually),

I do know who he is, but looking over his IMDB I can't remember why. (Actually I think his IMDB is missing a ton of poo poo, because the most recent thing in there I've seen is Reality Bites, which can't be right at all.)

What biggish movie is he in?

The other dude who isn't Peter Dinklage I only know as being the dumb pretty boy on True Blood, so yeah I'm going to say the chick from the Firefly movie and the Terminator TV show is as famous.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

After looking at his Wikipedia page, it turns out he was in Rescue Dawn (which I haven't seen in years) which is worth a look and Shattered Glass, which is apparently really good. Out of Sight, which I mentioned a couple of posts up, is probably the most famous film he's been in though.

Prior to that there's also That Thing You Do! from 1994 and apparently he was in Crimson Tide.

I missed Shattered Glass and Out of Sight on the list, but I also can't remember him being in those at all.

Fake Edit: I remember him in Out of Sight, he plays a complete gently caress-up whose only contribution is being manipulated by every other character. And while I love that movie, I mostly know it as "The awesome movie no one else knows exists, despite having George Clooney, Jennifer Lopez, Ving Rhames and Don Cheadle." So I'm sticking with Summer Glau being more famous. Also it came out 15 years ago. Shattered Glass came out 10 years ago (and only had a limited release). I still don't see how Summer Glau is less famous.

Sheldrake posted:

Oh wow, that was her? I spent the entire trailer convinced she must've been the director's girlfriend.

I was going off the poster, didn't watch the trailer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gonz posted:

There hasn't been a Road Rash game produced for a console since 1999.

Moreso, there hasn't been a Mutant League ________ sports game produced since 1994.

Blasphemy. Blasphemy.

I haven't played it, but there's Blood Bowl.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Echo Chamber posted:

Fast & Furious 7 Teaser Poster

I don't think it's half bad.
Fan made. Unofficial. Tricked a bunch of people.

I think it's in poor taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

schwenz posted:

I guess Nickelodeon is showing re-runs of Full House or something? My daughter is completely hooked on the show, wherever it is running. I think her first crush is on John Stamos, which is really bizarre. When I was a kid all the girls had a crush on John Stamos and I hated that fucker. Now my daughter has a crush on John Stamos. Is this God giving me a chance to make an amends with John Stamos? Is he trying to tell me to track John Stamos down because I am meant to connect with John Stamos somehow? What are you trying to tell me John Stamos? I don't understand.

He's great at cuddling