Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

mind the walrus posted:

Clive Barker, if I recall correctly.

This is it. I was sad that it wasn't all that great too, I'm a bigger Clive Barker fan than most :sigh: (most of that is probably "first horror story" nostalgia though).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Baron Bifford posted:

Absolutely horrible.

What does that tagline even mean? It's so horribly generic.

THIS MOVIE

HAS

AN

ENDING

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Waffleman_ posted:

Is anybody else getting a "We really want to make the next Wicked" vibe from Maleficent? This is probably not going to be as good, though.

An origin story for a green-skinned witch from a beloved children's movie? Now why would you get Wicked vibes from that at all.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

VoidBurger posted:

I thought this was a classy poster for the unclassy 90s Tank Girl movie at first.

Was that movie also titled I Declare War?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Barometer posted:

Meh, it's ripoffs all the way around on this one.

Yeah honestly as good as Jamie Hewlett's visual style is, it's pretty weird to not see the Full Metal Jacket "influence" first.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

As far as I know Ender's Game is considered the only good Orson Scott Card book?

It's all relative.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

scary ghost dog posted:

I hate Asa Butterfield. I hated him in Hugo and I'm prepared to hate him in this.

gently caress, I thought that was Elijah Wood.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Kids hate mouths.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Can Bone Alone please kick off a batch of dog movies with suggestive titles?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Basebf555 posted:

I thought this was just a common error that people make while speaking casually, I assumed that a professional marketing team would know how to say it correctly. I really shouldn't be as surprised as I am, I guess I'm not totally jaded yet.

No, I was right, I could care less, because I care even less about what you're saying right now.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Holy poo poo is the Rhino supposed to be a mecha dog looking thing :stare:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

BonoMan posted:

Looks like an inFamous crossover!

inFamous is nowhere cool enough to headline Jamie Foxx.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
That was literally my exact reaction, I was so bummed we were going to get less Giamatti than I expected. At the very least I hope Green Gobbo is the one to get sidelined this time.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Sir Kodiak posted:

Not just Rises. All three of the Nolan Batman movies had at least three villains make an appearance.

Who was the third villain in Dark Knight? Don't say "Scarecrow" either or I'll shank you.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Nikaer Drekin posted:

I don't think it was necessarily the number of villains in Spider-Man 3 that was the problem, but more that the script was so jumbled. Cut out Sandman, make the dark suit actually threatening and focus the conflict on Harry's bitterness against Peter/Spider-Man (without the amnesia crap) and Peter creating Venom by giving in to the dark suit, and you could have a great, dramatic finale to the trilogy. As is, I'm convinced Spider-Man 3 is one of the best recent comedies and I will always watch it in that frame of mind.

Ehhh. I thought Amazing Spider-Man had a good cast but was pretty uninspired overall, and this makes me think the second will be more of the same. I thought Jamie Foxx and Paul Giamatti would be awesome as Shocker/Rhino, but now I'm not so sure. Why even cast Paul Giamatti if you're just going to stick him in a dumb tank? I feel like I'll have to see Shocker in action to tell if they pull it off, but with three villains I feel like his actual screen time will end up being thinned.

Not Shocker, Electro. Not trying to be pedantic, I just don't want you to get your hopes up :shobon:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Gary Oldman as an antagonist? Ptheh, not likely.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Cleretic posted:

To provide a bit of content, because apparently this thread needs it,

I don't think we need you being a smug cock.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I am eagerly awaiting the sequel to Pompe

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Spatula City posted:

wait. It's set...in SEATTLE?
No. nooooo. nooooooo.
:smith:

Oh nooooooo! This film adaption of a widely-successful book that nerds hate is being set in a city of over six hundred thousand people! Nooooo not my sprawling metropolis!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Seth has always come off as incredibly slimy and creepy to me. Like, he looks like someone who should be going door-to-door selling vacuums that stop working after two hours. It'd be fine if he leveraged it, but he always casts himself as some sort of smarmy idiot you're supposed to identify with.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I hope I don't sound too nitpicky, but it looks like Michael J. Fox is wearing a black motorcycle helmet in that poster. Does he do that in the movie?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lizard Combatant posted:

That's Doc and you're seeing the silver visor he wears against his silhouette.

Alright, my mistake. Haven't seen BTTF2 in years.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's really weird to me that more people don't know about Miami Connection. I would've thought above all else at least the letter scene would become a meme or something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS2NIFM2Emo

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's also on Netflix, I highly recommend giving it a watch.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Hewlett posted:

Quick someone shop Cap's shield on Noah's back.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

nippon nifties posted:

Quick now put him in the Into Darkness wreckage

Pingiivi posted:

Change Russell Crowe to Hugh Jackman.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

But make the background beyond the wreckage the background of The Croods poster.

I tried, I really did, but this would be impossible unless I spent hours cutting out the background :(

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Apr 6, 2014

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

CelticPredator posted:

HOLY poo poo ahhaha. Professor X makes it the best poster I've ever seen. Make something for my Adam Sandler thread right loving now.

He was in the other one too, I was a little sad nobody pointed it out.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
October 3rd, the national day of Knowing What You Have.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tomero_the_Great posted:

If you go to the site and click on each poster you get to see all the fan submissions.

You know you want to.

They're all goddamn amazing.

Clint Eastwood nooooooooo :ohdear:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
How do you even remember what you posted a year ago?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Fayez Butts posted:

Really though? And enough to put a poster up on your wall?

Try five.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Alhazred posted:

Surprisingly that is not the only poster that combines tentacles and naked women:
:nws:http://imgur.com/7JcPrQh:nws:

And yet somehow Octopussy didn't get one of these. Lame.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
N I C H O L A S  C A G E
and some other people too, I guess

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

I feel ya, buddy.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Davros1 posted:

Isn't it just the character one-sheets 'shopped into one giant poster?

Yeeeep. It's strange though, the Kelsey Grammer shot isn't worse than any of the others, but something about him feels even more out of place. He almost looks like the result of a "Photoshop Kelsey Grammer wearing a bucket hat into strange situations" thread in GBS.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 9, 2014

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Don't be like that, it's the lean. Gets everybody.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

John Dough posted:

Does Smaug suddenly have three heads? I can see a face in the left one, and the right one seems to be breathing fire :psyduck:

Those are his arm wings dude.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
True Detective Man is the cruelest animal. Also, the shittiest superhero.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Jonny Angel posted:

gently caress that, "Dorian Gray" is really obviously a vampire name.

"Oh, is that a 50 Shades of Gray spinoff?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Oh for fucks' sakes, I know we do the "lol photoshop so bad guy look like other guy" joke a lot but I am dead serious when I say that until someone pointed out that was Simon Pegg I thought it was an airbrushed Harvey Keitel. They made him look older somehow.