Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Presented without comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
It is a pretty cute dog though.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

bobkatt013 posted:

So we have to use spoilers for things that happened last season?

In threads completely unrelated to the show, where people who haven't finished the show don't expect spoilers? Probably.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Young Freud posted:

Dan O'Bannon was such a magnificent bastard.

But really, this "based/inspired by true story" has gotten really annoying recently. See The Strangers where the inspiration was the screenwriter getting scared by some mask kids outside his window or some bullshit.

I thought The Strangers was partially inspired by the Manson killings?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Robert Denby posted:

My favorite use of that will always be what Warner did with the "Harry Potter" films. Walk through a theater in 2001 and you saw this:

Walk through a theater in 2010, and you saw this:

It's worth noting also that as the movies went on, the WB studio card before the film got dingier and rustier looking. I thought it was pretty neat.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Max22 posted:

The WB logo has seen some poo poo:

Looks like it never really recovered from its breakup with AOL. It was all downhill from there.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Isn't it literally on the cover of the comic?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Jasta posted:

I'm really left wondering what 3D gags can be pulled out of The Great Gatsby.

Daisy Buchanan runs over you!

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Leper Residue posted:

That has got to be the unluckiest family ever. Didn't they learn their lesson to not leave America in the first one?

There's a trailer that sorta explains what happens. This movie's gonna rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFZ2eQ0PpW4

The lighting in the poster is weird though. Here's Liam Neeson's nose and forehead!

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
I'm glad the suit has texture to it. I always thought the smooth spandex bodysuit look looked pretty goofy.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

kiimo posted:

Okay they spelled Kristen Stewart's name wrong that isn't real thank God.

And they stole the billing block from the first movie's poster. Catherine Hardwicke is not the director this time.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Bear With a Vengeance.

But yeah, Bear is on Netflix and it's really, really bad.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Jefferoo posted:

New Dredd poster!

Looks pretty alright!

This poster is giving me some serious Crackdown vibes.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
DiCaprio was pretty much born to play Jay Gatsby, so I'm looking forward to it. But drat is the music in that trailer awful throughout.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

GazChap posted:

I've seen this film twice, and I don't actually remember Colin Farrell's character holding a gun at any point during the film, even.

Am I dumb?

That hardly matters to poster designers:

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

WhatAliceFoundThere posted:

Make the circles flesh coloured, add dots in the middle and it's a Total Recall poster.

This poster exists and has been posted in this thread before.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Supercar Gautier posted:

Crystal Skull in the same motif would either have to be tiny Indy standing alone in front of a UFO taking off, or emerging from a fridge in front of a mushroom cloud. So yeah.

Considering that shot of him in front of the mushroom cloud was amazing, I'd be happy about that. That movie sucked (and the fridge thing was dumb) but that was cool.

I'll defend it forever.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Mister Chief posted:

It's really impressive how Spielberg told his actors to stare at a tennis ball hanging by a string and imagine it was something else.

What does the impressiveness of the final product have anything to do with the impressiveness of the means of achieving it?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Why does this one say "Edward James Olmost"?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Yeah, that's the same dome effect from the seventh Harry Potter movie. That poster's definitely not real.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

jet sanchEz posted:

I like this idea too and I know I have seen some examples of it but I cannot for the life of me remember any that are not part of a huge ARG. Can anyone think of any?

Didn't the Red Dawn remake have a bunch of fake propaganda posters too?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Suzuki Method posted:

Actually, when I went to go look it up, it seems I am mistaking The Hills Have Eyes 2 poster's controversy with a different controversy. The blood having to be changed to dark brown thing must have been on another poster (I distinctly remember this being an issue)

Wasn't it the I Spit on Your Grave remake?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
It's missing that also-wonderful Aladdin poster.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Cage posted:

Just curious, does anyone here own any movie posters for movies they don't like or haven't watched? On the flip side does anyone own a crappy poster for a movie that they liked?

I do. I own this poster, because it's rad as heck:

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

WebDog posted:

Also the Star - TITLE - Wars border thing did become a somewhat popular choice for video game covers as it works as a nice way to frame a brand. But as mentioned can look clumsy and read weird.

I've never understood this thread's thing with splitting the title like that. It really doesn't read weird unless you're being pedantic.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
My favorite part is the train in the foreground being on seemingly the same track as the crashing train on the collapsing tracks in the background.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Alouicious posted:

To be fair, the Mondo backlash got old months ago and now it's just annoying.

It's not just backlash, Mondo is poo poo and always has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Whining about the choice of director this far in advance just seems dumb to me. Let him prove himself, Safety Not Guaranteed was a different genre (oh no!) but it wasn't exactly incompetently done to the point where this is already written off as a bad movie.